Kaito or Kaito Not?

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.

Do you Like Kaito Kid?

There's NO WAY i'd dislike him.
91%
OF COURSE not!
9%

Total votes: 140
KaitoKidMagic

Rarely on the Forums nowadays

Re: Kaito or Kaito Not?

Postby KaitoKidMagic » November 18th, 2010, 10:06 am

Shin101 wrote:Haaaaateeeeerrrrssss XD

MK KID>DC KID>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Movie KID /end of discussion
Work for me!  ;D
Sherlock Holmes - When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Conan Edogawa - A Detective who uses his deductive powers  to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop that suspect from committing suicide...is NO better than a murderer himself.

[CENTER]Image

http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx ... =1&#162065
KaitoKidMagic wrote:Parkur - #1 member on DCTP that hates KaitoKidMagic - Since 1994
KaitoKidMagic wrote:DCTP... ASSEMBLE!!!!!! *all the main dctp members join together and do a awesome pose* XD
itsashleylove

Credits to ã‚‚ å­

Postby itsashleylove » November 19th, 2010, 4:49 pm

mangaluva wrote:Kid's True Nature: The Musical- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDM9j9CEsks#

Check this out. It's sheer genius and utterly hilarious. Featuring a random WTF cameo about halfway through XD

listened to that yesterday, and i love it! it was hilarious ;D
But you're amazing when you smile
When I see you smiling, I start to feel good ♥

CaseClosed101

*Iz avatarless*

Postby CaseClosed101 » November 20th, 2010, 6:05 pm

itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:Kid's True Nature: The Musical- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDM9j9CEsks#

Check this out. It's sheer genius and utterly hilarious. Featuring a random WTF cameo about halfway through XD

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Well, you see, I can't turn up the volume, cuz my mom is grounding me. The sound would give it away.

Gah.
Given an infinite universe and infinite time, all things will happen. That means that every event is inevitable, including those that are impossible.

pofa wrote:Number of pofa heart attacks this round: 3+ -.-

The real moral of the story: Don't ever tell Xcomm it would be funny if he did something. (What would that have been, like, pulling a perpetual pofa? D:)

Jd- wrote:This goes without saying, but now you guys really have to win.

I demand it!

itsashleylove

Credits to ã‚‚ å­

Postby itsashleylove » November 20th, 2010, 9:11 pm

CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Well, you see, I can't turn up the volume, cuz my mom is grounding me. The sound would give it away.

Gah.

why not earphones?

CaseClosed101

*Iz avatarless*

Postby CaseClosed101 » November 21st, 2010, 12:09 am

itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

Because, even though the computer screen is out of sight, my mom can still see me. Hence, if I wear earphones, I'm busted.
Given an infinite universe and infinite time, all things will happen. That means that every event is inevitable, including those that are impossible.

The real moral of the story: Don't ever tell Xcomm it would be funny if he did something. (What would that have been, like, pulling a perpetual pofa? D:)

I demand it!

mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Postby mangaluva » November 21st, 2010, 3:08 pm

CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

Because, even though the computer screen is out of sight, my mom can still see me. Hence, if I wear earphones, I'm busted.

No Mp3 player or iPod you can use to pretend that you're listening to? XD
chongjasmine

Postby chongjasmine » November 24th, 2010, 10:54 pm

I love Kaitou kid. He is one of my favourite character in the DC universe!
CaseClosed101

*Iz avatarless*

Postby CaseClosed101 » November 29th, 2010, 7:11 am

mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

*Cough* I just read the lyrics, however. And I was like OMG THAT IS SO FUNNY

I HAV TOO TURN ME CAPS LOCK OFF BUT IT'S STYUK

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

But I still think Movie 14 KID was OOC.

