Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
K.O.R.N

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Postby K.O.R.N » October 30th, 2017, 9:03 am

Nemomon wrote:The boss is known within the BO as "that person", so I doubt they have any nickname at all. Plus, the boss is the one to assign nicknames, so assigning one to themselves could lower their position to the position of a mere codenamed member, and I doubt the boss would want that. But it could be that the boss has two roles, one of being the boss, and second of a mere agent to move freely within the BO.

While it makes sense, I don't think the Boss having a codename means he lowers himself to his subordinates at all. In fact, would be cool if his codename is some super badass heavy mysterious alcohol or something. Rum is the 2nd in command, above everyone, and just below one person and still has a codename and all.
Scanlator
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 30th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Rum has a codename because he still is a replaceable member of the BO. He might be super important, but presumably nothing that cannot be replaced by someone else. Anokata is the creator of the BO, and from what we heard he's the mastermind in it. Without him and his plans the BO could collapse. Maybe for this reason (and the reason that presumably almost nobody knows who he is) he would distance himself from the rest of the BO. In the very end the Boss has a big goal, and the BO is just a tool to achieve it. No reason to become too close to it than needed.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Tumunasideli

Postby Tumunasideli » October 30th, 2017, 2:34 pm

I thought it was a fact that Ano Kata doesn’t have an alcholic codename. If I remember it correct in an interview they asked Goushou what is Ano Kata’s codename, will his favorite drink be Ano Kata’s codename, he said Ano Kata doesn’t have a kodename since he is the one who gaves codenames.
CoolKid3

Postby CoolKid3 » October 31st, 2017, 11:49 am

I therefore conclude that Anokata is none of than The Bartender. Come to think of it, it's almost always the Bartender who ends up the culprit. LOL

To be able to name your agents using alcoholic drinks, you gotta be knowledgeable at the very least. Who fits the bill other than a bartender? Possibly a heavy drinker - none other than ... .. .
(Actually not insinuating anything but just messing around)
If you think you are cooler than me then prove it, B*TCH!

K.O.R.N

Postby K.O.R.N » October 31st, 2017, 1:20 pm

CoolKid3 wrote:I therefore conclude that Anokata is none of than The Bartender. Come to think of it, it's almost always the Bartender who ends up the culprit. LOL

To be able to name your agents using alcoholic drinks, you gotta be knowledgeable at the very least. Who fits the bill other than a bartender? Possibly a heavy drinker - none other than ... .. .
(Actually not insinuating anything but just messing around)

Sure enough, the boss could be doing any jobs but you would expect him to be competent enough to memorize a ton of things so codenames are nothing.
Scanlator

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”