Who's the smartest?

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.

Who's the smartest among these Detective Conan list of characters?

Shin'ichi Kudou/Conan Edogawa
61
34%
Kaitou Kid
24
13%
Heiji Hattori
3
2%
Shuuichi Akai
7
4%
Okiya Subaru
1
1%
Ai Haibara
13
7%
Sharon Vineyard
0
No votes
Yuusaku Kudou
44
25%
Gin
6
3%
Mitsuhiko, Genta, Ayumi
1
1%
Kogoro Mouri
4
2%
Hiroshi Agasa
0
No votes
Sato Miwako
1
1%
Eisuke Hondou
2
1%
Hakuba Saguru
2
1%
Myself
9
5%
Others
1
1%
 
Total votes: 179
KangarooGirl
Community Older Sister
User avatar

Huggles are the best <3

Posts: 307

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby KangarooGirl » December 12th, 2010, 5:26 am

mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:khaled_khunaifer wrote in normal sized text! D:


Yay! \o/ (The big stuff was hurting my eyes >_>)

Agreed.

I voted for Akai ages and ages ago. But now I'm wondering if he really is smarter than Shinichi or just more experienced (same with Yusaku). And Kaito's probably just as smart if not smarter than Shinichi since he hasn't been caught yet. Though it could be because Shinichi's stuck as Conan so he can't give chase properly or because he's not trying all that hard.
Parkur wrote:Hopelessidiot, Mafia Therapist
Night action: Council
Day Action: PGT
Interrogation: Young
Items: Forged Therapist Degree, Picture of Lucy from Charlie Brown, Picture of Yurikochan
Observe: Hopeless *shakes head*


[17:56:37] * xpon is a honest liar


Add my FC: 3454-1638-0292
CaseClosed101

*Iz avatarless*

Posts: 239

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby CaseClosed101 » December 12th, 2010, 9:17 pm

hopelessidiot wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:khaled_khunaifer wrote in normal sized text! D:


Yay! \o/ (The big stuff was hurting my eyes >_>)

Agreed.

I voted for Akai ages and ages ago. But now I'm wondering if he really is smarter than Shinichi or just more experienced (same with Yusaku). And Kaito's probably just as smart if not smarter than Shinichi since he hasn't been caught yet. Though it could be because Shinichi's stuck as Conan so he can't give chase properly or because he's not trying all that hard.


Now I'm just confused.

XD

*Reads again and deciphers long thread of words and names*

Okay. So you're saying that Kaito is the smartest. :P

You left Ai out in your argument, by the way.
Given an infinite universe and infinite time, all things will happen. That means that every event is inevitable, including those that are impossible.

pofa wrote:Number of pofa heart attacks this round: 3+ -.-

The real moral of the story: Don't ever tell Xcomm it would be funny if he did something. (What would that have been, like, pulling a perpetual pofa? D:)


Jd- wrote:This goes without saying, but now you guys really have to win.

I demand it!

khaled_khunaifer
Posts: 12

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby khaled_khunaifer » December 14th, 2010, 4:32 pm

CaseClosed101 wrote:
hopelessidiot wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:khaled_khunaifer wrote in normal sized text! D:


Yay! \o/ (The big stuff was hurting my eyes >_>)

Agreed.

I voted for Akai ages and ages ago. But now I'm wondering if he really is smarter than Shinichi or just more experienced (same with Yusaku). And Kaito's probably just as smart if not smarter than Shinichi since he hasn't been caught yet. Though it could be because Shinichi's stuck as Conan so he can't give chase properly or because he's not trying all that hard.


Now I'm just confused.

XD

*Reads again and deciphers long thread of words and names*

Okay. So you're saying that Kaito is the smartest. :P

You left Ai out in your argument, by the way.


actually, it depends on your definition of smartness,

- shinichi is good at detection and deduction
- kaito kid is good making a full-of-mystery magic tricks
- Akai is a marksman sharp shooter
- ...
Dus
Community Drunken Raccoon
User avatar

45% Kogoro, 54% Raccoon, 100% Beerslayer

Posts: 1612

Contact:

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby Dus » December 15th, 2010, 4:36 am

- Akai is a marksman sharp shooter
Under what definition would that be smartness? ::)

Shinichi, Yusaku, Okiya/Akai, Hakuba, Heiji, Sato, and Kogoro are all more or less smart in the detection sense of the word, with Yusaku probably being the smartest one of the lot.

Ai is witty, cunning, and intelligent, but not necessarily in the detective kind of way.

Kaito is 'smart' in a creative kind of way. More like clever imho.

