Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
knight baron

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Post by knight baron »

Hello everyone. It is nice to be part of this forum. One of my early childhood dreams was to be able to solve the cases before Conan and it is cool to be in a place where people do that regularly ;D
Regarding the brother: From Sera's line "Why does my brother know this kid?" it appears she only told him that "Conan" was there and never mentioned Shinchi so I think the brother is not someone who met Shinchi and Ran in a flashback (even though Conan resembles young Shinchi very much but the idea of shrinking is very insane unless the brother is a B.O. scientist >:D ).
It also seems that Yumi knew where Shuukichi lives although they broke up (actually he is still living in the same place) so I don't think his sister who still contacts him regularly wouldn't know where he is and since Sera didn't know there was a connection between her brother and Conan there is no reason for her to lie. I really don't think Shuukichi is an option. I also don't think he is Koumei (I think it is easy to determine his whereabouts and I just don't want him to be the brother although I like him) So apparently the brother is someone we don't know who met Conan somewhere which is puzzling because I think we have seen every significant moment of "Conan's life" :-\
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

Pmofmalasia wrote:Also, a line Fuji translated over at the spoiler cbox gives some very important information:
Spoiler:
Sera had no idea that her brother knew Conan ("If it's him there's no problem? Why does my brother know this kid?") so that rules out both Amuro and Okiya, since she knows that Conan knew them. Shuukichi and Komei are still in, though. Personally I think this might knock out a new character introduction, since the consensus is that if there is a new character, he'll be revealed during a flashback with Sera meeting Shinichi and Ran... in which case Sera should know that her brother knows Conan. However, I'm sure that could be worked around, too lazy to type out how :P
I don't think so in fact this hints it more towards a new character. It goes like this, Sera and her bro met Shinchi and Ran, revealed in a flash back as u said, so now her brother knows SHINCHI, but somehow Sera knows Conan's true identity, so when she sends him a picture of CONAN she's surprised that he knows "this kid". My theory.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
M1313

Post by M1313 »

Uhm... here are my thoughts about the informations we got during this case... but that's it, just my thoughts, nothing definite, and there are no theories. Just some unrelated and -sometimes- even strange ideas.
Spoiler:
Gosho and the captions
Might he be lying?
The new brother is younger than Akai, so we can assume he is at least 20 (oldest than Sera), but he can't be 27 or more: Akai should be 27 if we assume that Okiya's age here (File 623) is reliable; and it's almost certain that Okiya is Akai after the Mystery Train series. Still, Gosho sometimes lied in his captions: during the Detective Koushien case, Koshimizu Natsuki's caption states she is 18 (File 563), while it will be later revealed she is indeed older. If Akai is disgiusing as a student, then it's no surprise his caption would say he is 27, a natural age for someone who wants to get a degree in engineering. Still, if he is really Akai he might be older as Natsuki was. This means that people like Shuukichi Haneda, who is 28 if I'm not mistaken, shouldn't be ruled out because if Akai were 30 or so he would really be younger than him. Then, the maximum age of the second-oldest brother increases up to 28-32 or something like this.

Blushing is the way
Sera's second-oldest brother and his behaviour
Looks like he is a white-skinned, right-handed guy. There are a lot of characters who matches with this description, but at the very least we can rule out Amuro (not white-skinned) and Okiya/Akai (not right-handed). Still... did anyone notice how Sera blushes when her brother asks her who she's talking about and when she takes a photo of Conan to send it to him? It would seem her second-oldest brother is an overly protective guy who is jealous of his own sister and Sera blushes thinking her brother's angry text ("Who is "he"? I'd like an explanation!") may be a result of him thinking she's dating someone who's skilled at deductions. If that's true, I should think of a person who could likely act like this...

