FILE.647 English Manga (Amnesia, Real Or Fake?)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Conan 48:69

FILE.647 English Manga (Amnesia, Real Or Fake?)

Postby Conan 48:69 » April 14th, 2008, 8:32 am

Look like there is Real and Fake Shinichi. The one with amnesia is imposter and the last page mystery man is real Shinichi.
Last edited by Conan 48:69 on August 19th, 2008, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome To DCTP Radio Show! From DJ Conan!
ten

Re: FILE.647 Japanese Manga (Amnesia, Real Or Fake?)

Postby ten » April 14th, 2008, 8:45 am

o0o0o too good.... must ...not ...look...
Miyano-sama

ã

Postby Miyano-sama » April 14th, 2008, 11:37 am

• Shinichi has really lost his memory. He does not remember anything.
  • Heiji covers up for Shinichi by claiming that he went back alone by train.
  • Haibara tells Heiji over phone that they need to make Shinichi regain his memory in 24 hours (that is before the antidote loses its effect), or otherwise it will be obvious that Conan is Shinichi.
  • Last year, Shinichi concluded that the village headman and his wife committed double suicide because the headman had cancer. However, it was clear that the motive wasn't the cancer because it could be cured by a surgery.
ã
bright_zero

Bright like the full moon, I illuminate the night.

Postby bright_zero » April 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm

mannn I can't wait until this file gets translated.. ( putting my hope on knightus and co  ;) )
And tnx for the raw version ;D

who would that guy/women be at the end of the file?
''When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.''
codename64546

Postby codename64546 » April 14th, 2008, 10:17 pm

the man on the last page looks more like a girl
ten

Postby ten » April 14th, 2008, 10:59 pm

quick question about the manga panels -- I've always wondered this -- they have on to the side of some of the first panels a small face of conan/shinichi/kogoro for instance and a ton of text beneath it -- what is that text generally saying? (its not dialogue right?)
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 14th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Right.  I believe it's usually something like "Buy more Conanz" or "Watch the Anime" or something.  Basically just ads of some sort.

As for the last panel, it's the hair and robe that make it look female.  I somewhat agree with the OP, if you just look at the mouth/chin, it looks like it could be Shinichi.  Which then leads the question:  Who would be pretending to be Shinichi?  And if the straggly one is the real Shinichi, did the antidote actually age him rather than reversing the APTX, thus giving him 10 years worth of uncut hair?
Aluecard

yes it is true ~ for Alue

Postby Aluecard » April 14th, 2008, 11:31 pm

i think the  (Amnesia,  one is the fake  and th real one is like    he say that he  he age  and he got 10 years of his hair  grow back but think hard who is tha FAKE one .
if cud be kaito  kid or evan a clone or  sum black ops  dude in  the shadow wee wont rily know till it airs  wont wee
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
mysterygirl

Postby mysterygirl » April 15th, 2008, 1:48 am

Heiji: Oi! Explain, Kudo!
Amnesia Shinichi: I really don't know...
Me: I agree. I really don't know.

It's possible that the amnesia Shinichi is an impostor who actually pretended to be Shinichi. (Hey, he could even be the guy who went missing... O.o) Thus, doing something to make everyone look down on Shinichi. Then, something happens which causes him to fall down into the water and he ends up getting amnesia. Or...it could just be Shinichi who does have amnesia. It would be a tricky situation for Heiji in order to get Shinichi to remember who he is within 24 hours. Same could be said if the white hair guy is Shinichi who must find a way to revert back to normal. 

The white hair guy's chin definitely resembles Shinichi's chin. It seems he arrived out of breath since he's panting pretty loud.

Edit: After the speculation at the bottom of this post, I think Shinichi really has amnesia and the white hair guy is the murderer (if he is the headman). If the headman's cancer was cured, he'd be able to grow out hair.

Rough translation (= not totally accurate but I tried) of the last panel on second to last page and the last page itself.

Kazuha: Fol-folklore!?
Police officer: When I was a child, there was often this song about it..  In the forest, I saw it but I avoided it like it was cursed... 
Next page.
Police officer: ....The prisoner called Shirakami-sama (white hair god).
Heiji: Shi-Shirakami!?
Kazuha: What is it Ran-chan?
Ran: No-nothing... I thought I saw something strange...
White hair guy/Shirakami: Haa haa haa

After translating this, I guess if it was an impostor (or the murderer), he would be using a wig maybe to scare people? The police guy seems to have seen a so-called "Shirakami" a long time ago. Or, the murderer/impostor is using Shirakami as a backbone. It's all pure speculation so far. I can easily see how a small village can be influenced by a forklore and some random person with white hair pops up coincidentally.

Oh wait.. the murderer can be the village headman!! Ahahaha.. That makes sense. He's just in hiding right now and uses "Shirakami" so people can't approach him. And don't tell me that he murdered Makoto, because he figured out that he was the murderer hence, Makoto has not been seen for awhile. >_>

I don't have time (atm) to translate this entire chapter so I await the scanlation. ^__^ 
Last edited by mysterygirl on April 15th, 2008, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » April 15th, 2008, 3:04 am

ten wrote:quick question about the manga panels -- I've always wondered this -- they have on to the side of some of the first panels a small face of conan/shinichi/kogoro for instance and a ton of text beneath it -- what is that text generally saying? (its not dialogue right?)

It's just a quick recap of their characters and any relationships they have with other characters.
Zurah

Postby Zurah » April 15th, 2008, 3:49 am

Just a question: Since Haibara already had a antidote that works for 24 Hours, why didn't she make a medicine that works longer? There is no logical meaning behind another medicine with just the same results, isn't it?

zurah
Hazy?!

Whaa?!

Postby Hazy?! » April 15th, 2008, 5:15 am

Just a question: Since Haibara already had a antidote that works for 24 Hours, why didn't she make a medicine that works longer? There is no logical meaning behind another medicine with just the same results, isn't it?

Well, perhaps she's not sure how long this antidote will work, but since it worked for 24 hours last time, it should at least last that long.  Remember, Haibara hasn't tested it, because she was going to test it on Conan 'secretly'.  XD  24 hours is the minimum most likely.

Also, on another note...has Gosho changed his style of drawing Shinichi?  I know we haven't seen him for ages (literally, the last appearance was v. 25... that's a fair few years ago).  He looks very different from the Shinichi that's appeared in those 'dual moments' that Conan has sometimes.  Is it due to his cold, the drug use, his vacant expression because of the amnesia, or is this Shinichi fake?

It's a possibility, and it would explain how troubled Ran looks, because she's suspicious.  Or maybe it's the shock of him not remembering her.
Could be.

GAAAAAH
This series of files is going to go on for a while. 
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.
Kanelle

Postby Kanelle » April 15th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Humm is it confirmed that it isn't some sort of bump on the head??  :-\
EdogawaConanTantei

"Holmes of the Heisei Era"

Postby EdogawaConanTantei » April 16th, 2008, 1:52 am

Kanelle wrote:Humm is it confirmed that it isn't some sort of bump on the head??  :-\

That's the first, and only thing I've even thought of speculating. I seriously doubt the drug had anything to do with the amnesia.. and for all of you that are saying the words:

"impostor"

"fake shinichi"

Hear this.. and try to think about it. The ONLY people capable of impersonating Shinichi, that have a motive to do so, are:

- Kaitou Kid

- Vermouth

- Bourbon*?

*I remember hearing Bourbon is a "master of disguise"? Correct me if I'm wrong.

*** Another thing.. the "unknown" man stabbing the photo of Shinichi MUST be key.. however, why would someone who literally hates Shinichi enough to stab a picture of him over and over want to impersonate Shinichi? Like I said, I doubt the Shinichi we are seeing is a doppelganger.

Do you agree?
Last edited by EdogawaConanTantei on April 16th, 2008, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy?!

Whaa?!

Postby Hazy?! » April 16th, 2008, 4:12 am

Well, maybe we just can't come to terms that Shinichi can't remember anything.  But we still have to think that it might be possible.  Who knows?  It may be, it may not be. 
And what is Kaitou Kid's motive to imitate Shinichi?  I doubt he's got any dirt on him this time, he's probably more interested in his next heist.  Bourbon is a maybe, and Vermouth maybe too...but it could be an unknown person, who has connections with Shinichi in the past.  Yet faking amnesia?  To gain information maybe?

Also, finding out which sort of Amnesia Shinichi has may be a key to seeing where the plot is going, and how long or what's going to happen to let him regain it (if ever?).