Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Pmofmalasia

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-86X

Post by Pmofmalasia »

mihai wrote:@Pmofmalasia:
I still think Shuukichi is the better option. Koumei and Kansuke's lives were presented too much to omit such a big thing about Koumei. Even the fact that the second brother is even smarter than Shuuichi, who is already pretty damn smart, is enough to point Shuukichi. But we have him not wanting to say what he's doing and where he is, slight resemblance to Akai, similar personality to Sera and even mentioned that he will appear again soon after his case. Not to mention he already took notice of how smart Conan is.
Most of these things apply to Komei, though, plus looking like Akai is almost a point against him, since Sera says that he doesn't look like her or her brother. Plus, as someone pointed out to me as well, Shuukichi is really only secretive about his whereabouts to Yumi, both Conan and Chiba's love interest girl (can't be bothered to look up her name) instantly recognize who he is.

As for omitting something about Komei, I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if Gosho omitted such a detail, considering how little he reveals about character's pasts at a time. Plus, you have to wonder why he would even be introduced anyway, and why Gosho found it necessary to include the Nagano officers in the EYE case, which, by the way, is conveniently referenced in Shuukichi's case since the maid is the same in both cases.
3DS FC: 4983-5030-7788. Add me, Pokemon trainers!
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Sera probably mean Okiya, this way Akai woulnd't look like his old self.
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

The second brother being in reality Akai/Okiya could explain some stuff in this case. It would explain why the brother so worried about who Sera was referring to when she mentioned a fellow investigator. He could have been worried that his sister was interacting with Bourbon, who was posing as a detective. When Conan is the one that's in the photo, he breathes a sigh of relief and knows that Conan will be able to handle the case, even if Sera isn't sure of her deductions.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

PhantomWriter wrote:The second brother being in reality Akai/Okiya could explain some stuff in this case. It would explain why the brother so worried about who Sera was referring to when she mentioned a fellow investigator. He could have been worried that his sister was interacting with Bourbon, who was posing as a detective. When Conan is the one that's in the photo, he breathes a sigh of relief and knows that Conan will be able to handle the case, even if Sera isn't sure of her deductions.
Its clear that Sera thought of Akai as the dead brother. Proved in the bell train arc
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
milk_hater

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Post by milk_hater »

The fourth panel of this page http://www.dctp.ws/V81-Reader/V81-10Read/A8.html caught my eye when Mouri asks Yamamura if he was alright. Maybe I'm just paranoid that everyone's in disguise, but it just sounded strange...
janggo0410

Post by janggo0410 »

milk_hater wrote:The fourth panel of this page http://www.dctp.ws/V81-Reader/V81-10Read/A8.html caught my eye when Mouri asks Yamamura if he was alright. Maybe I'm just paranoid that everyone's in disguise, but it just sounded strange...
maybe he was kaitou kid in disguise? :P
"WELL, AT LEAST I GOT THIS BACK"
Spoiler:
Cute little Sera
mihai

Post by mihai »

Makoto looked funny after Yamamura cuffed him :)
saorin
"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Post by saorin »

If we take the eyes as evidence (again...), then Shuukichi is... Eisuke's brother!! :o

So, jokes aside, the second phone seems to suggest Sera is not lying about there being a "second brother" - at least physically. This is not ruling out that she's using tricky wording and "younger" might mean this brother came into existence later than Akai did (which most of us seem to agree is the "older dead brother")- which Okiya, or the identity of Okiya, actually did.

As was correctly pointed out above though.... she wouldn't send Okiya a picture of Conan as she is aware of the connection between those two. This is ruling out Okiya and a play on words, in my view.

So... Shuukichi? Really? This whole "we are family" thing is getting kinda convoluted... Gundam name reference (pointed out by Chekhov), insane intelligence and maybe right-handedness, as well as his acquaintance with Conan are not bad hints though...
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")
HoHoKing

Post by HoHoKing »

I feel the arc is getting more and more interesting here and look like we wont be able to know who Sera brother until the next Black Organisation arc ?
Spoiler:
Actually considering the new chapter, i myself thought of some theory about Sera's brothers... My first theory is Tooru Amuro is the 2nd brother so Sera ( i guess i will not talk much about this)

However after considering and thinking, i was wondering why not Sera 2nd brother is Okiya? What i mean here is both Akai and Okiya is her brother (as she consider Akai is dead). As stated by forumer earlier, Okiya is sensitive when Haibara tried to take a look at his neck and the best reason i can think of is he is afraid that he will expose his ''mask'' ( as he is Akai). But why can he expose his neck to both Ran and Sonoko? And my guess is he is the real Okiya or rather Sera 2nd brother. (And in the same arc he realise who conan really is). And it will explain where Conan mum manage to get the ''face'' for Akai.

