Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mohamed Ebrahem

Posts:
102

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

dccd wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 6:00 pm

I actually brought up the possibility of there being bo-twin-drivers, too.
For now I´ll call them Coca and Cola.
Lets dive into Goshos most famous twin-case: https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... nlucky_Day
If you look closely on Kenzo Akatsuka - one of the most important chars of this case - you recognize sth that should be familiar:
He has Wakitas moustache.

Yes , it really works ;)

But I think what happened in file 1066 can be explained through the farm case in files 1051 1052 1053 1054 , where we have two brothers who are very similar in appearance , as Conan said in the last page of file 1051 , so there is no problem that RUM's driver and Wakita's driver are two similar brothers .

In farm case also , the 56-year-old man disguised himself with a fake mustache , this man has the same age as Wakita , i mean some events happened in farm case were hints about what happened in last file 1066 .

For identity of people who are in RUM's car in file 1066 , I think their identity as follows :
1- RUM / Chikara Katsumata .

2 - The driver, I think he has a very high position in the organization , I mean he is much higher in position than his brother who drives Wakita's car . So it may be that this driver is for RUM like vodka for Gin , or this driver may be also Rum's bodyguard as well , because Rum does not trust many people even in BO .


3 - As for the third person next to the driver , this person only showed his ear , I mean this was the only person whose face we did not see clearly , so my expectation he is very important person in BO so Gosho did not show him completely , or let me say Obviously he is the most important person in the organization . Yes , I think he is Hyogo Kaneshiro , the current Boss of BO "Anokata" . As RUM's talk on phone that Anokata reprimanded him this time at dawn , it may be a hint that Anokata is the third hidden person in the car .
User avatar
rumsensei

Posts:
3

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by rumsensei »

quick weigh in about this so called Rum reveal:

Has Wakita been ((confirmed)) to be Rum in the last file? the short answer is no. I think there's a good chance we're being misled.

At the very basic level:
-He wasn't addressed as "Rum" by anyone.
-We didn't see the other end of his phone call, he could've been talking to anyone, having a different conversation from the one between Rum and the other members, but the context (and cut scene) made it seem otherwise. classic trick.
-The file title; "Rum", is no proof either. we never had a "Bourbon" or "Vermouth" file, and we certainly had multiple click-bait-y titles like "the culprit is Kudo Shinichi" before.

Now that this is out of the way, let's delve into the actual content of the file, and why it makes little sense relative to what we know about Rum so far.

According to Gin, Rum was the one who spread the rumors about themselves (old man, strong built man, and effeminate man) in order to conceal their real identity and mislead anyone who wants to investigate it. It was clearly stated that all of these rumors are FALSE except for the artificial eye part.
However, not only is Wakita an old man, his disguised persona is also that of an old man. so how does this help "Rum" evade suspicions? especially given that he's not trying to conceal his injured eye (he's rather emphasising it with the use of the eye patch) and his name is an easy giveaway. so if anything, Rum is drawing more attention his way.
Moreover, when Camel told Conan and the others the information he overheard, he only mentioned the part about the disguise and silly name. It seems like the author doesn't want the reader to make sense of this clear contradiction right away, but surely Camel won't miss the other important details. So the overall result we get is: Conan gets raw information about Rum, to analyze as he sees fit, while we get a premade conclusion on Rum's identity. So It's either that Conan is being misled with the "Rum is not an old man" info, or us, the readers, are being misled that he is!

Apparently, Wakita is the old man who exposed the FBI trap led by Shuichi 2 years ago. and apparently he's also Rum.
To me, it can only be one or the other, it makes no sense that the most secretive and cautious BO member would expose himself to such danger with only Korn as backup. not only that, but he also went with what seems to be no disguise whatsoever!
If they suspected a trap, then it makes more sense that a member in a LOWER position to Gin would be asked to go test the waters for him. Having Rum attend the meeting instead is very careless and also pretty pointless as it could have been done by literally anyone else with much lower risks and the same effect.
To make it even worse, Rum could have been captured by Shuichi easily (whom had already suspected the old man to be a trap and therefore didn't act as naively as Camel), Shuichi has been in the BO for 5 years so there was a high chance he had heard the rumors Rum spread about himself and acted against the suspicious "old man" who fit into one of Rum's criteria lol (as not to leave empty handed at least) yet Rum made no effort to disguise himself even a little to prepare for such scenario.

