Kir and the Black Organization

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
yukionna

Kir and the Black Organization

Postby yukionna » June 25th, 2009, 10:28 pm

This part of the story just really bothers me. Maybe I just need to watch the arc again, but why the heck did Kir contact Akai (I know she was threatened)? Doesn't that prove that she has contact with the FBI? How does a person who was in a coma the whole time get Akai's contact information? Furthermore, why would Akai meet with a Black Organization member (her story to the BO implies that she didn't even talk to them)?
sstimson

Everyone a Critic

Re: Kir and the Black Organization

Postby sstimson » June 25th, 2009, 11:13 pm

see below

Spoiler:
It one of those do this or else things.
Gin told Kir as a test to kill him. If Kir did not do as Gin said , then it be Kre getting killed, and the whole replant thing would have been for not.
You might think Gin thought something was going on and either setup the story to tell him or let her make it up herself.

Later
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » June 25th, 2009, 11:30 pm

I always wondered why Gin wasn't suspicious that Kir knew Akai's contact information. One explanation is that Akai kept a phone from his days in the org as Rye, but it seems odd that Akai would still have a cell phone that the org knows the number to. It would be dangerous to carry something like that around; organization hackers could infiltrate a telephone company to trace Akai's location using triangulation since they know the number. Maybe Kir made up a story like she overheard how to contact Akai while faking a coma... That's the only reasonable explanation I could come up with.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on June 26th, 2009, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
takiko

I'm takiko, not Takiko.

Postby takiko » June 26th, 2009, 7:52 am

Conan324 wrote:who said that she had known akai phone number, maybe gin gave her.

i agree... why would gin be so dumb??
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » June 26th, 2009, 11:58 am

Conan324 wrote:who said that she had known akai phone number, maybe gin gave her.

That only raises the question of how does Gin know Akai's number? He'd be even less likely to know it than Kir. And my tracking Akai using triangulation problem still isn't solved.
sstimson

Everyone a Critic

Postby sstimson » June 26th, 2009, 1:54 pm

Two Point since Gin told Kir to call, yes it is possible that he give the number.
But They know he is with the FBI so how about this:
Kir calls the FBI and she says she want to talk but she will only talk to him.
The FBI gives her the number.
and she calls it

Later
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
yukionna

Postby yukionna » June 26th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Another thing that bothers me is what she said to got Akai to come. She said "You're surprised aren't you? That I contacted you after returning to the Organization? [some more dialogue] It's become difficult to stay in the Organization... [more dialogue]"

Am I the only one who finds that suspicious? If she was in a coma the entire time, why would Akai help her in the first place? Moreover, saying that "it's difficult to stay in the Organization" shows that she was sent back there to infiltrate the Organization. Killing one FBI agent (even if it is the silver bullet) doesn't prove that she won't be passing information to the FBI.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » June 26th, 2009, 9:50 pm

yukionna wrote:Another thing that bothers me is what she said to got Akai to come. She said "You're surprised aren't you? That I contacted you after returning to the Organization? [some more dialogue] It's become difficult to stay in the Organization... [more dialogue]"

Am I the only one who finds that suspicious? If she was in a coma the entire time, why would Akai help her in the first place? Moreover, saying that "it's difficult to stay in the Organization" shows that she was sent back there to infiltrate the Organization. Killing one FBI agent (even if it is the silver bullet) doesn't prove that she won't be passing information to the FBI.

Akai knew that if he didn't come, Kir would be killed.
yukionna

Postby yukionna » June 26th, 2009, 11:49 pm

bluekaitou1412 wrote:
yukionna wrote:Another thing that bothers me is what she said to got Akai to come. She said "You're surprised aren't you? That I contacted you after returning to the Organization? [some more dialogue] It's become difficult to stay in the Organization... [more dialogue]"

Akai knew that if he didn't come, Kir would be killed.

I know that.

When Kir returned to the organization, she said the FBI thought she was in a coma the entire time. This means that she never talked to the FBI (implying, she never disclosed any secrets), but on the phone, she was speaking to Akai as if she really was sent back to relay info back to the FBI. Wouldn't that confirm Gin's suspicions about how Kir was so easily retrieved? So killing Akai, it would seem to me, would just be postponing her exposure as a snitch.
caribou

Postby caribou » June 27th, 2009, 10:05 am

Maybe it's because Gin knows that since the FBI were hiding her, they would have also offered to help her get out of the Organization in exchange for information. so maybe Kir talking in that way was to confirm Gin's suspicions that she had indeed made such a deal with the FBI, but her apparent murder of Akai was to show that she would still double-cross the FBI in the end (i.e. her loyalty still lies with the Organization).

possibly the BO would think that the FBI would not want to continue working with such a double-crosser, and so there would not be passing of information. also, they would not count on the FBI devising a plan to sacrifice their 'silver bullet' to maintain their lead in the BO.

you raise a good point though, and i also dont think Gin's suspicions have been totally erased. I don't think he's so easily fooled, even by Akai!
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

blurfbreg

Postby blurfbreg » June 30th, 2009, 2:47 pm

If Kir knew the FBI phone number, then that means that she has proved her resourcefulness in BO. If she can get information into the group(s) that are trying to destroy the BO, then BO can fight back and have even more intelligence into their surroundings.

Just my little thought on this issue.
Sleep tight; Don't let the bedbugs bite.