So both Okiya and Akai actually rotate the Okiya role.

It just some of my thought and maybe wrong do correct me on any part i missed out.
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

o... Shuukichi? Really? This whole "we are family" thing is getting kinda convoluted... Gundam name reference (pointed out by Chekhov), insane intelligence and maybe right-handedness, as well as his acquaintance with Conan are not bad hints though...
Insane intelligence. I wouldnt really say so. Ofc he could be as u stated. But in the chs he appeared it was hinted he was smart. But u cant really conclude that hes smarter than Akai
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ryuu

Re: FUJIWARA!

Post by Ryuu »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Handedness workup for Haneda Shuukichi - complete
Left handed moment - Right handed moment - Unavoidable or forced

Lots of times - Right arm crossed over left arm
847p1 - Right to hand Yumi envelope, left to grab her wrist
847p14 - Opens top lifting mail door with left in order to grab mail with right
847p15 - Shuts door with left, but his left was already on the door from opening it.
847p16 - Opens apartment door with right hand, right side hinges
848p9 - Touches face with right hand
849p4 - Touches face with right hand
849p16 - Right hand to raise fist, but Yumi holding left arm
For what it's worth, Shuukichi crossed his left arm over left once, when there was nobody but Yonehara in presence. She only saw his back, though.

>>file 847, page 14, last panel
Pmofmalasia

Post by Pmofmalasia »

Also, a line Fuji translated over at the spoiler cbox gives some very important information:
Spoiler:
Sera had no idea that her brother knew Conan ("If it's him there's no problem? Why does my brother know this kid?") so that rules out both Amuro and Okiya, since she knows that Conan knew them. Shuukichi and Komei are still in, though. Personally I think this might knock out a new character introduction, since the consensus is that if there is a new character, he'll be revealed during a flashback with Sera meeting Shinichi and Ran... in which case Sera should know that her brother knows Conan. However, I'm sure that could be worked around, too lazy to type out how :P
barno

Post by barno »

Pmofmalasia wrote:Also, a line Fuji translated over at the spoiler cbox gives some very important information:
Spoiler:
Sera had no idea that her brother knew Conan ("If it's him there's no problem? Why does my brother know this kid?") so that rules out both Amuro and Okiya, since she knows that Conan knew them. Shuukichi and Komei are still in, though. Personally I think this might knock out a new character introduction, since the consensus is that if there is a new character, he'll be revealed during a flashback with Sera meeting Shinichi and Ran... in which case Sera should know that her brother knows Conan. However, I'm sure that could be worked around, too lazy to type out how :P
There is also another important information on the same subject at the end of chapter 861:
Spoiler:
Sera's brother sends back another mail with "PS: So, you already met the magician."

Is there a character that has already referred Conan as a "magician" ?

Kid seems too obvious and yet far fetched.
Pmofmalasia

Post by Pmofmalasia »

barno wrote:There is also another important information on the same subject at the end of chapter 861:
Spoiler:
Sera's brother sends back another mail with "PS: So, you already met the magician."

Is there a character that has already referred Conan as a "magician" ?

Kid seems too obvious and yet far fetched.
Spoiler:
Considering that the end of chapter sidebar says that the next file will be Kid vs. Makoto, it's probably talking about Kid. My guess is that Sera's brother will be related to the Kid case somehow, if not directly then he'll be texting Sera about it or something. Although I do vaguely remember a character referring to Conan as a magician at some point, even then it might have been an AO or movie though.
barno

Post by barno »

Pmofmalasia wrote:
Spoiler:
Considering that the end of chapter sidebar says that the next file will be Kid vs. Makoto, it's probably talking about Kid. My guess is that Sera's brother will be related to the Kid case somehow, if not directly then he'll be texting Sera about it or something. Although I do vaguely remember a character referring to Conan as a magician at some point, even then it might have been an AO or movie though.
Spoiler:
I forgot to read the sidebar, but even after reading the sidebar, when Sera read the postscriptum (to the mail that most probably explain to her how her brother met Conan), she then look at Conan saying somehting like "indeed", she seems to agree to the fact that Conan may be called "magician".

Another explanation may be that yamamura is Kaito Kid, that would explain:
- the fact that he seems different than usual
- that he will face makoto the next issue
And so:
- Sera's secret brother is in fact refering to Kaito Kid and not Conan