-Wakita being driven around in in a Rolls Royce and dropped off right in front of the BO's best detective's workplace (Cafe Poirot) and his own target, a famous detective's workplace, is simply just dumb. so much for keeping a low profile.
and to make it even weirder, he was also eager to show his "real face", his real voice, his disguise, and his workplace to the driver and bodyguard(?) that were with him in the car. As if these 2 are on the same level as Gin, to be trusted more than all the other code-named members.

I also find it confusing, how Rum suddenly realised he wanted to catch Camel alive and hear a lot from him. Rum was certainly eager to burn him alive with the island, and he never objected to Gin's orders to aim at his heart, or his failed attempt at throwing a grenade at him to confirm his death. so where did that sudden realisation come from? was it the fact that he was the guy from 2 years ago that sparked that "wish"? if he wasn't of any importance 2 years ago (he ordered Korn to shoot him) then why now?

I think that these points strengthen the possibility of this being a fake reveal, or for a twist at the very least, especially with everything ELSE from throughout the arc that disregards Wakita as a Rum suspect to begin with, but in case this is the real deal, then I just don't think Gosho has put enough effort into it this time, he might have been more focused on fitting in the surprise "throwback" character rather than the actual reveal making sense. since I trust Gosho's capabilities as a mystery writer, I will choose the former for now.
If you eliminate the impossible...
User avatar
Mohamed Ebrahem

Posts:
102

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

rumsensei wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 11:33 pm
I think that these points strengthen the possibility of this being a fake reveal, or for a twist at the very least, especially with everything ELSE from throughout the arc that disregards Wakita as a Rum suspect to begin with, but in case this is the real deal, then I just don't think Gosho has put enough effort into it this time, he might have been more focused on fitting in the surprise "throwback" character rather than the actual reveal making sense. since I trust Gosho's capabilities as a mystery writer, I will choose the former for now.
Don't worry , gosho as you think . There is absolutely no hope for Wakita to be RUM . I remember one of chapters or episodes is titled "The Substitute" , This may be a hint that Wakita is a subordinate or substitute for Rum , so Rum is actually using Wakita to conceal his true identity .

When Conan saw Wakita for the first time , Conan said that this person is probably Rum . Do you think revealing Rum's identity is that easy ? it seems Kuroda , Conan and Bourbon know that Wakita is BO . For me this is clear that Wakita intends to attract attention to him in an exaggerated manner in order for everyone to believe that Wakita is Rum , and this is what RUM wanted to hide his identity .

I don't think the old Man/Wakita was carrying a phone when he went to explore there was a trap or not . I think Rum ordered Wakita to hang a camera on his clothes like the one Gin put in Kir's neck when she was going to kill Akai .

The title of Chapter 1066 is "RUM" because Rum actually appeared in the form of a shadow . This is the first time we see Rum's car , driver and his healthy eye . Previously we only heard about Rum sending messages to Bourbon or talking to members of the organization by phone using a voice changer , but this is the first time that Rum appears himself .

Rum's shadow has a healthy right eye , so this excludes Wakasa and Kuroda . Gosho hid the affected eye completely so we wouldn't know if it was an artificial eye or a white one like Wakita's eye .

When the shadow of RUM appeared the sky was black and this is the same time when members of BO on the island , but Wakita appeared when the sky was white in the morning the time for work .

I don’t know why Rum is in his car at dawn and where he is going ? I would be very happy if he was going to play Shogi , I am just waiting for the third Chikara Katsumata appearance , I think it will be revealed in it that he is RUM . I hope he appears in the next chapters immediately ... I can't stand it any longer for file 1100 to reveal it .

