Kid/Conan Cases for Season 2

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.

Assuming we get a season 2 for Magic Kaito 1412, which DC cases would you like to see in it?

Conan vs. Kaitou Kid (ep. 76)
15%
Magic Lover's Murder Case (ep. 132-134)
10%
The Gathering of the Detectives (ep. 219)
14%
Big Adventure in the Eccentric Mansion (ep. 394-396)
12%
Kaitou Kid and the Four Masterpieces (ep. 469-470)
7%
Kaitou Kid vs. the Strongest Safe (ep. 537-538)
9%
Kirin's Horn Case (ep. 585-587)
7%
The Jet-Black Mystery Train (ep. 701-704)
8%
Kaitou Kid and the Blush Mermaid (ep. 724-725)
9%
Kaitou Kid VS Makoto Kyogoku (ep. 746-747)
8%

Total votes: 106
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Or at the very least, which would you be okay with to see?
There is no "none" option because if we get a second season, realistically they'd take the same approach, so we're likely to see more DC cases in the MK anime.
Not that I think all of these cases can actually work in the MK anime, but still put them in for the sake of it.

What I'd like to see:

Ep. 76 - sure. It can be told in the form of a flashback.

Ep. 219 would be nice, especially with Kid as Kogoro, so we can know what his inner thoughts are. Doesn't work as a heist, but I really like the case.

I'd also like to see the Eccentric Mansion, I think.

Only the first one I listed works as an actual Kid heist, but putting the other two can add a bit of variety I think.

--------

The last good Kid case was the Teleportation one (515) so everything after that doesn't interest me too much and/or I wouldn't like to see.

What I really hope would never be shown in the MK anime:

Kirin's Horn - didn't like this one.
The Jet-Black Mystery Train - not only do I hate that confrontation, it would just be a mess settings-wise.
Kaitou Kid and the Blush Mermaid - No, just no. Everyone was obnoxious in this one, especially Sera (more than she already is)
Kaitou Kid VS Makoto Kyogoku - NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Max1996

Re: Kid/Conan Cases for Season 2

Post by Max1996 »

Kor wrote: What I really hope would never be shown in the MK anime:

Kirin's Horn - didn't like this one.
The Jet-Black Mystery Train - not only do I hate that confrontation, it would just be a mess settings-wise.
Kaitou Kid and the Blush Mermaid - No, just no. Everyone was obnoxious in this one, especially Sera (more than she already is)
Kaitou Kid VS Makoto Kyogoku - NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Why? Why? Why? Why? It'd be interesting to see these episodes from Kid's POV (like all other MK1412 versions of DC episodes)
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Again, on my phone so I can't vote yet, but:
76- yes! This. They could of had it linked when they showed the clock tower and I was disappointed they didn't.

219- hmmm maybe. As much as I hate the animation in this one, it has Hakuba and he didn't get a good role this season. It'd be hilarious to see Kid disguise as Kogoro.

The other ones: uhhhhhhhh. No. I don't think they're as entertaining. Maybe the safe one since I actually liked it. (Doggy <3)

EDIT: forgot the Magic Lovers case. I'd like to see this one too. *_*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Jecka wrote: 219- hmmm maybe. As much as I hate the animation in this one, it has Hakuba and he didn't get a good role this season. It'd be hilarious to see Kid disguise as Kogoro.
Ah, right. Forgot to include the Hakuba factor in my reasoning.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

This anime is a disaster anyway.
Jecka

Post by Jecka »

MrDetective wrote:This anime is a disaster anyway.
C'mon, it wasn't that bad.
*Jecka sobs
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Jecka wrote:
MrDetective wrote:This anime is a disaster anyway.
C'mon, it wasn't that bad.

that's because we have been watching it frome the perspective of long-time DC fans

a newcomer who haven't seen DC or MK before might consider this anime as terrible :(
Jecka

Post by Jecka »

MrDetective wrote:a newcomer who haven't seen DC or MK before might consider this anime as terrible :(
I disagree. :P
*Jecka sobs
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

MrDetective wrote: that's because we have been watching it frome the perspective of long-time DC fans
If you admit you're watching it from a non-newcomer perspective, how exactly can you determine what a newcomer would think?
a newcomer who haven't seen DC or MK before might consider this anime as terrible
And under the same token, a different newcomer who hasn't seen DC or MK before might consider this anime to be good. (making statements about hypothetical people is easy)
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

there's an exception to everything
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

MrDetective wrote: there's an exception to everything
An exception to what? Why did you arbitrarily decide the rule is to "dislike the show"?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Kor wrote:
An exception to what? Why did you arbitrarily decide the rule is to "dislike the show"?
Well I was a bit negative towards it (though "dislike" would be a bit much), so everyone's just following me obviously. :p
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Kor wrote:
because as I said, the art, the pacing...everything is so badly done...

this anime wouldn't make sense for people. It didn't even introduce Conan for exemple, so non-DC MK watchers won't know who he is and why he's so smart
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

MrDetective wrote:
Kor wrote:
because as I said, the art, the pacing...everything is so badly done...

this anime wouldn't make sense for people. It didn't even introduce Conan for exemple, so non-DC MK watchers won't know who he is and why he's so smart
But once again, you're trying to determine what people (who are not you) going to think about a show, and that is a very faulty reasoning because you're just being hypothetical. You're inventing strawmen who "won't understand the show" in order to explain why people wouldn't (or don't) like the show.
Dislike the show as much as you want, but don't try to invent some sort of a general consensus of what viewers think regarding the show (unless of course you have some statistics that suggest the show was universally disliked). Basically, just because you dislike it doesn't mean most of the viewers dislike it too.

As far as the art goes, it's passable. The pacing, while could be better at some spots, remained fairly consistent throughout the whole thing. There's plenty of stuff to like in the show and it's pretty serviceable overall, even with some of its missteps. (It was certainly better overall than some of the Conan episodes we've had to endure during its run)