Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 14th, 2016, 8:39 am

irishock wrote:Every single time I rewatch 394 I just notice how Agasa nervously laughs at the notion of the boss's mail address having a kid's song tone to it.

I'm still convinced Agasa was always going to be the boss until Gosho canned it bc the theory got popular tbh

Well, if DC had lasted 3-6 months, that would certainly fit.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Postby Uchiha Shadow » March 14th, 2016, 11:07 am

irishock wrote:Every single time I rewatch 394 I just notice how Agasa nervously laughs at the notion of the boss's mail address having a kid's song tone to it.

I'm still convinced Agasa was always going to be the boss until Gosho canned it bc the theory got popular tbh

Nah, that theory never made sense to begin with.
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 14th, 2016, 11:16 am

Uchiha Shadow wrote:

Agreed!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 14th, 2016, 12:22 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:

Agreed!

The moment it became clear DC was going to keep going past 3-6 months, that theory was through.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor

Postby Kor » March 14th, 2016, 12:29 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:

Agreed!

The moment it became clear DC was going to keep going past 3-6 months, that theory was through.

Are saying that as someone who has followed the series throughout its first 3-6 months?

In the first place, didn't the very first mention of the boss occur only in the case with Pisco? Prior to that I don't think there was much of an indication regarding one supreme boss of the organization.
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 14th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Kor wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:

Agreed!

Are saying that as someone who has followed the series throughout its first 3-6 months?

In the first place, didn't the very first mention of the boss occur only in the case with Pisco? Prior to that I don't think there was much of an indication regarding one supreme boss of the organization.

Nope—I hadn't even been conceived, yet. Nevertheless, had the series finished in 3-6 months, that would be an easy way to end it quickly.
Serinox

Postby Serinox » March 14th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Quick and easy way to end it quickly would be without a boss, with just a showdown with Gin and Vodka and reverse engineering an antidote from that, series resolved. Seems more likely for the 3-6 month scenario than having a boss at all.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 14th, 2016, 3:20 pm

You have to consider that that time limit could mean absolutely anything from Gosho running out of ideas for the cases to the series simply getting axed. Alot of series don't even reach their conclusion because of that. Hitman Reborn was over 400 chapters and had a retarded nonending.
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 14th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Serinox wrote:Quick and easy way to end it quickly would be without a boss, with just a showdown with Gin and Vodka and reverse engineering an antidote from that, series resolved. Seems more likely for the 3-6 month scenario than having a boss at all.

That's true.

k11chi wrote:You have to consider that that time limit could mean absolutely anything from Gosho running out of ideas for the cases to the series simply getting axed. Alot of series don't even reach their conclusion because of that. Hitman Reborn was over 400 chapters and had a retarded nonending.

Was it more popular than DC in Japan?
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 14th, 2016, 6:51 pm

k11chi wrote:You have to consider that that time limit could mean absolutely anything from Gosho running out of ideas for the cases to the series simply getting axed. Alot of series don't even reach their conclusion because of that. Hitman Reborn was over 400 chapters and had a retarded nonending.

Not sure, probably not, but it was definitely popular!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 15th, 2016, 6:11 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:

Not sure, probably not, but it was definitely popular!

In both manga and anime formats?

I asked because it's not even half of DC's length, and if it wasn't as popular as DC, then it's doubtful that Shogakukan will just up and cancel it.
ManojNep

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may is

Postby ManojNep » March 24th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Fusae Campbell
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » March 24th, 2016, 5:34 pm

ManojNep wrote:Fusae Campbell

Bzzt wrong
Aoyama denied it in an interview
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
ManojNep

Postby ManojNep » March 24th, 2016, 5:49 pm

KaitoRizu wrote:

Bzzt wrong

It's obvious aoyama doesn't want to reveal the boss identity. Isn't that what he is trying to make us think that the boss is someone else.
Kudo Shinchi

No comment......

Postby Kudo Shinchi » March 24th, 2016, 8:00 pm

ManojNep wrote:
KaitoRizu wrote:

Bzzt wrong

It's obvious aoyama doesn't want to reveal the boss identity. Isn't that what he is trying to make us think that the boss is someone else.

If he has indeed denied it in an interview, though, I'd take him at his word (and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't care for Gosho's interview answers). I doubt he would blatantly lie about something as important as the boss's identity.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”