- Vermouth is a really important character, her link to the boss it´s truly a mistery because she is likely the one that shouldn´t have much related to him. She is a famous international actress, american and doesn´t seems to have a huge interest in crime, we could say she is like a Hitchcook-girl-spy, with a devil and a cute side, that trick us. Yes, we know, Vermouth is a hot and cool character, but over that she is very intelligent and quite early from her first apparition whe discovered in her intense feelings towards Ran and Shinichi, philosophical dilemmas and stuff. Gosho tries to show us that Vermouth is a really complex character, and paradoxical. He doesn´t take that time with Gin or other baddies, Vermouth is special.
- They never show the full portrait of Elena, always with glasses, only the mouth, some of the face...Even other mysterious characters like Papa Akai have been shown. Elena is a nuclear character and never has been shown, along with Atsushi (less mentioned)
- Before Mary´s apparition Elena and Vermouth are the two really known an important characters in the series that are occidental.
Futhermore, they first apparition (Elena just figured) is in the same case. The Haido hotel case (a brief note about Pisco. I think the BO was planning to get rid of him, not necessarily that night but Vermouth went to oversee him as she said in the EPISODE ONE case). We don´t know if the boss was in the party , and Vermouth couldn´t send an sms to the boss during the interrogation.
As it was said in the original theory, Vermouth always appeared after Haibara talked about her mother.
- Vermouth´s secret: Over the fact she doesn´t age, and she is linked more deeply to the boss, I think her secret is that she is Elena Miyano, and Bourbon knows that because he met her when he was little and in some way something from Vermouth must have reminded him, doing futrther research he could find out. Still, Vermouth and Bourbon have a nice relationship, they work really well together, and allthough Vermouth willed to kill him I think they are accomplices in some way inside the BO, each one with different objetives.
Actually, all the Sharon/Chris stuff maybe is just covering the fact she is Elena. The series never stated that Sharon Vineyard was the true name of Vermouth, and Vineyard is just a coded-alcohol alias after all.
- Why did Vermouth take classes with Toichi Kuroba¿? I think it was because she had the need to disguise herself from the moment that the Miyanos disappearead.
- She really hates Shiho, maybe because she is carryng on the drug proyect, the proyect that make her a monster that can´t age an probably turn out mad her own husband (likely the boss). I think Vermouth could have a mental illness because of the drug, disorder personality problems and all the secondary effects that a drug can harm. Haibara has a terrible fear towards BO members, but I remember she had a horrible one towards Vermouth. I think Haibara knows that Elena is Vermouth, and Elena died somehow, now it only remains her devil side.
- Vermouth , along the boss was probably the first person in triying the drug. I mean, Vermouth , being an important piece inside the BO would never be a simple guinea pigs, she has to be envolved so much in the project, because othervise she wouldn´t be that important for the boss and would taked the drug. Vermouth also is really smart and has a scientific mind.
- ¿What about the Miyano accident? Did Elena Miyano take the drug intenting suicide¿? Maybe Atsushi Miyano was so obsessed that he became mad with the project and Elena didn´t want to continue it, so she took the drug and didn´t die . Making herself an important piece for the boss, maybe Vermouth is Elena Miyano and she is just planning how to take down the BO through Conan intending she hates her own daughter.
She believes the only one that can take down the BO is Shinichi, not FBI or other NOCS, nothing...that´s why se doesn´t really care about Kir or Bourbon identities.
- I believe the Itakura software was a side-plan of Vermouth to destroy internally all the BO research.
- All this would mean that Mary and Vermouth and sister, makes sense because they resemble a bit, could be interesting in the future.
Dunno, so many questions but I think they can be the same person, like a fallen angel that plans to take down the BO
Spimer wrote:Yeah. But nevertheless the project was authorized by someone else as Itakura was given a payment in advance and Vodka was in charge of interacting with him.
Vermouth was surely the woman he mentioned on the diary, anyways.
As for what it's supposed to do... Maybe it's some kind of program that, if misued, can become a great threat. But makes you wonder why would Itakura start to work on something like that on his own if he was supposed to be a CG engineer.
But I think we're getting a bit off trail again.
Regarding the boss, I still think it's a secondary character who's appeared with a full name at some point but that doesn't mean they have a defined appearance: it could be a background character name mentioned at some point.
The email sent to Vermouth looked like something a man would write (from Japanese text analysis) but it could be a woman posing as a man. Yet a man gives off more the vibe of someone who'd be able to keep a man like Gin under control, in my opinion, and to the point Gin always calls him/her "that person". Vermouth is the only one who says "boss".
So she being the boss' wife/daugther sounds likely.
Absenta wrote:I can recall that before the Miyanos disapparead they visited Atsushi´s father to ask for something. What was that¿?
Who could be Atsuhi´s father¿? Maybe the boss¿? That would make Elena daughter in law and Haibara granddaugther.
But I don´t think Vermouth is linked to the boss being a mere daughter in law , or maybe yes, and they are trying to bring up to life Atsushi Miyano because both of them love him.
Spimer wrote:Hello, welcome to the forums!
Regarding the boss, Gosho said that it has "appeared with his/her full name" at SOME point in the manga.
Before that it was the "name" and it had to be before Vol 57.
But now we have the "full name" thing and it could be anywhere in the manga.
Many have tried to narrow it down but it could basically anyone at this point.
Many agree that Karasuma is fishy but in terms of personality feels too stupid and impatient to fit with the boss' description of "the type who'd take a stone bridge apart just to check it's solid".
Time will tell, we hope!
Locke201 wrote:In order to maybe get a hint who the boss of the BO might be ,I started reading the manga again.
While reading it appeared to me that the boss may be James Black. It was quite striking when he and Conan first met and Conan confronted him with the theory that he may be from London due to his accent. He replied that he was born in London, the city of Holme's but raised in Chicago, the City of Capone. Taking into account that Al Capone was one of the most "successful" criminals of the last century and the leader of his own Mafia family it came to my mind that Black referred to himself as first being the a decent man, as Holmes was when he lived in London. Always the one chasing justice.
But something must have happened to him. Maybe when he already has moved to the States to become the leader of the FBI what made him become the leader of the biggest criminal organization. Maybe it has something to do with Vermouth. Maybe it really has something to do with "raising", no like a child becoming an adult but like raising from the dead or raining in character traits due to his experiences. Maybe it was something that happened to his family which the Myanos might belong to or Vermouth or all of them.
There is a possibility that not criminal activities but the research conserving the drug was the original reason to found the organization and the only way for him to gain enough money to finance the research was the organized crime. Furthermore at the end of the aforementioned episode Conan wonders what James could mean. And it is not as Ai assumed James Bond that came to his mind but James Moriarty.
The one that is equal to Holmes someone that could be seen as his "cosmic antagonist". And Shinichi who could be seen as the Holmes of the whole story maybe has found his antagonist in James Black (I mean "Black"). And for him being British it is not unlikely that his real name may be Chekhov MacGuffin (the one that appeared in the Guestbook on the mermaid's island next to Shiho Miyano's)
I know there are a lot of "maybes" in this theory but I think there is a possibility for it to be true at least partly.
CoolKid3 wrote:Had there been any indication as to what alcoholic beverage anokata is representing? Not sure if this naming convention even matters.
Will it be Beer? Japanese Sake? Wine?
What badass liquor drink is left for the Boss?
Users browsing this forum: unenoubrep and 7 guests