Toichi & Yusaku

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
ShinRan36

Name: Hilo ^^

Toichi & Yusaku

Postby ShinRan36 » November 27th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Hey guys I have a question..
Are Toichi and Yusaku brothers?
And if yes, does Shinichi know it?
Because, when Shinichi and Ran went to the school and saw Toichi,they asked him who he was, and he answered:
"I am your sibling,No, I should be more specific,I am your younger brother."
Shinichi got to know at the end, that the case was for his father, so the father should solve it.  So the words of Toichi were for Yusaku..
And he got to know that the name Kid was the "idea" of his father.
At the end of the episode toichi says: "Im your sibling..Well,maybe I should say, your younger brother..Are you gonna be able to stop me next time?"
So are yusaku and toichi brothers?
I wonder if Gosho will make this all clear to us, because I also want to know, which organisation killed toichi and whether kaito or shinichi know this all..
Last edited by ShinRan36 on November 27th, 2009, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1554.0

"We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time.."

PLEASE READ!
4869´s Novella.

http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=2541.0

akai-kun´s fanfiction
http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1709.0

bluekaitou1412
http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1663.0
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Toichi & Yusaku

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 27th, 2009, 9:33 pm

ShinRan36 wrote:Are Toichi and Yusaku brothers?

no
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Olive

Postby Olive » November 27th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Nah, Toichi and Yusaku aren't related, as far as we know - although plenty of fanfics have used that idea to explain why Kaito and Shinichi look so similar - but no family ties.

The "I am your sibling" thing was a reference to the fact that Yusaku came up with the name "Kid" from 1412. Kid referred to Shin-chan as his sibling because the same person had named the both of them - although Kid was named after Shinichi was, hence the reason why he's the "younger sibling."
Nanako

a drawing of myself :D (just .. thinner XDD)

Postby Nanako » November 28th, 2009, 6:12 am

i thought they were brothers [So shinichi and kaitou were cousins] but now i'm confused D;
ShinRan36

Name: Hilo ^^

Postby ShinRan36 » November 28th, 2009, 6:48 am

I also dont know what is the right and I hope that gosho will make it clear for us..

in the german vikipedi for example there is written that yusaku is the "godfather" of Kaito Kuroba..But I dont know..

http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1554.0

"We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time.."

PLEASE READ!
4869´s Novella.

http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=2541.0

akai-kun´s fanfiction
http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1709.0

bluekaitou1412
http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1663.0
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » November 28th, 2009, 11:31 pm

Nanako wrote:i thought they were brothers [So shinichi and kaitou were cousins] but now i'm confused D;

Oi, oi, you're reading fanfics too much.
mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Postby mangaluva » November 30th, 2009, 4:14 am

Yuusaku and Toichi are in no way related. They know each other in civilian life because Yukiko met Toichi when he was her acting sensei. In the "Golden Apple" arc, Yukiko mentions that "A Great Japanese Magician" taught disguise and roleplay to her and "Sharon Vineyard" (who can disguise herself as well as Kid); his face and name are not shown but in the later flashback where she's talking to Toichi at one point she addresses him as "Toichi-sensei". They know each other through Yukiko, but nothing else.

I don't know if Yuusaku is Kaito's godfather, but he doesn't have to be related to be his godfather. My godfather is my dad's college buddy.

They've also met on heists, with Yuusaku chasing Toichi as the Kid (like father, like son), and it's probable that Yuusaku knew who he was (given the whole exchange sequence of letters), but they're not related. At the end of that arc, Shinichi remembers a phone call where his mother says that "Yuusaku is the father of the name Kid", so that's really it.

Becky Tailweaver's "A Relative Truth" is awesome, but it's not canon.
kaitoushinichi

Postby kaitoushinichi » November 30th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Well, it's still unknown whether or not Toichi and Yuusaku are related.

If they are brothers, that would be a sort of an explanation for what high school they went to; Eri, Kogoro, and Yukiko all went to the same high school, but they never mention that Yuusaku went to the same one (Aoyama-sensei reveals in an interview that Yukiko and Yuusaku met when one of his novels became a TV drama, and Yukiko played the heroine...)

But, it could be just because the drawing style is similar... not much else. Besides, he said in his little section between chapters of the Kaitou KID vs Conan special collection volume that Kaito was originally supposed to be just a little guest, one time character (like Heiji was supposed to be) but ended up writing more Kaitou KID stuff because of reader demand and it's just plain fun to see Conan and Kaito going against each other...
mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Postby mangaluva » December 1st, 2009, 6:14 am

They look similar, yes, but this is back to the debate about Shinichi and Kaito being related just because they look alike, which is rubbish; there's been at least two other Shinichi lookalikes in the series (like Okita, Heiji's kendo rival) as well as another Ran lookalike and even a Heiji lookalike. If they were related, then Yukiko likely would have met Yuusaku sooner through Toichi, and there would have been some kind of indication in the flashback where Yukiko is talking to Toichi, but there's nothing; Yuusaku reminds her that she's late for lunch but the way he talks about Toichi is nothing more than in acquaintance. Aoyama made them similar in all likelihood for the same reasons that Shinichi, Ran and Kogoro look like Kaito, Aoko and Ginzo- an injoke or a fondness for the art style. That's all.
takiko

I'm takiko, not Takiko.

Postby takiko » December 21st, 2009, 1:14 am

It's better if they are. But it would make things more complicated.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » December 21st, 2009, 10:59 am

I hope they are! that would be awesome  :o :o :o :o
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 21st, 2009, 4:52 pm

why do you guys like horrible plot twists reserved for horrible fan fiction?

Of course, I am worried eventually they'll do one of the worst things you can do in a plot and make 2595 comparisons between Toichi and Kaito or Shinichi and Yusaku (seriously I hate when characters are compared to characters (especially to their own dads) in a way that makes them seem EXACTLY the same just so they can say "OH HE'S JUST LIKE HIM" :() so that would be great comparison.
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on December 21st, 2009, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

takiko

I'm takiko, not Takiko.

Postby takiko » December 22nd, 2009, 12:11 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:why do you guys like horrible plot twists reserved for horrible fan fiction?

A matter of taste and opinion.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 22nd, 2009, 12:38 am

takiko wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:why do you guys like horrible plot twists reserved for horrible fan fiction?

A matter of taste and opinion.

some people think Twilight is an amazing book too  :-*

takiko

I'm takiko, not Takiko.

Postby takiko » December 22nd, 2009, 12:46 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:some people think Twilight is an amazing book too  :-*

Count me out there. :D