dumytru's Karaoke Project

Forum reserved for any fan-fiction, fan-art, AMVs or the like that you feel the need to post.
dumytru

dumytru's Karaoke Project

Post by dumytru »

List of karaoke made by me:

Updates:
*changed from Dailymotion to VK because some videos were removed
*I'll order the karaokes by date of creation
Spoiler: Guilty Crown - Opening 2, "The Everlasting Guilty Ctown" by EGOIST - Aegisub (my very first karaoke)
Spoiler: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei - Opening, "Superscription of Data" by Eiko Shimamiya - After Effects
Spoiler: Hataraku Maou-sama! - Ending, "Gekka" by Nano Ripe - Aegisub
Spoiler: Detective Conan - Opening 37, "Butterfly Core" by VALSHE - After Effects
Last edited by dumytru on February 13th, 2014, 1:41 pm, edited 21 times in total.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: dumytru's Karaokes

Post by Jd- »

Use Dailymotion and set it to private, then embed the video (DM's version of "private" is like YouTube's "unlisted"). There's not nearly as much content-ID blocking over there, so it's ideal for projects like this.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Jd- wrote:Use Dailymotion and set it to private, then embed the video (DM's version of "private" is like YouTube's "unlisted"). There's not nearly as much content-ID blocking over there, so it's ideal for projects like this.
Thanks!
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

It's a really nice karaoke (one I would use in a DCTP release, which is the most praise I can personally give), and Dailymotion preserved the quality quite well. I've been really impressed with them lately.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Jd- wrote:It's a really nice karaoke (one I would use in a DCTP release, which is the most praise I can personally give)
It is, indeed! :D
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Cool :O
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

As a curiosity: What method are you using for these nowadays? I remember back in the day you had to go in and individually do a couple of layers per syllable and such. I think it was the method made by Crashkun, though I think Pika made a new method after that? It's been so long and I never put much time into learning it, but I do remember it being absurdly tedious back then. I just hope it's not the same these days.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Jd- wrote:As a curiosity: What method are you using for these nowadays? I remember back in the day you had to go in and individually do a couple of layers per syllable and such. I think it was the method made by Crashkun, though I think Pika made a new method after that? It's been so long and I never put much time into learning it, but I do remember it being absurdly tedious back then. I just hope it's not the same these days.
Now, I'm not sure what method you're talking about, but I am using After Effects.
I've coded my own script which let's you apply Animation Presets to K-Timing from Aegisub. It can do almost every Aesigub's retime mode, except for abs and sylpct.
So all the timing I do is in Aegisub (as it's very fast).
I probably would have to to it as you say, individually for every syllable, otherwise.

Before I used to do it in Aegisub using templates, but I didn't liked I had no motion blur (among other things), so tried rendering a simple animation from Aegisub (white text, no shadow) to a lagarith video with alpha (one video per mode, "syl", "start2yl" etc.). I bought those videos to AE and then added some effects. That was really eating my CPU so I went for another solution.

This is the first karoake I did with the render-lagarith-video technique (about a year and a couple of months ago).

http://vk.com/video241357731_167126327
Last edited by dumytru on February 1st, 2014, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Don't worry, I'm familiar with After Effects (I've kind of spent the better part of my fansubbing life in it) and the methods that are used to create karaokes. There was no doubt the karaoke was done in AE, but what I was referring to is that the old methods for doing karaoke in After Effects were created as a means of bridging Aegisub timing with AE to save a large amount of manual labor. I was just hoping to hear all of the headaches that came from that had been resolved as it really was a chore to do AE karaokes back then. I've created some karaokes back in the Medusa and early Aegi era, but doing so never really grabbed me too much so I moved onto other endeavors.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Well, yeah. I don't have to to the timing in AE.
Jd- wrote:I was referring to is that the old methods for doing karaoke in After Effects were created as a means of bridging Aegisub timing with AE to save a large amount of manual labor.
So there are some old methods which let you bring Aegisub timing to AE?
Also, I'm not sure what method Pika and Crashkun created. It's the first time I hear of it.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Here we go, it's Pichu's: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46599 It dates back to 2007, so it must be long outdated by now, but yeah, people have been doing this a long time.

Crash's website appears to be down, but he's well-known on animesuki and other sites as knowledgeable with AE. I knew him briefly and he always seemed like a good bloke.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

It certainly looks harder to use compared to mine.

Right now I can't play with it so I'll ask you, where do you create the animation effect? In Aegisub or in After Effects?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

You make the effect in After Effects, of course. Aegisub is used only for timing, which you can then import into AE to save the time of timing it. As I said, though, this was like six years ago, so I'm sure things have changed a lot. Keep in mind that even back then Aegisub was considered new, while Medusa and even SubStation Alpha were still in heavy use.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

As I don't know yet how you work with Pichu's script, I won't say anything, but when I finish mine, I'll most likely make it public. Right now it isn't stable at all. And has a lots of features missing.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »