Chekhov's theories about the plot

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
k11chi

Re: Chekhov's theories about the plot

Postby k11chi » August 21st, 2016, 4:19 am

Disguises aren't limited to just facial structure. Kaito managed to disguise as a kid (ofcourse just "kind of" but he still showed that it's possible to fool the cast like that) and Vermouth has those air things on her that can make her body look like Araide's.
wrd

Postby wrd » September 5th, 2016, 1:25 pm

Firefox wrote:
Valentin wrote:
Firefox wrote:
wrd wrote:The name in the anime version is 中谷 正晃.

To me, the surname in the anime version rather looks like 中方, which could be pronounced Nakakata.

I changed the picture to grayscale and adjusted the brightness level to make it clearer, then I colored each part of the Kanji. Hope you see it being now. The little triangle-like thing at the bottom is actually as it's written fast and pictured with a bad resolution. As I'm Chinese, identifying such handwriting Kanji is actually not a problem. ;D

The family name 中谷 (Hiragana:なかたに) is pronounced as Nakatani.

If the TV producers had changed such a Kanji from the manga when they did the TV anime, I would think there should be a certain reason that we may look into. Yet it seems that they kept it the original.

Thanks firefox and valentin for answering (albeit i'm responding late)
I was going for 平 as the first kanji in the surname,...but seems like it wasn't it.

Maybe the anime staff took liberty with the first kanji since it was covered with the bubble speech in the manga..but then again one would think that they asked about it seeing how they kept most of the names  on the page Heiji was looking at as they were in the manga ..but whatever.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » September 13th, 2016, 11:50 pm

I just got an random idea... About Rei. In an interview Gosho has stated that he actually has brown hair and it's significant. And I remember people speculating British ties for him. So what if... What if he was Elena's son? From before Atsushi? Like there was Elena and Rei, and then there was Atsushi and Akemi. Marriage happened and organization. Maybe Elena was already in Organization. And later Shiho was born. and then the lab explosion that killed the Miyano couple.

Or something? Crazy right, but I really wanted to write this one up.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 23 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 23.1.17 (23rd of January)

Sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream will begin at some point.

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 14th, 2016, 1:11 am

MoonRaven wrote:In an interview Gosho has stated that he actually has brown hair and it's significant.

What if he was Elena's son? From before Atsushi? .

Then wouldn't his explanation to the person he thought was Shiho during the Mystery Train case have gone a bit different?
"As expected of "Hell Angel" 's daughter" and "I have met your parents"

Here is the piece of interview From the "Lets talk with Gosho 2014" interview
Strangely enough, this was the only source for that statement,
but this person has been pretty reliable in the past
http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-81.html
質.安室さんの髪が白いのは…あの髪色は自前ですか?
あ~。
白いというか茶髪ね。
これは言っちゃうとね。
言えない。
色が黒いのもね、意味深だよね(笑)
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Postby MoonRaven » September 14th, 2016, 11:16 am

I don't understand Japanese so I don't know what that piece of interview says. But I am aware of what Tooru said to Shiho. Maybe since he has never met her properly before, he keeps his distance and acts 'professionally'. That wasn't really a time to tell 'hey, I'm your half-brother btw'.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 14th, 2016, 3:09 pm

MoonRaven wrote:I don't understand Japanese so I don't know what that piece of interview says. But I am aware of what Tooru said to Shiho. Maybe since he has never met her properly before, he keeps his distance and acts 'professionally'. That wasn't really a time to tell 'hey, I'm your half-brother btw'.

From the Let's Talk with Gosho page on the DCW wiki:

"Amuro's dark skin color has a meaning.... Gosho declined to say whether Amuro's hair and skin color is natural, but mentioned his current hair color is supposed to be brown, not white."

I guess his hair was, in fact, brown, when he was drawn on the Volume 76 character keyhole, and pretty much everyone misinterpreted it.

I suppose the meaning of his skin color relates to one parent (this would be his father, if Elena is his mother, as you theorize) or both parents. Beyond that, I can't really think of what it could mean.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 14th, 2016, 3:37 pm

(sorry for not putting this in my post above with the japanese)

The exact wording that ALAKTORN gave in 2014 was :
(color coded the same as I did above)
" Q: Amuro-san’s white hair… is that dyed?
Aah.
Rather than white it’s brown.
I can’t answer this.
His dark skin too, there is a profound meaning behind it. (laughs)
"
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 14th, 2016, 3:50 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:His dark skin too, there is a profound meaning behind it. (laughs) "

Yeah, I thought that's what that part (意味深だよね/imi fukadayone) meant.

Even so, I can't think of anything beyond one (or both) of his parents having dark skin, themselves.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 14th, 2016, 4:09 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:His dark skin too, there is a profound meaning behind it. (laughs) "

Even so, I can't think of anything beyond one (or both) of his parents having dark skin, themselves.

Whats really weird though is that Gosho drew this recently, with him having closer to blond hair in these two 2016 images
maybe he gave in to the hair color over the last two years?

ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 15th, 2016, 3:09 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

Whats really weird though is that Gosho drew this recently, with him having closer to blond hair in these two 2016 images
maybe he gave in to the hair color over the last two years?

ImageImage

If anything, the blond hair makes him a more unique character... even more than he already is. After all, most characters have black or brown hair (or even red hair) and aren't dark-skinned. Blond/Blonde hair colors seem to be reserved for westerners. Thus, that gives him more of a link to the west than the dark skin (a more obvious link, that is).
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Postby MoonRaven » September 15th, 2016, 1:08 pm

...Am I really messing up facts this badly? Maybe I should leave theorizing to others....

My Tumblr

ATEM

Postby ATEM » September 15th, 2016, 3:00 pm

MoonRaven wrote:...Am I really messing up facts this badly? Maybe I should leave theorizing to others....

Your theory isn't impossible , his conversation with haibara alone can't be considered a proof to destroy this theory completely because simply can be explained as she doesn't know maybe no one knows amuro is older than haibara enough and probably in his flashback with elena haibara wasn't born yet .
I am not saying I am with it or against it though , amuro and haibara being a brother and sister while he and akai are cousins is cool but I am still against the idea of a characters complexed relationships fully based plot.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 15th, 2016, 3:21 pm

MoonRaven wrote:...Am I really messing up facts this badly? Maybe I should leave theorizing to others....

I don't see any error in anything you said in this thread. When you mentioned the interview, DCU and I just were posting the quote from the interview thing (I forgot to copy the english over into my first post) and then side tracked about Amuro himself and Gosho's coloring.

For your theory on Amuro possibly being the son of Elena, its not impossible, I was just saying that it makes Amuro's comments to her in the Mystery Train become a bit weird. Your response about him possibly just being polite is a valid response. As this is a mystery series, arguing back and forth over the details is quite normal and helps us all remind each other of things we might have overlooked. The idea of both the Akai family and Amuro both being connected to the Miyano family does make things a bit weird, but even just the Akai family being related does go a bit too far in my opinion, in terms of coincidences, but this is Gosho's writings so you never know...
Tenryu

Postby Tenryu » September 16th, 2016, 4:35 am

i don't even know where gosho is trying to go with the whole everyone is a relative set up like this one lol
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 16th, 2016, 2:24 pm

No, keep at it! You're doing just fine. :)

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”