The magic of... being siblings?
Sera and the Kuroba Family
Then, the P.S.: Sera was probably looking for some "wizard" and had told her brother so: thus he asks her if she found this wizard, and she mentally answers "yes"... since she's now realizing the wizard she'd been looking for was Conan? There are a lot of hints pointing towards magic, tricks, wizards... Kaito Kid involved? Well... I don't really know. But seeing how the next case is about the white magician, seeing how Kaito Kid recently was involved in BO plot, seeing how Sera herself already met Kid... I wouldn't rule this out yet. After all, doesn't the Phantom Lady resemble Sera? The way her hair falls by the side of her cheeks (MK V5-2) really reminds me of Sera's hair. It's just that Sera's hair is black, but the black color is expressed through a dominant genes and thus she might have taken the black hair from her father. This doesn't mean she is Kaito's sister or whatsoever, after all Kaito Kid doesn't even know she was a female... I was just sharing my thoughts. Plus... I think the Phantom Lady's breasts are kind of well-developed; and Sera said her mother's breasts are huge (File 771), and it is implied that Ran knows Sera's mother... and that's it, I wouldn't find it strange if she and the Phantom Lady did meet each other somewhere in the past.
As I stated before, just some random thoughts... some of them not even to be taken for serious; or not too much, at least :D
mihai

Post by mihai »

one thing I would like to add first if anyone hasn't noticed is that Sera's brother says something else too in the last message before he "have you met the wizard yet?", I wonder what that is.

@M1313:
nobody ruled out Shuukichi, he's kind of the main 'suspect' for being Sera's second-older brother in my opinion. Koumei for example who was another option and being very smart, had his past presented too much to omit something like having a family like that and a big brother in FBI. Also I think Akai is not older than 35(Koumei's age). Most likely Akai is close to Amuro's age(29), my guess.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

@M1313:
You can rule out KID too, because KID disguised as Sera once and he didn't know she was female (and got kicked for that :3) If he's her brother, he would know that.
I also wouldn't rule out Amuro completely based on the skin color. Because Amuro is disguised a lot in the recent cases. So he could wear a disguise at the time of the message. (but Amuro's cell phone wasn't black I think)
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Feather

Post by Feather »

There is definitley something fishy about Makoto.
I dont buy for a second, that he ran off all of a sudden to look for the culprit. There has to be more to it - and to him, especially considering that hes also playing a role in the next file.
I've got no idea what it could be though and I somehow doubt that hes working with the BO or anything along those lines.
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

Feather wrote:There is definitley something fishy about Makoto.
I dont buy for a second, that he ran off all of a sudden to look for the culprit. There has to be more to it - and to him, especially considering that hes also playing a role in the next file.
I've got no idea what it could be though and I somehow doubt that hes working with the BO or anything along those lines.
Ur over-thinking it.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ShinRan4ver

Post by ShinRan4ver »

I need my "Have you met the Wizard?" Conan Poster right now!!!!

While Wizard->Magician->Kid seems to make sense, I wonder what the original Japanese word is: Because the world for Wizard & Magician is different in japanese. If the japanese word is 魔法使い(this is the word used to describe Akako), then it is most likely is talking about Conan instead of Kid(whose trade would be described as 魔術師).
Feather

Post by Feather »

Akai Shuuichi wrote:
Ur over-thinking it.
Well maybe, I guess we'll see. But didnt you think the explanation he gave for running off was weird - not to say ludicrous?
Oh well, maybe I'm really overthinking this.
ShinRan4ver

Post by ShinRan4ver »

Feather wrote:
Akai Shuuichi wrote:
Ur over-thinking it.
Well maybe, I guess we'll see. But didnt you think the explanation he gave for running off was weird - not to say ludicrous?
Oh well, maybe I'm really overthinking this.
Not the first time Makoto did something ludicrous(like stalking sonoko during the Valentine's Day case & waiting for Sonoko in a tent during the Red Handkerchief case) , he is very impulsive and don't think much.
User 4869

Post by User 4869 »

Not the first time Makoto did something ludicrous(like stalking sonoko during the Valentine's Day case & waiting for Sonoko in a tent during the Red Handkerchief case) , he is very impulsive and don't think much.
My thought exactly. If you forget why he stalks Sonoko. Sonoko say she going to meet her boyfriend (or something along the line). Makoto go there not because he realize he's the boyfriend, but to see the guy Sonoko love. Oh! the best part? Once Sonoko tell him he's the boyfriend by pointing at him. He look back to see if someone is behind.
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

