Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
blackmoon

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Post by blackmoon »

Swagnarok wrote:Maria being the Boss would mean the BO is led by a person who...couldn't figure out how to open a stuck door.
Hahahahahaha.... very good point! ;D
But... Rumi hitting her head all the time and seemingly dumb at times does not necessarily mean she couldn't put up a good fight. Playing dumb... could be a trap or disguise? ;)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

saorin wrote:
thriceplus wrote: Well, the idea of the switching out theory is that the boss has only been "Maria" for a short time and plans on returning to his/her real body after s/he finishes spying on Conan. Remember she's only been "Maria" for a few months so I don't think it's that suspicious. It's basically just like Vermouth situation where she has a real body, only temporarily became Araide for a short period for spying purposes and went back to being Vermouth after her mission is complete. It has nothing to do with switching personalities every few years.
Why only "a few months/short time" Though... I Think we have absolutely nothing that Would somehow Indicate recent changes With the Boss. I'd rather believe that either he's been a kid for Years already and doesn't age or he was turned into a kid years ago and has aged since then, if you go along the "anokata= a child"-theory route.
Also, i guess the Boss actually going out, as cautious as he is supposed to be, to spy on conan doesn't sit right With me. I find it more plausible he is only present from a safe Distance, if at all.
Yeah, I think it's most likely that he's always been a kid for a long time. However, he's "Maria" only for a few months/short time.
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Kyoto is a prefecture which has tonnes of stuff named after karasuma and the only place which has the lion's share of such stuff. I won't put it past Gosho to make Renya Karasuma a person currently living in Kyoto(like Iori Muga)
caniran
Arsenius

Post by caniran »

Spoiler:
First Theory : Renya took early prototype of the APTX 4869 and is now someone completly different!
Second Theory : Renya was the founder the died and now a direct relative is the new leader.
Third Theory : RUM is either the grandson/daughter or the son/daughter of Renya and maybe he/she is the son/daughter of Vermouth!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

You know, more than theories they seem to be mere "ideas" since you don't present any evidences / facts to try to back them up.

A "theory" is something expanded upon using quotes from manga and/or interviews or hints found in the manga to try to link them together and develop a theory with arguments.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

As a continuation for this just so we can have it all in one place.
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Kor wrote:EDIT:
Ah right, so for any of you who believe Maria's the boss, plz find proof she has a cat. If you can't, there's another kid at Conan's school who has a cat, Hiroki, the first "client" of the DBs, so perhaps you can shift attention to him instead. Not sure how many cat candidates we've had in the series so far.
:crine:
  • - Kisaki Eri (Had a cat in the past before Goro)
    - Urushiya Rinpei (Owned Taii since a year back)
    - Mutsumi Shagawa (Granddaughter owns Mugi-chan)
(Only ones I remember,... and yes, pretty much looked them up from that one cat-themed case :P)
Here are a couple more cat owners:
Manda (from chapters 538-540 https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... Conclusion). But he was the culprit of the case.
The Morizono family (from chapters 211-214 https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... _Room_Case)
And there's also the fact Eri got her current cat from a friend. can Goro's previous owner secretly be Karasuma...?!?!?!

If there are any other cat owners that haven't been mentioned, feel free to post.
Npaz

Post by Npaz »

is there a relationship between the carasuma company and the suzuki company ...?

if in the past there was the biggest carasuma company, and now it is a Suzuki company.
1. Are the two companies related to each other or are they rivals?
2. What about the relationship with the founder or company owner?
3. If so why not ask a descendant or owner of a Suzuki company about Carasuma?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

None that we know of.

Also, Suzuk is just one of many big financial conglomerates, there are others like Ooka (Momiji's family). We don't know if Carasuma was the biggest either. Just an important one among many other conglomerates.

1) We don't know if Carasuma Group is still active nowadays or it changed its name to something else or if it was dissolved.
2) We don't know if Karasuma Renya ever met the founder of the Suzuki conglomerate (we don't know how old Suzuki conglomerate is, either).
3) Conan doesn't know either if Suzuki conglomerate has ever been involved with Carasuma Group, and he probably can't ask straightforwardly without raising some questions as to why he wants to know that even if he found something linking them together.

So until we get some new information, we can't establish any connections between both conglomerates / groups.
Npaz

Post by Npaz »

Spimer wrote:None that we know of.

Also, Suzuk is just one of many big financial conglomerates, there are others like Ooka (Momiji's family). We don't know if Carasuma was the biggest either. Just an important one among many other conglomerates.

1) We don't know if Carasuma Group is still active nowadays or it changed its name to something else or if it was dissolved.
2) We don't know if Karasuma Renya ever met the founder of the Suzuki conglomerate (we don't know how old Suzuki conglomerate is, either).
3) Conan doesn't know either if Suzuki conglomerate has ever been involved with Carasuma Group, and he probably can't ask straightforwardly without raising some questions as to why he wants to know that even if he found something linking them together.

So until we get some new information, we can't establish any connections between both conglomerates / groups.

Well, I or we know there are several conglomerate families like Suzuki, Ooka, and Carasuma Group.

1. most likely still active even though with a different name. because it will relate to the running of black organizations.

2. There have been no cases linking Suzuki and Carasuma groups. and the new Suzuki family until Jirokichi Suzuki, Shiro Suzuki n Tomoko Suzuki.

3. well, there is no scane about the cooperation or relationship between Suzuki and Carasuma Group. but if Conan wants to find information, can it be ... with the help of Agasa or Yuso Kudo ... hopefully in the future there will be a discussion about that in the manga

maybe you can give an opinion (IMO) about it even though there is still little or no information from manga, interviews or a hint.
Sharon@Chris

Post by Sharon@Chris »

I think Ano Kata is one of the three men who appeared in Chapter 500, The three candidates running for a seat, Even Jodie said one of them might have something on the line and I think the Professor of Teito University (Eusike Tokiwa) who invented many drugs. And after his appearance Gosho said that the boss have already appeared. So it might be that he s the Boss of B.O and he have many scientists who invent him the drugs And the Black shadow of Carasuma in Chapter 1008 matches him as well. ???
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

... It doesn't. And by "has already appeared" he meant Karasuma Renya that had appeared in Vol. 30 as a silhouette.

Sorry but it's confirmed that "ano kata" = Karasuma Renya. Unmistakably.
dccd

Post by dccd »

Yeah, but nethertheless its still possible
- and imo pretty likely -
that Karasuma is known to us as another person currently.

And "has already appeared" obv means what u already said.
But it still can mean that he appeared to us as another char (under another name) aswell.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
blacksnake245

Post by blacksnake245 »

The boss is most likely
Spoiler:
Maria Higashio.
A Reddit user mac326 has posted a thread providing evidence that she is the boss.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneTruthPrevai ... nt_have_a/

The evidence is pretty solid in my opinion.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

The Italian Pasta Theory:
Why i think Toto Riina was the inspiration for Anokata.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneTruthPrevai ... &context=3
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Reader

Post by Reader »

HatiMMOS wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:18 pm
The Italian Pasta Theory:
Why i think Toto Riina was the inspiration for Anokata.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneTruthPrevai ... &context=3
This is a interesting and a fresh take. I liked reading it, even though the possibility of it being true is low imo.