The Mystery that is Aoko.

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: The Mystery that is Aoko.

Post by mangaluva »

Images in file 731 show her in what appears to be a black fur coat, with bandages wrapped around her fist and loosely around the upper half of her face.

Her mother is never canonically mentioned, and in fanon she tends to be dead, but run away to be a ninja is awesome XD
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

but we don't have much more...

I know there was nothing mentioned, it was only imlied that she lives alone with her father (and has already when she first met Kaito)
haha, no, the :ninja: is the code for a ninja-smiley ind another forum and in deviantart. It is simply standing for mystery and in my case sometimes a speculatinon that is possible but could also be totally wrong.
But I love the run-away-to-be-ninja-idea *lol*
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Of course, if you're with the theory that Kaito's mom is the Phantom Lady, we do know her face XD She's never been mentioned outside of those chapters, but if Kaito and the plot ever get anywhere near each other it might come up.

BROOM NINJA!
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

i take it for granted that Kuroba-san ist the shadow lady. I meant the rest of her costume and her backstory.

that wuld actually be a cute story: she thought her daughter how to defend herself with blunt weapons but she felt her destony calling her and became a ninja. now she is protecting pandora and is a shrine maiden as a cover.

btw, the way Kaito jumps around, spies out, hides, uses for bombs and so on are actually also ninja skills. maybe he came from an old family of ninjas?
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

I fully believe that he is related to both Kajisuke (the ancient thief mentioned in the Tiger Scroll case) and Samizu Kichiemon. The former should be obvious just reading the note he left, and something about the latter's style strikes me as a bit Kaitou-ish. Look at all the tricks he made! And his mental sense of humour! XDXD
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Sadly, I don't know jack about any of them  :-[
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Kajisuke, according to a character at the end of a case, dived into the Kinmeisui well to steal tons of gold that had been dropped down it. He also stole Nobunaga's 1000 urns of gold, leaving behind a note that said "I gratefully accept the 1000 objects listed on the Tiger Scroll. Signed, Kajisuke". He's said to be a legendary theif.

Kichiemon's creations have been in half a dozen Kid cases; that mansion that flooded when the jewel was removed from underwater? Jirokichi's safe? The room that the Kirin's horn was kept in? All Kichiemon. His sense of humour reminds me of Kaito because on the safe there's an axe trap, and after the axe drops (theoretically on the theif's head), a little doll pops out to laugh.
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

*remembers them*
they also make their hints very Kid-ish

It would explain a lot, for example how he gets allt the riddles. If they were from his greate-greate-greate-something-grandfather...

but who is Aok related with *thinks*
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
queenmisanagi
hatate--journalist, yandere, certified cutie

Post by queenmisanagi »

mangaluva wrote: Kajisuke, according to a character at the end of a case, dived into the Kinmeisui well to steal tons of gold that had been dropped down it. He also stole Nobunaga's 1000 urns of gold, leaving behind a note that said "I gratefully accept the 1000 objects listed on the Tiger Scroll. Signed, Kajisuke". He's said to be a legendary theif.

Kichiemon's creations have been in half a dozen Kid cases; that mansion that flooded when the jewel was removed from underwater? Jirokichi's safe? The room that the Kirin's horn was kept in? All Kichiemon. His sense of humour reminds me of Kaito because on the safe there's an axe trap, and after the axe drops (theoretically on the theif's head), a little doll pops out to laugh.
You make a very good point there. However, let's not forget that Toichi was just forced to be KID and he's not really from a family of thieves or something of that sort. Actually, we can't tell for sure because the Kuroba family background hasn't been brought to light.

As for the Phantom Lady being KID's mother, what Kaito said in the end may just be metaphoric? When I first read the file, that's what I understood. Like, not really his biological mother but mother in the sense that she was a predecessor of thieves. I dunno...

OR WHAT IF PHANTOM LADY IS AOKO'S MOTHER?!?
KID and Shinichi sitting on a tree... S-O-L-V-I-N-G ... crimes...

fuckyeahkaishin.tumblr.com
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

queen misanagi wrote:
mangaluva wrote: Kajisuke, according to a character at the end of a case, dived into the Kinmeisui well to steal tons of gold that had been dropped down it. He also stole Nobunaga's 1000 urns of gold, leaving behind a note that said "I gratefully accept the 1000 objects listed on the Tiger Scroll. Signed, Kajisuke". He's said to be a legendary theif.

You make a very good point there. However, let's not forget that Toichi was just forced to be KID and he's not really from a family of thieves or something of that sort. Actually, we can't tell for sure because the Kuroba family background hasn't been brought to light.

As for the Phantom Lady being KID's mother, what Kaito said in the end may just be metaphoric? When I first read the file, that's what I understood. Like, not really his biological mother but mother in the sense that she was a predecessor of thieves. I dunno...

OR WHAT IF PHANTOM LADY IS AOKO'S MOTHER?!?
We don't know if Toichi was forced to. Or what forced him.
I got the impression that he was stealing and the bad guys saw him as a danger and that is how Toichi found out about them. But you could be right.

hm, actually he only said that his mother liked that.... whoever that stuff once belonged to. It was only asumed because he had that stuff.

THAT HAS TO BE IT!!!! :o
She stopped 20 Years ago, right? maybe that is when she met Nakamori and fell in love with him! And she knew she couldn't lie to him and asked her close friend Toichi to be the theive from now on!

....but why did she want to become a ninja then?!  ::)
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
queenmisanagi

Post by queenmisanagi »

Simply because ninjas are awesome? :p

Borealis

Post by Borealis »

NO, she still had to find Pandora! And fight the bad guys! Perhaps by infiltrating?!
Maybe... Maybe she is Vermouth?! And she saved Ran because she reminded her of Aoko!!!
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
queenmisanagi

Post by queenmisanagi »

Borealis wrote: NO, she still had to find Pandora! And fight the bad guys! Perhaps by infiltrating?!
Maybe... Maybe she is Vermouth?! And she saved Ran because she reminded her of Aoko!!!
You know I have this crazy theory that Vermouth may have Pandora. Or she's a candidate for Phantom Lady, too. Or be Aoko's mom.

Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Wait, doesn't hat mean that Anokata is Toichi? He only faked his death and wants Kaito to find Pandora. That is also the reason Snake apears to be so stupid!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!!!11111!!!!1!
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
queenmisanagi

Post by queenmisanagi »

Borealis wrote: Wait, doesn't hat mean that Anokata is Toichi? He only faked his death and wants Kaito to find Pandora. That is also the reason Snake apears to be so stupid!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!!!11111!!!!1!
LOLOLOL. Case closed!

Or he's barely alive a la Voldemort! That's why the BO is researching something about going against the flow of time and raising the dead, etc etc!

(I'm letting my imagination run free on the sprawling prairie nao)