Discussion Thread: Magic Kaito Chapters 31-33

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Re: Discussion Thread: Magic Kaito Chapters 31-XX

Post by MrDetective »

Fujiwara wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
MrDetective wrote:where can I see the spoiler pics for MK? (not asking for a link, just a name)
You can generally find spoilers on the Spoiler Box. That includes MK spoilers. ^_^

But I don't see any :-[
Scroll down to the black box or, if in doubt, just ask in the top box. We don't bite. :P
Found it

bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

I mostly kind of feel like Kaito lost track of what he's really doing... maybe because it's been a while since an agent from the organization appeared (in the manga at least).
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

So...
Spoiler:
Is Corbeaux Toichi now or was it Chikage in disguise? I know it's a stupid question, but since I couldn't read any of the dialog in the new chapter...
no one
if it is impossible , "no one" can do it

Post by no one »

I like the idea of Toichi resurfacing if there will be any interaction with Yukiko or even Yusako. However as far as MK plot goes I don't see how his return is any good :-\

on a side note: I am really curious about the trick used this time. But I am completely clueless ???
"There should be no combination of events for which the wit of man cannot conceive an explanation".
Sherlock Holmes
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I like that Toichi is alive. Kaito was looking for the gems to find out who killed his father, but since his father is alive... he has no reasons to continue his job. Plus, since Toichi is alive, he now will carry on the game with Snake. I really hope that it was Chikage in disguise...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I like that Toichi is alive. Kaito was looking for the gems to find out who killed his father, but since his father is alive... he has no reasons to continue his job. Plus, since Toichi is alive, he now will carry on the game with Snake. I really hope that it was Chikage in disguise...
Spoiler:
maybe Toichi is just waiting for his son to dismantle the gang that tried to kill him and then pop up to say "hi son, it was all just a test to improve your abilities. How tall you've grown! Thanks for annihilating my ennemies and almost die several times while I was hiding!"
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Spoiler:
Joining in on the Chikage speculation. There are several scenarios that I've considered:
  • Chikage is Corbeaux.
  • Chikage is Corbeaux's helper, like Jii is for Kaito.
  • Chikage is Corbeaux's fan. She knew he'd be showing up in Japan, so came in order to "catch his show".
  • Corbeaux is Chikage's old friend. She followed him to Japan to catch up with him.
I've ordered them from most likely to least likely, in my perspective.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Shiromi wrote:
Spoiler:
Joining in on the Chikage speculation. There are several scenarios that I've considered:
  • Chikage is Corbeaux.
  • Chikage is Corbeaux's fan. She knew he'd be showing up in Japan, so came in order to "catch his show".
  • Corbeaux is Chikage's old friend. She followed him to Japan to catch up with him.
For me, I would switch the first two and probably keep the last two.

I also just really, really don't want Toichi to be alive :-X
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Jecka wrote:I also just really, really don't want Toichi to be alive :-X
Yeah, gotta agree with you there. It'd make Kuroba Touichi a massive asshole. It'd make the whole story pointless. It'd make the villains even more incompetent, thus destroying the tension of the story.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Shiromi wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Chikage is Corbeaux.
Spoiler:
And the winner is...
Chikage is Corbeau's helper, like Jii is for Kaito.
Shiromi wrote:
Jecka wrote:I also just really, really don't want Toichi to be alive :-X
Yeah, gotta agree with you there. It'd make Kuroba Touichi a massive asshole. It'd make the whole story pointless. It'd make the villains even more incompetent, thus destroying the tension of the story.
This. So much.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

If Toichi is alive, I imagine his justification for faking his death will be like a certain other character. He figured Kaito would be in danger if he kept fightin' the good fight in the open, so of course, he instead allows his son to inherit his extremely dangerous persona and take his place in the crosshairs. >:D
Puto

Post by Puto »

The only way I could see Tōichi being alive and NOT being a giant dick would be if he had amnesia. But that's probably way too cliché.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Yeah, in the 1412 anime, you can actually see a shadowy Kaito Kid in the background (1st episode), so I hope this isn't some nonsense that they actually made Gosho bring him back?

Well there's a chance that this will be dealt with at one point also because the anime is not going to run forever, so I'm not that worried about it yet.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

There's no doubt that Gosho was coordinating with them ahead of time to incorporate (at least elements from) these latest chapters/the chapter ideas into the series. I wouldn't be surprised if the chapters themselves ended up being adapted at the end of this run.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Jd- wrote:There's no doubt that Gosho was coordinating with them ahead of time to incorporate (at least elements from) these latest chapters/the chapter ideas into the series. I wouldn't be surprised if the chapters themselves ended up being adapted at the end of this run.
I just hope it doesn't become a train wreck :X
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no