I demand it!

mangaluva

Postby mangaluva » November 29th, 2010, 2:35 pm

CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

And have to agree. Just a bit. (Frankly, I think he was a bit OOC in the Kirin's Horn case. A TAZER? Seriously? O_o)
itsashleylove

Credits to ã‚‚ å­

Postby itsashleylove » November 29th, 2010, 6:55 pm

mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

And have to agree. Just a bit. (Frankly, I think he was a bit OOC in the Kirin's Horn case. A TAZER? Seriously? O_o)

I agree, that's just not Kid's style :o
I mean... he could have just used sleeping gas maybe, since sleeping gas is one of his magic tools ^^

mangaluva

Postby mangaluva » November 30th, 2010, 8:02 am

itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

I mean... he could have just used sleeping gas maybe, since sleeping gas is one of his magic tools ^^

And, y'know, he's used it a million times before and it's significantly less violent than mildly electrocuting somebody. I can see him tazering Hakuba for funsies, but a kid?
CaseClosed101

*Iz avatarless*

Postby CaseClosed101 » November 30th, 2010, 8:53 am

mangaluva wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

And, y'know, he's used it a million times before and it's significantly less violent than mildly electrocuting somebody. I can see him tazering Hakuba for funsies, but a kid?

Tickling Hakuba, yes. But even tasering Hakuba is sooo un-KID.

But if it was sleeping gas, if would put everyone to sleep, hence not making the trick work. 'Cause Ayumi, Genta, Haibara,and Mitshiko needed to be awake. And KID himself.
Last edited by CaseClosed101 on November 30th, 2010, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I demand it!

mangaluva

Postby mangaluva » November 30th, 2010, 9:02 am

CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

But if it was sleeping gas, if would put everyone to sleep, hence not making the trick work. 'Cause Ayumi, Genta, Haibara,and Mitshiko needed to be awake. And KID himself.

I dunno, I've seen him use a little spritzer can for small, concentrated bursts. He could knock Conan out without sending anyone else to sleep, though they might smell the gas.
Chibby

Nya?

Postby Chibby » November 30th, 2010, 3:46 pm

mangaluva wrote:
Spoiler:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:

I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT. D:

HALP.

Gah.

why not earphones?

NOM.

OMG I'M SUGAR HIGH

*Cough* sorry.

Brilliant, isn't it? ;D

I dunno, I've seen him use a little spritzer can for small, concentrated bursts. He could knock Conan out without sending anyone else to sleep, though they might smell the gas.

He also blew out the windows beforehand, though. The wind would make the gas difficult to use effectively, since it could diffuse it and force the gas away from where it needed to go. Even at a short range, it'd be risky. He had to use a lot of that gas on the guard in ep. 219, and it'd probably take more than a quick burst even to knock out a kid.

...To say nothing of the fact that he had to knock Conan out quick, otherwise the whole thing would be ruined. Kaito couldn't give him the time to react, because that could have let Shinichi tag him, grab him, or do something cryptic and brilliant that would give Kid away when the lights flicked back on (or possibly something completely mundane like pulling off part of the mask).
My Twitter is ChibbyScans for anyone interested.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » November 30th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Chibby wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
itsashleylove wrote:
mangaluva wrote:And have to agree. Just a bit. (Frankly, I think he was a bit OOC in the Kirin's Horn case. A TAZER? Seriously? O_o)

He also blew out the windows beforehand, though. The wind would make the gas difficult to use effectively, since it could diffuse it and force the gas away from where it needed to go. Even at a short range, it'd be risky. He had to use a lot of that gas on the guard in ep. 219, and it'd probably take more than a quick burst even to knock out a kid.

...To say nothing of the fact that he had to knock Conan out quick, otherwise the whole thing would be ruined. Kaito couldn't give him the time to react, because that could have let Shinichi tag him, grab him, or do something cryptic and brilliant that would give Kid away when the lights flicked back on (or possibly something completely mundane like pulling off part of the mask).
The single best strategy Kaito could have used is to grab Conan's watch and use it on him, either by twisting his wrist around and firing it like Vermouth did, or removing the watch and then gunning him with it. Either way, Kaito should be an expert enough to do this even in the dark. Kaito knows from observation the watch sedative works quickly, is safe, and the effects last a while. To finish the trick, just dump an empty syringe on the ground which achieves the same "need to take him to the hospital" effect as the taser.
Not only does this technique nullify Conan's most useful gadget, using Conan's own weapon used against him is a delightful way to mess with the detective's ego. If the watch doesn't take Conan down long enough for Kaito's liking, then Kaito Kid can knock Conan out with the watch and then feed him some sleeping pills while he's out. The pills will kick in before the effects of the watch wear off.