File 646 Manga English (Shinichi Is Back!!!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Re: File 646 Spoilers

Postby GinRei » April 8th, 2008, 10:57 am

Know what's even better about the spoilers?

HATTORI AND KAZUHA ARE THERE!

Not only that, but is it actually the APTX that gave him his memory loss?  Looks like he might've wanged his head after falling off that cliff.

And they better not pull a FullMetal Alchemist, and say he can't get his body back permanently without sacrificing his memories.
Aluecard

yes it is true ~ for Alue

Postby Aluecard » April 8th, 2008, 12:34 pm

that sum twist write there  8)i cant wait 2 see this one    in the anime
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » April 8th, 2008, 9:39 pm

File's up on the K-man's linker. Check it out; my favorite file in a long time :P.
ten

Postby ten » April 8th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Huzzah!
jelly_Ace

Re: File 646 Manga English (Shinichi Is Back!!!)

Postby jelly_Ace » April 9th, 2008, 9:01 am

the plot is so good. it starts with the premise that our high school detective is not so infallible after all, with the hint that he may have made a mistake with his deduction! and it's nice to see people hating shinichi, for once. seriously, throughout the series we are bombarded with people seemingly awed with his greatness. it'll be good if he gets knocked down a notch or two. he's such an arrogant jerk sometimes.  ;D
I am five evil steps ahead of you.
ten

Postby ten » April 9th, 2008, 10:59 am

Shinichi is really cocky if anything, so far only his father has put him in his place ... occasionally, but not nearly often enough :)

Anyway ...faking his amnesia would be a good way to really aggravate the person who attacked him so that they will expose themselves .. and gives him an excuse to reinvestigate the case again =)
codename64546

Postby codename64546 » April 9th, 2008, 11:10 am

Is this the start of the end?  :-[
shinichi

Postby shinichi » April 9th, 2008, 2:13 pm

codename64546 wrote:Is this the start of the end?  :-[

:-[ i hope not, i'd love to see how conan ends but it'd end up being kind of sad in my opinion. i've been reading/watching it since i was about 8 so it would sort of be almost like the end of an era to me  :'(

In any case i think it would be a neat twist if shinichi was faking amnesia, it seems like something he might do but i think it's far more likely that he just bumped his head in the fall. although the drug was a prototype, maybe he'll revert to being conan without having any knowledge that he reverted to shinichi for a while.

and i have to think that it must hurt having not only the fall but growing out of your clothes while you're still in them. :-\
Juansmarts

Postby Juansmarts » April 9th, 2008, 8:36 pm

Well, I think it might be like episodes 188-193 (volume 26), where Shinichi came back, but in the end, the antidote lasted for a day. After all, Ai did say that the antidote was only a prototype antidote, like from the last time he came back.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 9th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Yeah, but one would hope she made the antidote better and it would last more than a day now.
Juansmarts

Postby Juansmarts » April 9th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Hmm, I just realized, every time Conan reverted to Shinichi, he had a cold. I wonder, if Conan had taken the antidote without having a cold now, or even during the Desperate Revival episodes.
I think the antidote would last maybe 1 week, or something relating to 1 measured unit of time longer than a day.
ten

Postby ten » April 9th, 2008, 9:15 pm

no, actually him having the cold is what makes the drug work.. according to haibara his weakened immune system when he has a cold makes it possible
tepiestar

do manly girlie men really exist?

Postby tepiestar » April 10th, 2008, 12:36 am

but haibara was gonna have conan take the pill the next time he comes over.  she couldn't assume that conan would still have his cold by then. 
ten

Postby ten » April 10th, 2008, 12:49 am

agasa also has developed pills that weaken the immune system and give cold like symptoms -- so they can be used with the antidote ( I think they did this in one of the episodes? it might have been a movie.. )
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 10th, 2008, 7:24 am

It was Movie 7.