User 4869 wrote:
My thought exactly. If you forget why he stalks Sonoko. Sonoko say she going to meet her boyfriend (or something along the line). Makoto go there not because he realize he's the boyfriend, but to see the guy Sonoko love. Oh! the best part? Once Sonoko tell him he's the boyfriend by pointing at him. He look back to see if someone is behind.
Yeah! I remember cracking at that point, so if we take all the actions we've seen from him, he's not particularly the smart guy and I can see him just running off to catch the culprit, makes me wonder if he really can beat Kid!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ShinRan4ver

Post by ShinRan4ver »

User 4869 wrote:
Conan is probably going to help him like he helped Takagi last time we had a Love-bet in Detective Conan(Episode 253-254, Metropolice Love Story 4).
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Regarding the middle brother's PS "Have you met the Wizard yet?" and Sera's response "you could say so"...

I think the brother was asking about Shinichi. Sera's response, "you could say so", makes sense in that she didn't actually meet Shinichi, but she met Conan, so she sort of met Shinichi. Sera apparently knows Conan's real identity already, so this holds together. It seems the event where Shinichi earned the nickname of Wizard was at the beach meeting from the past. Ran specifically mentions "sounds of rippling waves, as if some sort of magic were at work." in Volume 80, File 7 (846), pg 4. I want to put out there for stab-in-the-dark potential that bioluminescent phytoplankton that glow when the water is disturbed would qualify as magical.

It implies the middle brother might have also been present at the ocean meeting with Sera, Shinichi, and Ran since he asked about "The Wizard" in the text message. If so, he too could recognize Conan as Shinichi from back then. This would tie in really well with the Shuukichi is the middle brother theory since he is an expert at memorization and could recall Conan's face, which meshes with his immediate treatment of Conan as a skilled detective with no prompting or testing.

PS: My guess is that the main body of the message that Sera received was a response to her question of how the brother knows Conan. Sera is of course surprised that anyone would have met Conan since she knows he is Shinichi and thus "shouldn't exist". She would ask this right away. The answer was something mundane like "I met him during a case" and not, "oh I recognize Conan is Shinichi" or the brother would not have followed up with the PS.
Akai Shuuichi

Post by Akai Shuuichi »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:Regarding the middle brother's PS "Have you met the Wizard yet?" and Sera's response "you could say so"...

I think the brother was asking about Shinichi. Sera's response, "you could say so", makes sense in that she didn't actually meet Shinichi, but she met Conan, so she sort of met Shinichi. Sera apparently knows Conan's real identity already, so this holds together. It seems the event where Shinichi earned the nickname of Wizard was at the beach meeting from the past. Ran specifically mentions "sounds of rippling waves, as if some sort of magic were at work." in Volume 80, File 7 (846), pg 4. I want to put out there for stab-in-the-dark potential that bioluminescent phytoplankton that glow when the water is disturbed would qualify as magical.

It implies the middle brother might have also been present at the ocean meeting with Sera, Shinichi, and Ran since he asked about "The Wizard" in the text message. If so, he too could recognize Conan as Shinichi from back then. This would tie in really well with the Shuukichi is the middle brother theory since he is an expert at memorization and could recall Conan's face, which meshes with his immediate treatment of Conan as a skilled detective with no prompting or testing.

PS: My guess is that the main body of the message that Sera received was a response to her question of how the brother knows Conan. Sera is of course surprised that anyone would have met Conan since she knows he is Shinichi and thus "shouldn't exist". She would ask this right away. The answer was something mundane like "I met him during a case" and not, "oh I recognize Conan is Shinichi" or the brother would not have followed up with the PS.
If the brother knows Conan identity, don't u find this PS as an indirect question to Sera as "Do u know he's the wizard?". Because think about it, if he knew Shinchi shrunk, he wouldn't ask her sister if she met him since the answer would logically be no, but maybe the brother wanted to see if Sera also had the same thoughts as himself so he asks her about it, maybe to assure his thoughts as well.
Edit. That's if we consider shinichi is indeed the wizard.
Last edited by Akai Shuuichi on June 25th, 2013, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: