Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Conan 48:69

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-861

Post by Conan 48:69 »

Spoiler:
Sera meets Makoto for a first time, and Sera had two elder brothers, one is dead and other is alive.

Sera's Jeet Kune Do is learned from one of her brother, another one is intelligent and is the one Sera called in the last series. Sometimes Sera discussed with her second brother about deduction on a phone but could be at a line of important work now so he won't tell Sera where he is. Last case, her second brother said her deduction is not trustworthy and claimed Conan can correct her mistake.

Sera could be knowing Conan's true identify already.
Last edited by Conan 48:69 on June 7th, 2013, 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome To DCTP Radio Show! From DJ Conan!
Pdid

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 859-86X

Post by Pdid »

Spoiler:
Some images are out (I hope this is the right place to put them) Image
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Spoiler:
So basically she has two brothers, and she learnt JKD from one of them. One of them is intelligent and this is the one she called last file. Apparently one's dead, one's alive.

Amuro being the second one is an idea, Sera's JKD could have been taught by him, he's proved he can do some good self defense. Because Amuro has been out of contact for a while, he could possibly considered the 'dead' brother. This could explain why she was so interested in meeting him and that he wondered why she was there.
If he was the one on the phone, 'seems to know Conan well'... maybe.

This arc is getting weirder every file :V
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
gostoneph17

Post by gostoneph17 »

Omg, stuff is getting pretty exciting! :)
ShinRan4ver

Post by ShinRan4ver »

Spoiler:
I think the other brother is a new character and not Amuro(too crazy for Akai & Amuro to be brothers, and Amuro knowing Conan=Shinichi through Sera would be disastrous). The "dead" brother probably is Akai.
CoolKid94
The Sera Admirer

Post by CoolKid94 »

Spoiler:
This is the type of case I tend to enjoy. Interesting tidbits of info, funny fights, and a main character being suspected due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Why is Makoto there, incidentally? It seems a bit odd for him to just show up randomly.
Knowing the truth and knowing what to do with the truth are two completely separate ideas. Learn to distinguish them. OR ELSE.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Here's a rough translation of the first few pages:
Spoiler:
p.2

Side note: Conan and Co. are bowling instead of playing tennis. And there …

Ran: Yes! Strike!

Sonoko: That's just like Ran!

Sera: Way to go!

Ran: Too bad about the tennis, but bowling's also fun, right?

p.3

Conan (thoughts): Well, there's also one guy who is drinking in desperation because he can't watch tennis girls in miniskirts ….

Ran: You give your best too, Conan-kun!

Conan: I will!

Sera: And?

Sera: Who is it? The person you wanted me to meet?

Sonoko: Ah, that's …

Sonoko: Someone who was waiting in the pouring rain at the tennis court for 4 hours!

Sonoko: That person is changing into dry clothes right now and will then come here …

Sera: Just tell me without holding anything back …

Sonoko: The person is coming here on a bike in this rain!

Sera: Hm?

p.4

Sera: What is it?

Sera: Do you want …

Sera: .. to fight me?!

p.5

(Thought bubble:) Jeet Kune Do …

Sera: Interesting!!

Sera: I'll knock you down!!

Ran: Ah, no Sera-san!!

p.6

Ran: It's that person! The one Sonoko wanted you to meet!!

Sera: Eh?

Sonoko: My boyfriend, Kyougoku Makoto!

Sonoko: This girl is my classmate, Sera Masumi-san!

Makoto: Yo-you're a girl …

Makoto: I thought you were some insolent guy who was getting overly friendly with Sonoko-san …

Sera: Don't worry about it! I'm always being mistaken for a guy!

Conan: Here's your glasses!

Makoto: I'm much obliged.

Ran: Really Sonoko! You should have stopped them earlier!

Sonoko: But I wanted to see those two fight!

Makoto: Jeet Kune Do … Who taught you that?

Sera: My older brother!

Sera: Well, my brother was 3 times stronger than me, though …

Conan: B-but, didn't you say your older brother was dead?

Sera: Yeah … that's what I heard …

Conan: B-but well, didn't you talk on the phone with your brother the other day?

Sera: Ah, did you hear that?

p.7

Sera: I have another one!

Sera: My smart second-oldest brother …

Sera: … resembles our father, as opposed to my dead brother and me, so he doesn't look like me …

Sera: But it seems that he's in the middle of an important job right now and won't even tell me where he is, but …

Sera: He sometimes advises me on a case on the phone!

Sera: During the case the other day he also told me that my deduction was unreliable, …

Sera: … but since you were there to come to the rescue if I was wrong …

Conan: Ah, not me, but Shinichi-niisan!

