My theory (another one !):
Vermouth, the central character of Meitantei Conan is a very romantic figure. It is based on that of Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray. And I guess it will end like Dorian Gray, too.
Some evidence :
- The UK holds a very important place in DC: Sera's family, James Black, etc. and, of course, Holmes and Conan Doyles.
- Oscar Wilde and Conan Doyle were friends, and had the same editor. In a famous dinner, he ordered a novel for both writer. Doyle brought The Sign of Four, and Wilde The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- If it is true that the name of Ano Kata appeared in the first volumes of DC, then note that, in Volume 14, Gosho talks about Cordelia Gray in his Encyclopedia of detectives.
- The story of Dorian Gray fits perfectly with what we know / have deduced from the life of Vermouth, and, perhaps, Ano Kata. Let's recall that Dorian Gray enjoys eternal youth, because it is a portrait of him that ages in his place, and takes the stigmas of every evil deed he commits (and actually he does a lot !).
Dorian Gray is a complex character, torn between good and evil. In the end, Dorian Gray eventually "kills" his portrait; then he collapses, his portrait becomes that of a young man again, and Dorian, instead, becomes a man disfigured by old age and sin, and falls dead.
The Picture of Dorian Gray is a well-known novel, and was the subject of several films, TV movies, and the character is famous and appeared in blockbuster "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".
Beyond the name and British origin of Vermouth and Ano kata, this assumption leads to another on the end of DC:
- Vermouth can only die, and if possible, in agreement with the tortured side of hre character; an end like that of Dorian Gray would suit her perfectly,
- It may be as Ano Kata wants ultimately end with life too, for example if the person he / she loved should disappear.
In this case, an end that would "live up" to Verm' would be that of Dorian Gray: an antidote would allow her to find her real age. As it is -at least, if we take the beginning of the Organization more than 50 years ago - 90 years, she would be totally shrivelled. Ditto for AK, even if he/she is probably younger if he / she is a child of Vermouth.
So: IF Vermouth's Model is Dorian Gray, THEN antidote exists. That will delight fans of Shin / Ran, because if Conan remains blocked to 7 years, while Ran grow old, the story would eventually be endless ...