The first appearance of Chikara Katsumata demonstrates he is cocky, impatient , hypocritical and very cautious in his dealings . His second appearance we know the arc case of killing the shogi player Haneda Kohji . In also his second appearance , there is important hint that Chikara is Carasuma , which is the password that Conan wanted to enter into the computer which is composed of eight characters , the same number of characters of the word "Karasuma" that was left at Kohji case scene .

Chikara Katsumata is like the protagonist of the story "Conan" in addition to Akai , all of them use a voice changer , faked death , live with a new identity , new face , wear glasses and have a silly name .

Also Chikara Katsumata uses Itakura program through his prosthetic eye , so he can cheat in playing and this explains his great intelligence (Movie 6 might have helped me but honestly I can't explain how ) . :) ;D
Last edited by Mohamed Ebrahem on January 15th, 2021, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rumsensei

Posts:
3

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by rumsensei »

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 3:03 pm
rumsensei wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 11:33 pm
I don’t know why Rum is in his car at dawn and where he is going ? I would be very happy if he was going to play Shogi , I am just waiting for the third Chikara Katsumata appearance , I think it will be revealed in it that he is RUM . I hope he appears in the next chapters immediately ... I can't stand it any longer for file 1100 to reveal it .
sorry but no. I'm not into the whole Chikara conspiracy thing at all. I don't think the possibility that Wakita is *not* the dark figure even though they're both practically in the same car at the same time, is one worth considering. So even if you were to still to hold on to your Chikara theory, you'd need to approach it from a different angle than that. I think it's practically settled that Wakita and the dark figure are the same person. the DC manga is not a game of spot the difference, if there were some sort of trick, it'd be smarter than that. that's what I think.
If you eliminate the impossible...
Reader

Posts:
89

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Reader »

Funny - how your statements don't match.
rumsensei wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 11:33 pm

Has Wakita been ((confirmed)) to be Rum in the last file? the short answer is no. I think there's a good chance we're being misled.

At the very basic level:
-He wasn't addressed as "Rum" by anyone.
-We didn't see the other end of his phone call, he could've been talking to anyone, having a different conversation from the one between Rum and the other members, but the context (and cut scene) made it seem otherwise. classic trick.
So you want to say Gosho introduced a continuity error just for the sake of the trick? That looks too complicated even for Gosho's standard. In the last file, the BO members are clearly seen thinking 'Rum' when he says 'how nostalgic'. And then we are cut to the black figure in the car that is talking about them doing a good job and 'killing the member the FBI tried to protect'. Now who was with them on the call all this while? Rum. And the black figure is talking about the incident as well. Hence the black figure is Rum.

Now,
rumsensei wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 6:47 pm
I think it's practically settled that Wakita and the dark figure are the same person.
If you say that, then that means the dark figure who is Rum is Wakita. Also this is obvious because Rum, before wearing the disguse of wakita, is shown thinking about that incident with camel. And this is too much of a coincidence if the dark figure and the man disguised as wakita are thinking about the same thing, and I am not even talking about the so called coincidences of the twin driver and what not.
In short, The dark figure is Rum is Wakita.

Though I agree with this:
rumsensei wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 11:33 pm

However, not only is Wakita an old man, his disguised persona is also that of an old man. so how does this help "Rum" evade suspicions? especially given that he's not trying to conceal his injured eye (he's rather emphasising it with the use of the eye patch) and his name is an easy giveaway. so if anything, Rum is drawing more attention his way.

-Wakita being driven around in in a Rolls Royce and dropped off right in front of the BO's best detective's workplace (Cafe Poirot) and his own target, a famous detective's workplace, is simply just dumb. so much for keeping a low profile.
and to make it even weirder, he was also eager to show his "real face", his real voice, his disguise, and his workplace to the driver and bodyguard(?) that were with him in the car. As if these 2 are on the same level as Gin, to be trusted more than all the other code-named members.

I also find it confusing, how Rum suddenly realised he wanted to catch Camel alive and hear a lot from him. Rum was certainly eager to burn him alive with the island, and he never objected to Gin's orders to aim at his heart, or his failed attempt at throwing a grenade at him to confirm his death. so where did that sudden realisation come from? was it the fact that he was the guy from 2 years ago that sparked that "wish"? if he wasn't of any importance 2 years ago (he ordered Korn to shoot him) then why now?
I agree there is more to this reveal then meets the eye, but the way it is set up, there is no way around Wakita = Rum.
User avatar
rumsensei

Posts:
3

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by rumsensei »

Reader wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 10:19 am
Do you want to say Gosho introduced a continuity error just for the sake of the trick? That looks too complicated even for Gosho's standard. In the last file, the BO members are clearly seen thinking 'Rum' when he says 'how nostalgic'. And then we are cut to the black figure in the car that is talking about them doing a good job and 'killing the member the FBI tried to protect'. Now who was with them on the call all this while? Rum. And the black figure is talking about the incident as well. Hence the black figure is Rum.
continuity error? not at all. there was a clear scene break even. this type of setup is used many times in the manga actually, to indicate a change in location or that some time has passed since the last scene, etc. After Rum says "that's a nostalgic story" we transition to a panel that features just a car to indicate where the next scene is taking place. and similarly, directly following Wakita's phone call we get a panel where it's just Kudo's house to indicate that we've now moved to a different place, although it's in no way connected to the panel just before it. They are separate scenes no matter how you look at it.
I'd say that the only connection we have is the context of the conversation Wakita was having, nothing more. If you see no room for other interpretations to that call then I guess there's no common ground to build on.

regardless, my point is:
Wakita = dark figure
however
dark figure ?? Rum ... not yet confirmed.

What could be happening is:
Rum was speaking to the other members about the incident from 2 years ago.
meanwhile, Wakita was having a different phone call with someone else, but based on the context of the rest of the file, we were led to believe it was the same conversation. Although it seems obvious to me that in this scenario, Wakita was ((apparently)) talking about the most recent events and how he was scolded for them, whereas Rum was just talking about how nostalgic the incident from 2 years ago was, so It's kind of a weird transition, to begin with.

but before you point out a contradiction in my statements, I don't think Wakita was necessarily talking about the "recent events" then.
He said he was scolded by "that person", which could be anyone.
"it was a little too noticeable", we just assumed he was referring to the island fire, but his words were much more vague and potentially deceptive.
"the man protected by the FBI was buried" is indeed the most crucial statement, but with a little out of the box thinking, this could lead to someone else other than Camel. a few possibilities even.

to illustrate my point a little, here's a throwback to a very misleading over the phone conversation from the Vermouth arc:

Image
when you first read "changed their appearance and are attending a school now", you immediately think of Conan or Haibara, especially when you get other seemingly confirmatory evidence like the scene where Vermouth throws a dart at a picture of Haibara, etc. What still applies but wouldn't occur to you at first glance though is that she was actually referring to Dr. Araide/real Vermouth.
If you eliminate the impossible...
User avatar
Mohamed Ebrahem

Posts:
102

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

Reader

It is clear as you say that the shadow is Rum ... but do you think the shadow is the same as Wakita ?
The left eye of a rum shadow is completely hidden , meaning if it is white, then Wakita is actually RUM . If it is artificial , then someone else is RUM who has left eye that looks like natural but fake like of Wakasa Rumi , but Wakasa has a healthy left eye , so she is excluded .

rumsensei

Do you believe we didn't think like you think ? Honestly your words that Wakita is talking to another person while the members of the organization were talking to the real Rum ... Actually this was my thinking from the beginning at time of the leaks , but once the whole chapter was released , I made sure the shadow is RUM because :

1- Differences in timing and people between Rum case and Wakita case . 2- The title of the chapter is Rum . 3- Gosho concealed the left eye of the shadow completely so it does not appear in it if it is white or artificial .

4- We did not know who is the third person next to the driver , we only saw his ear Meaning this third person is Anokata as i expect , while in Wakita's car , he appeared in the morning and we saw everyone who was in the car so I said Rum and Wakita own the same type of cars and they have similar drivers , but if you focus on the two drivers , they are different and not the same driver as you think .