Conan (thoughts): Could it be that she …

Conan (thoughts): … knows I'm Kudou Shinichi …

Makoto: By the way, Sonoko-san …

Makoto: Did something go wrong when you washed that shirt?

Sonoko: Eh?

Sonoko: Go wrong?

Makoto: The collar is so wide, your underwear is visible.

Sonoko: It's called off-shoulder and it's done on purpose! I'm showing it off!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

This is a working theory, but... This newly-mentioned relative is pretty obvious, to me at least. All of the signs point in only one direction:
Spoiler:
ShinRan4ver

Post by ShinRan4ver »

Jd- wrote:This is a working theory, but... This newly-mentioned relative is pretty obvious, to me at least. All of the signs point in only one direction:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Korn looks to be too old to be Sera's Brother(if it were an uncle they it may happen but Sera specifically mentioned he have one dead brother(Akai) and another brother who is younger than Akai who trained her in JKD.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Jd- wrote:This is a working theory, but... This newly-mentioned relative is pretty obvious, to me at least. All of the signs point in only one direction:
Spoiler:
\o/ :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

Jd- izz trolling again
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

I appreciate the translation. I was holding back until concrete info appeared.
Despoiled for easier reading

I'm glad we are dealing with someone different looking. An identical twin or someone similar would have been a pain in the ass to deal with theory wise.

We know the brother is probably not Amuro because Sera presumably called her middle brother in chapter 800 at the same time Amuro was chatting with Vermouth.

Since Sera doesn't know where her brother is, I guess we can rule out a not-Akai-in-disguise Okiya being the middle brother, because she met him at Shinichi's place (although her reaction to Okiya was notable).

"Sera: During the case the other day he also told me that my deduction was unreliable, … but since you were there to come to the rescue if I was wrong …" It seems we are looking for someone familiar with Conan.

All the new semi-relevant male characters introduced in the Bourbon arc that are between 16 and 35 are: (35 chosen because we don't know Akai's age and 35 is probably a good guess for the upper limit)
Yamato Kansuke - Nagano officer (35)
Enomoto Sugihito - Poirot waitress Azuha's brother (28)
Morofushi Taka'aki (Koumei) - Nagano officer (35)
Ares Ashley - Minerva's tennis coach (30)
Amuro Tohru - Bourbon (29)
Onda Ryouhei - Kogoro imposter (21)
Haneda Shuukichi - Yumi's semi-ex-boyfriend (28)

I would axe Enomoto, Ares, and Onda for not being smart enough to give case advice. Amuro is out for phone call reasons. That leaves the two Nagano officers and Shuukichi. All three know Conan well enough and are smart enough to advise on cases. The two Nagano officers have had their pasts decently expounded upon, but I suppose that does not rule them out.

If we have to choose a known character, Shuukichi seems the most likely. He's identifies Conan's intelligence immediately. He is also busy collecting titles to the point where he secluded himself from Yumi, so he may not have told Sera what he has been up to as well. Akai could easily be lying about his age (27) as Okiya, but Shuukichi's 28 is something to think about.

Edit: reread Shuukichi's chapter:
• Shuukichi was noted by Yumi to be pale white, which Akai is.

Double edit: There is a plausible way for the second brother to be a new character. During the yet-to-be seen episode where Shinichi and Sera met somewhere with waves, Shinichi might have met the middle brother as well. If there was a case (likely because DC) and Shinichi did a good job as a kid, then the brother might have remembered Shinichi or kept up with his detective progress. If, when Sera calls the brother, she talks about Shinichi instead of Conan because she knows Conan's true identity, then the brother could say leave it up to Shinichi. It's not a great idea, but it's workable.

Triple Edit: We could always have two Okiyas, one who is Akai borrowing his bro's appearance, and the real Okiya who is helping Akai out.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on June 3rd, 2013, 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KnightusMaximus
DCTP Staff Member

Post by KnightusMaximus »

This file looks like a lot of fun :D.

Here's an edit of the spoiler translation: http://www.dctp.ws/Latest/Spoilers/V81-9Read/A1.html
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

@Chek:

Already said this in the Spoilerbox:
Spoiler:
The best way to find out if somebody is related to Akai, Sera and Co is to check out if the characters name is a Gundam reference.
Pmofmalasia

Post by Pmofmalasia »

Spoiler:
I think we can count Amuro out not only for phone call reasons, but also because if he and Akai were brothers, then Akai would have been found out instantly by the BO.
3DS FC: 4983-5030-7788. Add me, Pokemon trainers!