Ceterum censeo optio 'Eve' esse addendum.
We don't make mistakes. We have happy accidents.
Image
Remember: A thin paint will stick to a thick paint.
mangaluva
User avatar

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Posts: 5260

Contact:

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby mangaluva » December 15th, 2010, 8:37 am

I'll agree that experience can match up to intelligence, depending on the scenario. The smartest is probably the one that has both; I'd peg Yuusaku and Toichi as the winners there, just in different areas. Maybe Akai too.
KangarooGirl
Community Older Sister
User avatar

Huggles are the best <3

Posts: 307

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby KangarooGirl » December 17th, 2010, 7:45 am

CaseClosed101 wrote:
hopelessidiot wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:khaled_khunaifer wrote in normal sized text! D:


Yay! \o/ (The big stuff was hurting my eyes >_>)

Agreed.

I voted for Akai ages and ages ago. But now I'm wondering if he really is smarter than Shinichi or just more experienced (same with Yusaku). And Kaito's probably just as smart if not smarter than Shinichi since he hasn't been caught yet. Though it could be because Shinichi's stuck as Conan so he can't give chase properly or because he's not trying all that hard.


Now I'm just confused.

XD

*Reads again and deciphers long thread of words and names*

Okay. So you're saying that Kaito is the smartest. :P

You left Ai out in your argument, by the way.

Sorry for the confusion. I think Kaito might be marginally smarter than the rest if you don't count experience. But if you do, Yuusaku and Toichi would win, with Akai just behind.

I think Ai is smart but her expertise seems to mostly be restricted to things related to her field, namely physiology, biochemistry, poisons, etc. So I don't consider her as smart as Yuusaku, Akai and Shinichi, who are knowledgeable in several fields (especially Yuusaku and Shinichi) in addition to being able to deduce, which would require superb observation skills in addition to being able to logically process information to come up with a conclusion. Toichi and Kaito are able to do that to some extent as well and can think of ways to get out of tight spots very quickly so I consider them in the same league as the detectives.
Parkur wrote:Hopelessidiot, Mafia Therapist
Night action: Council
Day Action: PGT
Interrogation: Young
Items: Forged Therapist Degree, Picture of Lucy from Charlie Brown, Picture of Yurikochan
Observe: Hopeless *shakes head*


[17:56:37] * xpon is a honest liar


Add my FC: 3454-1638-0292
khaled_khunaifer
Posts: 12

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby khaled_khunaifer » December 17th, 2010, 8:00 am

hopelessidiot wrote:
CaseClosed101 wrote:
hopelessidiot wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:khaled_khunaifer wrote in normal sized text! D:


Yay! \o/ (The big stuff was hurting my eyes >_>)

Agreed.

I voted for Akai ages and ages ago. But now I'm wondering if he really is smarter than Shinichi or just more experienced (same with Yusaku). And Kaito's probably just as smart if not smarter than Shinichi since he hasn't been caught yet. Though it could be because Shinichi's stuck as Conan so he can't give chase properly or because he's not trying all that hard.


Now I'm just confused.

XD

*Reads again and deciphers long thread of words and names*

Okay. So you're saying that Kaito is the smartest. :P

You left Ai out in your argument, by the way.

Sorry for the confusion. I think Kaito might be marginally smarter than the rest if you don't count experience. But if you do, Yuusaku and Toichi would win, with Akai just behind.

I think Ai is smart but her expertise seems to mostly be restricted to things related to her field, namely physiology, biochemistry, poisons, etc. So I don't consider her as smart as Yuusaku, Akai and Shinichi, who are knowledgeable in several fields (especially Yuusaku and Shinichi) in addition to being able to deduce, which would require superb observation skills in addition to being able to logically process information to come up with a conclusion. Toichi and Kaito are able to do that to some extent as well and can think of ways to get out of tight spots very quickly so I consider them in the same league as the detectives.


you see, kaito kid is not the smartest, see he is good according to the trick he design,
but when he fells into a problem .. a crack made into his perfect-seeming plan by the detective
kudo shinchi, he shrugs and knows not how to walk out of the misery ...
but his luck helps him managing it out !
KangarooGirl
Community Older Sister
User avatar

Huggles are the best <3

Posts: 307

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby KangarooGirl » December 17th, 2010, 9:05 am

Not true. It's not always luck. At the clocktower heist, he imitated a police officer's voice to report that KID had removed his disguise in order to trick everyone, including Shinichi. Also, when Shinichi started shooting at him at the clock face, he improvised and shot the other cord himself so he could fall down with the screen and out of sight. I'm sure there are other examples in the other KID episodes but I don't have my DC collection with me here so I can't check.
Parkur wrote:Hopelessidiot, Mafia Therapist
Night action: Council
Day Action: PGT
Interrogation: Young
Items: Forged Therapist Degree, Picture of Lucy from Charlie Brown, Picture of Yurikochan
Observe: Hopeless *shakes head*


[17:56:37] * xpon is a honest liar


Add my FC: 3454-1638-0292
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5180

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby Conia » December 17th, 2010, 11:38 am

hopelessidiot wrote:Not true. It's not always luck. At the clocktower heist, he imitated a police officer's voice to report that KID had removed his disguise in order to trick everyone, including Shinichi. Also, when Shinichi started shooting at him at the clock face, he improvised and shot the other cord himself so he could fall down with the screen and out of sight. I'm sure there are other examples in the other KID episodes but I don't have my DC collection with me here so I can't check.