While browsing about what matches my thoughts, I found ZeroZaki had written exactly what I wanted to say , so I will copy what he said and I agree with him in everything he wrote . The following words to the end are all quoted from Zerozaki :


1- The man other than the driver is different in both the cases . In Rum's case you can see his ear , while in Wakita's case the hair covers the ear plus he has an earpiece .

2- The driver has different hairstyle . In Rum's case the hair is thin and not braided , in Wakita's case it is different , braided and thick .

3- Rum's phone and Wakita's phone vary . Rum's phone is gray while Wakita's is whiteish .

4- We are yet to get the model number . We saw Rum's car from front on and Wakita's car from side on and a partial front on .

5- The flashback makes Wakita the old man not Rum .

6- The title of Chapter is "RUM" because Rum shadow appeared and planned the offensive for BO .

7-The color of the steering wheel is different .

8- Wakita's disguise doesn't mean he needs to be Rum .

9- The only way one can make Wakita Rum by assuming everything that doesn't add up is an error and everything which does add up is not error. Which sort of makes any argument vacuous and fallacious.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png


The only resemblance are :

Just like Wakita's Rum's left eye is lost .

Rum and Wakita both have droopy eyes.

Now the in manga contradiction

Rum is not old, womanly or big as they were false rumors spread by Rum himself. Which means it is a fact that Rum isn't old. But Wakita is old, even when the test of Rye happened he was old .

So this is a very bad reveal if it is a true reveal or just a herring. So in my opinion it's rather inconclusive but for argument's sake one can assume Wakita to be Rum.

Just some trivia about the shadowmen in general .......

The identity of shadow men can be revealed by their eyes but it's not something conclusive. During Policewoman serial murder case, the shadow man's eye didn't resemble the true culprit's eye .

In the same case Akai was shown as a shadowman but with his characteristic eyebags.
Reader

Posts:
89

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Reader »

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 12:37 pm
It is clear as you say that the shadow is Rum ... but do you think the shadow is the same as Wakita ?
See, the shadow figures are generally not given any distinctive features by Gosho. But this time, the jaw line is clearly visible, and hey, it matches exactly with Wakita's jawline. So in short, the shadow figure is Rum who later disguises Wakita.
As for the differences in the car interior:
Kor made a post not long ago highlighting the car seats with the real life car seats. And we can see that the difference is because of the viewing angle of the audience.
As for the steering wheel or the hidden ear of the passenger or the braided hair of the driver, I think this are minor stuff that Gosho might have overlooked and he will correct them in the volume version.
User avatar
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Posts:
710

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Reader wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 1:21 pm
and he will correct them in the volume version.
I doubt it. These are just simple errors and not really relevant to anything, so it probably won't get fixed. These are minor characters who are just drivers. Now if it were a plot centric character like Bourbon, we'd see the thousands of minor hair fixes like the volume of Scarlet Return got.

http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-155.html (last image of post)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
User avatar
Mohamed Ebrahem

Posts:
102

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

Iam not saying that these two drivers are brothers just to attract attention guys , but I say this for several reasons because I got used to Gosho that he gives hints about mysterious puzzles like this one in which many fans may differ But let me give an example , the fake death of Camel in coRAB was an introduction to fake Akai's death in episode 504 , so the same situation here :

1-Zerozaki showed how differently the drivers when focused well .
2- We had a hint from the farm chapters about having two brothers who are similars but not twins .
3- We have another hint in current chapters especially file 1062 , that FBI have similar brothers Tony and Mark , but not twins . So what is it introduction for ? it is introduction for having two similar brothers in the black organization and this is what we had in Chapter 1066 . But I can't make sure if they are not twins also as Sometimes gosho makes a slight difference between allusions and real events .


Trust me guys , I understand you very well and I know that Wakita is the first candidate to be RUM , but when you detail the facts well you feel there is something wrong : There is no single quality of Rum that matches Wakita , especially his high position , prosthetic eye, his extreme caution and impatience .

