Chekhov's theories about the plot

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Chekhov's theories about the plot

Postby Serinox » November 2nd, 2016, 4:45 pm

ginandjuice wrote:Change of topic, regarding Gin's age as mentioned in the pinned post, I was always under the impression that he was in his late 20s or in the 30s, because as the series progresses his features become more handsome and less... harsh in some ways. But in the drama Gin's actor look way older which made me wonder if he is meant to be quite old-ish?

Well, Shuichi in current time should be around 35, which I wouldn't have guessed from his appearance, so it might be bit difficult to estimate for Gin. But yeah, I would've guessed him into around that same age group, mid thirties.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » November 3rd, 2016, 4:28 am

Look at Rei. Does he look like a 29 yo man? He looks like 22 yo at max. Gin must be around 40.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Tantei San

Only One truth Prevails !!

Postby Tantei San » November 4th, 2016, 10:23 am

tbh Japanese and chinese people, you can't determine their ages easily.! Wonder what do they do or eat.
Integrate.. Differentiate.. That's what life is all about 8-) >:D
ginandjuice

i rob you miss mystery ♫♪

Postby ginandjuice » November 4th, 2016, 7:26 pm

Yikes, considering how suggestive Aoyama has been considering Shiho's and Gin's relation and her being 18-20, Gin being anything older than 35 would be gross.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » November 4th, 2016, 7:49 pm

@gindandjuice: We don't know exactly what that "relation" was to begin with. It could be mere harassment but maybe there never was any "physical" thing. Haibara fearing Gin could be because of his ruthless nature and Gin imaging her naked could be a display of his obsessive behavior, maybe because he hasn't gotten to "finish" her off.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ginandjuice

i rob you miss mystery ♫♪

Postby ginandjuice » November 4th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Yeah, by relation I didn't mean that they must've had anything emotional or physical going on, but the mere obsession (especially for someone who seem quite calm and non-caring) and imagining her naked is enough to make it gross if he's old.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”