The teleportation case comes to mind ;)
Image
itsashleylove
User avatar

Credits to ã‚‚ å­

Posts: 963

Contact:

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby itsashleylove » December 17th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Conia wrote:
hopelessidiot wrote:Not true. It's not always luck. At the clocktower heist, he imitated a police officer's voice to report that KID had removed his disguise in order to trick everyone, including Shinichi. Also, when Shinichi started shooting at him at the clock face, he improvised and shot the other cord himself so he could fall down with the screen and out of sight. I'm sure there are other examples in the other KID episodes but I don't have my DC collection with me here so I can't check.

The teleportation case comes to mind ;)


There's also "Phantom Thief Kid's Miracle Midair Walk" special ^^
Image
But you're amazing when you smile
When I see you smiling, I start to feel good ♥

Image
khaled_khunaifer
Posts: 12

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby khaled_khunaifer » December 18th, 2010, 10:54 am

hopelessidiot wrote:Not true. It's not always luck. At the clocktower heist, he imitated a police officer's voice to report that KID had removed his disguise in order to trick everyone, including Shinichi. Also, when Shinichi started shooting at him at the clock face, he improvised and shot the other cord himself so he could fall down with the screen and out of sight. I'm sure there are other examples in the other KID episodes but I don't have my DC collection with me here so I can't check.

itsashleylove wrote:
Conia wrote:
hopelessidiot wrote:Not true. It's not always luck. At the clocktower heist, he imitated a police officer's voice to report that KID had removed his disguise in order to trick everyone, including Shinichi. Also, when Shinichi started shooting at him at the clock face, he improvised and shot the other cord himself so he could fall down with the screen and out of sight. I'm sure there are other examples in the other KID episodes but I don't have my DC collection with me here so I can't check.

The teleportation case comes to mind ;)


There's also "Phantom Thief Kid's Miracle Midair Walk" special ^^

but all of what you mentioned was already planned, it was part of his pre-planned carefully tricks ...

to know what i mean how his luck helps him running from leaks in his tricks, remember how
conan interrupt his run-away plan, and his persistence in odds meet his luck.
Silver1412
User avatar

No, I'm not sarcastic. I'm sarCATic ~nya.

Posts: 421

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby Silver1412 » January 5th, 2011, 3:08 am

That's really hard... I think they are all super smart. (Unlike me :D )
~nya!"Oh, don't give me that! None of you are saints, some of you are just good at hiding your sins!" - Our grade school teacher ~nya... She REALLY believed in our innocence didn't she
[img width=500]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/047/b/7/cat_signature_by_korakina-d4px6vs.jpg[/img]
The resident DCTP mother kitty ~nya!

DCTP Cat Family
Join us, you know you want to ~nya!

Avatar the courtesy of brilliant Yuri Iwamoto ~nya.

[spoiler=Sad truth about Mass Effect]Image[/spoiler]
Dfjkiller
Posts: 10

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby Dfjkiller » January 31st, 2011, 10:59 am

Shuuichi Akai is who I think is the smartest of the DC/MK cast. He's one of the only characters to actually be able to infiltrate the B.O. Honestly, I don't think even Kid could do that.......but Kid is definitely on the top 5 of smartest characters of the DC/MK cast in my opinion maybe even smarter than Conan.....
I'm a Mitsuhiko fan.
dilbertschalter
User avatar
Posts: 1064

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby dilbertschalter » January 31st, 2011, 6:38 pm

Dfjkiller wrote:Shuuichi Akai is who I think is the smartest of the DC/MK cast. He's one of the only characters to actually be able to infiltrate the B.O. Honestly, I don't think even Kid could do that.......but Kid is definitely on the top 5 of smartest characters of the DC/MK cast in my opinion maybe even smarter than Conan.....


Conan pretty much always beats Kid, even if he doesn't manage to capture him, so I would say Conan is definitely smarter. As for Akai, infiltrating the BO is impressive, but there are a lot of other things you need to pull that off.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
Wakarimashita
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 3597

Re: Who's the smartest?

Postby Wakarimashita » January 31st, 2011, 7:05 pm

Yûsaku Kudô. Seems pretty obvious to me.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests