Are Kaitou and Aoko really in love with each other?

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Are Kaitou and Aoko really in love with each other?

Post by MrDetective »

I can hardly imagine them as a couple

I don't think we have seen any evidence that they are more then childhood friends

right?
Last edited by MrDetective on October 29th, 2014, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k11chi

Re: Are Kaitou and Aoko even in love with each other?

Post by k11chi »

Didn't Kaito have hard time not kissing Aoko after saving her in the Phantom Lady series, he thought of doing the same thing Touichi did.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

They love each other, though their love is really hard. In the recent episode (HAKUBA, WHAT THEY DID TO YOU?!!) Aoko wanted Kid to win, so she would be able to go to the concert with Kaito.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

k11chi wrote:Didn't Kaito have hard time not kissing Aoko after saving her in the Phantom Lady series, he thought of doing the same thing Touichi did.
Kaitou is quite lecherous, doesn't mean he has mean he has genuine feelings for her
Nemomon wrote:They love each other, though their love is really hard. In the recent episode (HAKUBA, WHAT THEY DID TO YOU?!!) Aoko wanted Kid to win, so she would be able to go to the concert with Kaito.
it's not relevant. She just wanted to spend time with her childhood friend
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Re: Are Kaitou and Aoko really in love with each other?

Post by kentasaiba »

Kaitou X Sonoko 4 ever!
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

They're just stubborn. Aoko likes Kaito, but is insucure and doesn't want to say it, but then Kaito comes along and ruins everything by joking around and he doesn't want to show his feelings (which could be why he acts the way he does)
Nemomon wrote:In the recent episode (HAKUBA, WHAT THEY DID TO YOU?!!)
*loud sobbing*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

MrDetective wrote: I don't think we have seen any evidence that they are more then childhood friends
It is a boy and girl who were childhood friends in a story written by Gosho Aoyama. Do you need more proof?
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Isn't he just like his manga self: a poncy, pompous prick?
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Are Kaito and Aoko really in love with each other?

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

MrDetective wrote:I can hardly imagine them as a couple

I don't think we have seen any evidence that they are more then childhood friends

right?
Sometimes it seems like Aoko might be slightly more attracted to Kaito, than Kaito is to her. Here is what I see from the Manga.

In the manga chapter 3 (has not been animated),
Spoiler:
Kaito is kidnapped and a robot is made which thinks like Kaito, it goes to the school in his place and says that it thinks he might love her. After Kaito defeats the robot and returns to class Aoko is red faced and the rest of the class is congratulating him for the "confession". Kaito is really confused
Manga chapter 4 (Kid special ep02),
Spoiler:
Nakamori sees Kaitou Kid's face and tells Aoko that he thinks that Kaitou is Kaito, and that it makes sense because they both do magic. Aoko tries to clear his name by taking him on a date to tropical land. In a haunted house room Aoko notices that other girls are grabbing on to the guys that are with them and she does the same to Kaito at a point in time well before any time that would interfere with Kaito's alibi for the heist. Later Kaitou Kid teases Nakamori by disguising as Aoko wearing the Kid costume.
Manga chapter 5 (has not been animated),
Spoiler:
Kaito and Aoko go on a scuba diving trip in Okinawa without their parents, Aoko is still teasing Kaito with fish
Manga chapter 6 (Kid special ep04 / anime ep05),
Spoiler:
Its Valentines day and Aoko has clearly made chocolate for Kaito, but after her friend begins teasing her she says she doesn't know. Then Kaito comes in carrying tons of chocolate from other girls with a huge smile on his face. After the events of Kid fighting Akako, Kaito ask for more chocolate because he didn't know what Valentines day was.
Manga chapter 7 (Kid special ep06),
Spoiler:
is the skiing trip story where Akako is interfering between Aoko and Kaito. However when Aoko gets into the hot springs with her friends she defends Kaito. Kaito overhears all of this. Later he shows up as Kaitou Kid and puts her in what looks like a wedding dress so they can ski down the mountain and win the competition.

Manga chapter 9 (has not been animated),
Spoiler:
Nakamori uses spy robots to find out Kaitou Kid's identity, Kaito gets ahold of them and uses them to spy on Aoko in the bath
Manga chapter 12 (Anime ep03),
Spoiler:
the manga version opens with Kaito trying to see Aoko's panties and she is wearing fish print panties to scare him, this was removed from the anime. Later in the chapter a drunk Aoko says that she likes Kaito.
This is just the way I see things going on
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
irishock

Post by irishock »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Isn't he just like his manga self: a poncy, pompous prick?
gotdamn Chek with no remorse
MeitanteiShinichi

Post by MeitanteiShinichi »

Probably...........maybe they are in love with each other........until Aoko finds out that Kaito is indeed Kaitou Kid
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

When/if she finds out I think she'd be unsure of what to think or do. Does she accept that he is KID and still want to be with him and protect him? Or does she turn him in to her father? Or maybe I've been reading too much manga. :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no