Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
K.O.R.N

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Post by K.O.R.N »

Nemomon wrote:The boss is known within the BO as "that person", so I doubt they have any nickname at all. Plus, the boss is the one to assign nicknames, so assigning one to themselves could lower their position to the position of a mere codenamed member, and I doubt the boss would want that. But it could be that the boss has two roles, one of being the boss, and second of a mere agent to move freely within the BO.
While it makes sense, I don't think the Boss having a codename means he lowers himself to his subordinates at all. In fact, would be cool if his codename is some super badass heavy mysterious alcohol or something. Rum is the 2nd in command, above everyone, and just below one person and still has a codename and all.
Scanlator
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Rum has a codename because he still is a replaceable member of the BO. He might be super important, but presumably nothing that cannot be replaced by someone else. Anokata is the creator of the BO, and from what we heard he's the mastermind in it. Without him and his plans the BO could collapse. Maybe for this reason (and the reason that presumably almost nobody knows who he is) he would distance himself from the rest of the BO. In the very end the Boss has a big goal, and the BO is just a tool to achieve it. No reason to become too close to it than needed.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Tumunasideli

Post by Tumunasideli »

I thought it was a fact that Ano Kata doesn’t have an alcholic codename. If I remember it correct in an interview they asked Goushou what is Ano Kata’s codename, will his favorite drink be Ano Kata’s codename, he said Ano Kata doesn’t have a kodename since he is the one who gaves codenames.
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

I therefore conclude that Anokata is none of than The Bartender. Come to think of it, it's almost always the Bartender who ends up the culprit. LOL

To be able to name your agents using alcoholic drinks, you gotta be knowledgeable at the very least. Who fits the bill other than a bartender? Possibly a heavy drinker - none other than ... .. .
(Actually not insinuating anything but just messing around)
If you think you are cooler than me then prove it, B*TCH!

K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

CoolKid3 wrote:I therefore conclude that Anokata is none of than The Bartender. Come to think of it, it's almost always the Bartender who ends up the culprit. LOL

To be able to name your agents using alcoholic drinks, you gotta be knowledgeable at the very least. Who fits the bill other than a bartender? Possibly a heavy drinker - none other than ... .. .
(Actually not insinuating anything but just messing around)
Sure enough, the boss could be doing any jobs but you would expect him to be competent enough to memorize a ton of things so codenames are nothing.
Scanlator
Xytan Whitcombe

Post by Xytan Whitcombe »

https://ameblo.jp/fuuyuu-xxx-sakurachan ... ?frm=theme
https://www.facebook.com/DCTheRedThread ... 1767451109

According to that, and the Facebook article - The DCTP people translated some post cards: Both Karasuma Renya and Ooguro Rentaro are out. Funny that we translated it yet nobody here mentioned that Rentaro, our biggest suspect, was confirmed false.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

That's because the source of the info had heard from someone else about that and we don't have a guarantee that there were postcards with those replies to fan questions.

So we consider them sketchy and not totally reliable.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

According ro a Japanese theory, it's Mitsuhiko
dccd

Post by dccd »

A little more info would be cool.

And welcome!
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Absenta

Post by Absenta »

HUGE SPOILERS..FILE 1008 about the boss:

If you don´t want to get spoiled just read the file 1008 when it´s fully released.
Spoiler:

Apparently, just a Yusaku theory but still...
It´s certainly exciting but probably Karasuma is now in a young form. So we know him as an old name and an old man. Probably KARASUMA is organization´s name so that´s why Gosho said that knowing the BO name would give the boss name...

What do you think¿? I´m still expecting more from Gosho and LOL, finding out who is the boss before Rum... ???

Could be (another) Gosho red herring¿? Dunno..
Last edited by Spimer on December 11th, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link; please don't link to sites which post full RAWs
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Spoiler:
I hope Karasuma goes by another name, otherwise it would be anticlimatic.
And yeah the image seems pretty close to Anokatas picture at the Vinyard-funeral.
Last edited by kentasaiba on December 11th, 2017, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Absenta

Post by Absenta »

Nice seen! But please, put it in spoiler just till next week ^^
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Well.................... I called it.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:Well.................... I called it.
Spoiler:
Uh, there's just waaaay too much uncertainty, right now, for a declaration of "called it."

The original boss may not be the current boss...

And this still might be a misdirect—we won't know until 1,009... no, in fact, it may take all of the cases in 2018 for us to figure out what the hell this all means, given the information that we still haven't been provided, and the questions that are still unanswered.

And even if it turns out that Renya Karasuma is both the original and current boss of the BO, and that he's shrunk or something, there's still the matter of how the BO will be taken down. And then there's Gosho's health, of course, to take into consideration, in terms of the reason he went with this, if it turns out to be the case.

Basically, it's waaay too early to assume anything. For something this big, we NEED more info and more questions need to be answered.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:Well.................... I called it.
Spoiler:
Eh, I think this is a red herring. We've seen too much of Gosho to know that he never reveals his cards early and always has us chasing red herring suspects (remember Jodie or Okiya?) early on. I personally don't think we'll know the boss's true identity before we know Rum's.