Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
someone somewhere
Coffee is the key. Maybe some sweets too. And rain

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Post by someone somewhere »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Kor wrote: Or, you know, it was just another random BO member (they have some of those too).
Or Bourbon, before he was codenamed and in disguise. If he hates Akai from even back then, I could see him wanting in on Akai's final loyalty test to try to fail him. (Hat and jacket familiar?) It also neatly explains why Scar Akai goes after Camel, whose only clear connection with Akai was botching his mission.
And his success in uncovering Akai's identity (and thus saving the BO) could be one of the major reasons for his "promotion" to a codenamed member and gaining the boss's trust…? (is what was in my mind after reading the post)
- You scarily make a lot of sense again, Chekhov 0.o -  
My profile picture is from my deviantart account ;)
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

I'm personally interested in the theory that Anokata is James from the FBI.
I like a plot that someone on a good side was acrually a godfather.
believer08
Love is ZERO

Post by believer08 »

Mirror wrote: I'm personally interested in the theory that Anokata is James from the FBI.
I'm not sure if you know how epic is your theory. I'm not sure if it's possible, but... my god, this could be awesome.
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
kuro_shiro
always thinking

Post by kuro_shiro »

so here  theories are being spinned totally based on imagination with no proof in past dc or in near future of dc.
yet people  are still posting i can't say anything in this regard except if james was anokata then he would have killed akai shuuichi long ago.

and
in my persnal opinion boss is none other than gin who is also vermouth(sharon=chris)'s husband.he may have two phones like conan and uses those to disguise his role as anokata.that's why most decision are left to gin.
don't know where i read but somewhere it was said (possibly detectiveconanworld) that in conan drill it is hinted  that gin and vermouth had sexual relationship meaning the theory that gin is sharon's husband isn't farfetched.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Mirror wrote: I'm personally interested in the theory that Anokata is James from the FBI.
James is one of the few characters with an actual alibi. Near the end of FBI vs. the Organization, Gin received permission from the boss to change targets to Mouri Kogoro. At the time Gin's permission was received, James Black was driving a car with Conan and Jodie in it and thus would not be able to manipulate a cellphone while driving without Conan and Jodie noticing.
There are a bunch of other arguments against James being the boss on the not the boss list.
kuro_shiro wrote: in my persnal opinion boss is none other than gin who is also vermouth(sharon=chris)'s husband.he may have two phones like conan and uses those to disguise his role as anokata.that's why most decision are left to gin.
don't know where i read but somewhere it was said (possibly detectiveconanworld) that in conan drill it is hinted  that gin and vermouth had sexual relationship meaning the theory that gin is sharon's husband isn't farfetched.
It isn't hinted. It's stated outright that Vermouth and Gin have had a physical relationship.

If Gin was the boss, we need to make the assumption he is pretending to be his own agent. He has engaged in many rather open missions where he has been attacked. This is risky behavior then, contradicting what Vermouth said about the boss being very cautious.

Also, if the boss's favorite is Vermouth, we somehow need to rationalize that behavior with Gin not liking her for keeping secrets, threatening her with a gun, and trying to drive an icepick through her head. (for fun?) Two people can be physically involved without liking the other, but Vermouth is the boss's favorite. If was all about the sex, why would Sherry not be the boss's (Gin) favorite considering it was suggested they were involved?

Gin did not know about Bourbon's plan to disguise as Akai. Vermouth said she had the boss's permission for the plan because he was very cautious. Of course this relies on the basic Bourbon arc speculations being true.

The FBI were hoping to capture Gin who would lead them to the boss. This means Akai and the other FBI think there is someone over Gin at least. (599.09)
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on November 30th, 2011, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

The boss is Takagi and Sato is Vermouth. This couple is way too suspicious since they are not childhood friends! XD
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Chekhov, Unless Gosho has put something without question it, please not not state ideas as facts

This is what I mean "Gin did not know about Bourbon's plan to disguise as Akai. Vermouth said she had the boss's permission for the plan because he was very cautious."

This is assumption, not fact. All you can say for sure is Vermouth gave a go ahead. You can not yet say for certain what that go ahead was for.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
believer08
Love is ZERO

Post by believer08 »

Sorry for the off thopic comment, but... in which file, exactly,  was suggested the relationships Gin-Vermouth and Gin - Sherry?
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
Suutashi
I'll fix it later.

Post by Suutashi »

believer08 wrote: Sorry for the off thopic comment, but... in which file, exactly,  was suggested the relationships Gin-Vermouth and Gin - Sherry?
It wasn't in a manga file.  Click here to find both the chart and the chart's translation.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Maybe Sherry- Gin Chapter 238 Page 4 & Page 16

Vermouth - Gin  Chapter 287 Page 5
Later

Invisible Member
believer08
Love is ZERO

Post by believer08 »

Suutashi wrote:
believer08 wrote: Sorry for the off thopic comment, but... in which file, exactly,  was suggested the relationships Gin-Vermouth and Gin - Sherry?
It wasn't in a manga file.  Click here to find both the chart and the chart's translation.
Damn, I can't imagine sherry having that kind of relationship with Gin :P

About the anokata theory, I forgot about the "alibi" that Chekhov just mentioned above. It will be awesome if the boss may be somebody we all consider a "good character". But I don't think that's possible, or there is actually somebody "good" without a solid alibi?
makoto
i,m looking for strong men to fight

Post by makoto »

well few policeman does not have a solid alibi as i think
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

sstimson wrote: Chekhov, Unless Gosho has put something without question it, please not not state ideas as facts

This is what I mean "Gin did not know about Bourbon's plan to disguise as Akai. Vermouth said she had the boss's permission for the plan because he was very cautious."

This is assumption, not fact. All you can say for sure is Vermouth gave a go ahead. You can not yet say for certain what that go ahead was for.
I only mentioned it because Kuro_shiro is in the O=A SA=B=AT camp already. You are free to believe what you want.
sonoci
Everyone's Child

Post by sonoci »

sstimson wrote: Chekhov, Unless Gosho has put something without question it, please not not state ideas as facts

Well, in any topic that has the words "theory", "opinion", "idea", "maybe", "may be", or anything that's subjective, it's a bit of a given that there will be assumptions stated as facts. Basically, there's this constant knowledge that while reading a theory what you're seeing is not necessarily the truth.

It's like how my teacher tells me that pretty much any sentence in an essay begins with "I think" and that you have to cut that out...because it's already implied :V
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Anyway back on topic and more proof(?) for the old man being the Boss. What if Akai was to met the Boss.
Yes the page before says "Executive Member" of which both GIN, and the BOSS are. But I am looking at two words on page 9
"The FBI on the lookout for that leader. What if Gin did not show because he was not suppose to. What if the BOSS himself wanted to met Akai and give him the name RYE? You noticed only one BO showed up. What if it was planned that way all along? That the person who was to met RYE was the BOSS?

Now you may shot me down by clearly showing without question Akai was there to meet Gin and only him.
Later

Invisible Member