Pairing Thread: ShinichixSera

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
sonoci
Everyone's Child

Re: Pairing Thread: ShinichixSera

Post by sonoci »

I can't speak for anyone else, but chance really doesn't matter. Shipping is for fun and enjoyment. In our imaginations, we find that ShinichixSera could be cute, so we 'support' it. I'd use 'like' but that gives the impression that the pairing exists, which it doesn't at this point (and probably won't ever). It's all just fun :P
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

Abs. wrote: Hint: Shinichi turns gay
Shinichi gets a sex change and becomes a lesbian.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
jebbifurzz
ShinRan shall prevail...

Post by jebbifurzz »

Wait wait wait!  What about when Sera told Ran she was just her type?

What about SeraxRan???

She's always hanging out with Ran, even when Sonoko isn't there...  ;D
A hypothetical ending to "Detective Conan", since we know it won't happen any time soon: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6261280/1/S ... ganization
Dus
Community Drunken Raccoon
45% Kogoro, 54% Raccoon, 100% Beerslayer

Post by Dus »

Parkur wrote: Oh god we're already shipping sera with people? :|
With people? Are you suggesting we ship her with dogs or something?
Anyway, I suggest a SeraxRanxSonokoxKazuha love rectangle.
We don't make mistakes. We have happy accidents.
Remember: A thin paint will stick to a thick paint.
jebbifurzz
ShinRan shall prevail...

Post by jebbifurzz »

Dus wrote:
Parkur wrote: Oh god we're already shipping sera with people? :|
With people? Are you suggesting we ship her with dogs or something?
Anyway, I suggest a SeraxRanxSonokoxKazuha love rectangle.
I support this.  Quick, someone do a fanart of it!  XD
A hypothetical ending to "Detective Conan", since we know it won't happen any time soon: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6261280/1/S ... ganization
HayleyStark
We're all evil eyed yawny kids

Post by HayleyStark »

This thread proves my theory that most Conan fans are adults. Y'all obsessing over cartoon characters that you liked in your teens...and its getting scary.
"Do you have to say something about everything?"
-Haibara Ai to Conan
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

HayleyStark wrote: This thread proves my theory that most Conan fans are adults. Y'all obsessing over cartoon characters that you liked in your teens...and its getting scary.
I hope you're not being serious
Dus
Community Drunken Raccoon
45% Kogoro, 54% Raccoon, 100% Beerslayer

Post by Dus »

Your "proof" is feeble at best. I for one am only 7.
We don't make mistakes. We have happy accidents.
Remember: A thin paint will stick to a thick paint.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

HayleyStark wrote: This thread proves my theory that most Conan fans are adults. Y'all obsessing over cartoon characters that you liked in your teens...and its getting scary.
Hoshi, tantei-chan
Someone with the strength to cover our weaknesses

Post by Hoshi, tantei-chan »

I think this pairing is cute but will never happen.

Suddenly came to mind:
Ran - 3
Sera - 4
Shiho - 5
XD
Passing by
jebbifurzz
ShinRan shall prevail...

Post by jebbifurzz »

I think it's simply that we have a connection to the characters, and we like to play around with different character relationships.  It's actually a very interesting exercise if you ever care to try it.  We've seen the interplay between the canon couples ad infinitum, but through this limited scope, we can only truly see the characters for who they are with THAT particular person.
But the identity of a character cannot be simply a backdrop within the identity of his "soul mate".  So we seek to pull these characters from their places in a backdrop to a place where we can study their identity as an individual.  Who is this character as a person, and how would he react to others?  We next imagine a hypothetical scenario in which the individual is attracted to another.  In what way, if at all, would they behave differently?  How would the relationship have changed?  In imagining these scenarios, we can achieve a greater understanding of the character.
But our main intent is not necessarily exploratory in nature.  These are characters that we love, with whom we have grown up.  In some small way, they have become a part of our identities as well.  So we are imagining separate possibilities, different directions, alternate components of who we are.
It may seem whimsical, but we are actually allowing our beloved characters to be a part of a reality.  A reality in which our paths are not set in stone.  Where there is no person for whom we are destined, but simply people.  Crowds of people, and hundreds of possibilities.  There is never only one way to go, and there is never a RIGHT way to go.  Only infinite paths, winding toward the same inevitable fate of death.
So...  It may seem weird, or creepy, or overly nostalgic - but I think that it just shows our love for the characters and the wonderful story of "Detective Conan".

Also, I don't think it's entirely unhealthy to have a connection to fictional characters.  I'm thinking of the final episode of the "Imaginationland" arc in the show "South Park".  XD  Some fictional characters have shaped our lives more profoundly than any real person ever could, and that's OKAY.  We owe it to these characters for who we have become, and they will continue to live in our hearts as we proceed through life.
So let us imagine these characters.  Let us love these characters.  At their core they are only drawings on a paper - given words from the author, movement from the animators, and voice from the actors.  To some they may only be fictional characters, but to us they are so much more.
lulwa

Post by lulwa »

I think shinichi and sera would be perfect together,they have many things in commen and I noticed that sera is the combination of Ai and ran lol ,also she is foreshadowed by sonoko to being a powerful love rival and that shinichi could have a change of heart ,so I'm hoping ,and if you remember shinichi did say something once that he prefers to be forgotten by ran then to hurt her no? So I really think Gosho intends to give DC fans a huge surprise in the form of sera , I hope *sigh* because I'm getting bored of ran and shinichi together.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

lulwa wrote:I think shinichi and sera would be perfect together,they have many things in commen and I noticed that sera is the combination of Ai and ran lol ,also she is foreshadowed by sonoko to being a powerful love rival and that shinichi could have a change of heart ,so I'm hoping ,and if you remember shinichi did say something once that he prefers to be forgotten by ran then to hurt her no? So I really think Gosho intends to give DC fans a huge surprise in the form of sera , I hope *sigh* because I'm getting bored of ran and shinichi together.

you will hurt the feeling of ShinRan supporters :) . But i'm not deserve to say that too, because i vote for ShinShi sha sha sha :D
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

For the way gosho is going it's obvious that shinXRan who are going to win at the end .. for me when I was just watching random episodes of the anime I was a strong CoXai fan I really wanted shinchi to love shiho and end up together .. but after watching the anime as whole and reading the manga I liked the kind of romance between ran and shinchi they deserve to be together at the end and shinchi won't forget about ran even if gosho had decided for him to have a change in heart in some point in the manga his still ran would have occupied a part of his heart forever and this won't be fair for haibara or even for sera for shinXsera supporters too...
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

lulwa wrote:I think shinichi and sera would be perfect together,they have many things in commen and I noticed that sera is the combination of Ai and ran lol ,also she is foreshadowed by sonoko to being a powerful love rival and that shinichi could have a change of heart ,so I'm hoping ,and if you remember shinichi did say something once that he prefers to be forgotten by ran then to hurt her no? So I really think Gosho intends to give DC fans a huge surprise in the form of sera , I hope *sigh* because I'm getting bored of ran and shinichi together.
Well, Shinichi/Conan barely even remembers Masumi, at this point—even when he eventually does, when we get that flashback case, he's probably not even going to flinch, in terms of his feelings.

And are Shinichi and Ran really together? They've had—what?—four encounters since File 95/Episode 50?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)