Wakita attracts attention to him so much that Conan suspected him from the first meeting .... We knew from Chapter 1061 that there was an FBI agent named Aaron who was pursuing a member of BO , frankly I would not be surprised if the member that was being watched was Wakita because everyone Knows he is BO .

If we assume Wakita is Rum ,, Wakita doing the same job now like Bourbon , so I'm sure you'd be upset guys if i assumed that Rum was equal as bourbon in BO position / rating . They even both went to Kudo Shinchi house as well .

Episode 219 explains that Carasuma is so impatient that he kills some people as a warning to others , so still my opinion that i can't change easily because I am sure it is true that Carasuma is RUM .

In this arc , it is repeated that Akai , Conan and Camel are not supposed to be in this world . So it is an introduction for Carasuma who is not supposed to be in this world too .

There is a lot of focus on Wakita from beginning , it reminds me of Jodie when she was raising suspicions so much more than usual that we were sure it was Vermouth, but one episode like Episode 345 revealed all the hidden facts that we knew nothing about Vermouth and how it was disguised as the innocent and good doctor Araide , I mean it was something unexpected at all , but when we were in Arc Vermouth we did not get used to Gosho style like now after 25 years .

So I expect Gosho will reveal many hidden facts in one very long case as happened in episode 345 and we will be surprised that Rum was the innocent and good shogi player while Wakita was his subordinate or substitute .
Kor
Administrator

Posts:
3041

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Kor »

Had tech problems so couldn't really post for the past few weeks.
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 7:42 pm
With the info we have now, I buy neither that Rum's just an old man with fake buckteeth nor that Momiji's butler is Rum... but these are the likeliest possibilities at this point. So I'm humoring both possibilities until more info comes out.

I suppose, taking my own biases into consideration, I'd find it a bit more interesting if there was a 4th suspect (in other words, I'd prefer it if there was more to the answer to the question of the identity of the titular BO member of this arc). So what about you? Would you rather Goshō play it straight and have Rum be no more than the old man from CoRaB, or would you rather Rum turn out to be Momiji's butler?
I won't sugarcoat my opinion on this. Momiji's butler has never been a likely possibility for Rum. As for my personal preference (even though that essentially doesn't really matter), there's never been a single point where I would have wanted for him to be Rum because he's the butler of some rich Kyoto girl who has the hots for Heiji so that would have been really really silly.
Reader wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 11:39 pm
About people getting upset over gosho confirming that all three descriptions were nothing but lies.
From the start, it was made clear in the story that the descriptions could be rumors. Still, many started fitting them into one personality.
These speculation makes sense because the author wants us to think that way. But that is what misdirection in mystery writing is all about.
It started with the description being rumors and ended with vodka confirming they were lies/rumors.
Not many considered that all the descriptions could be lies (myself included), but instead were set on to prove how each suspect (whether one of the three or anyone else) could fit into it. That included black tea, funny accent, playing shogi, bending knees, white eyebrows etc etc.
So in that respect, Gosho has managed to misdirect us succesfully and that only goes to show how good a mystery writer he is.
I disagree with your point about this showing that Gosho is a good mystery writer. Literally anyone could write a mystery story, present a clue, and later claim that the clue was actually a lie all along.

There were two main misdirections in this arc so far:

1) ASACA RUM
2) The three descriptions

The first one is acceptable as a misdirection because instead of the more obvious message (that Asaka and Rum could be the same person), it actually had a different message. The second one, though, has no other layer, it's just on the level of "it's been a fake hint lulz". Good mysteries are like puzzles, so here we were given a piece of the puzzle early on, only to be told right at the end that this piece would never actually fit into this puzzle. (not that we ever actually needed to know how it fits to solve Rum's identity, so it didn't completely screw us.)
Image
User avatar
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts:
1715

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 10:20 am
there's never been a single point where I would have wanted for him to be Rum because he's the butler of some rich Kyoto girl who has the hots for Heiji so that would have been really really silly.
So it'd be a less desirable outcome than what we ended up with? Can't imagine it's better by a significant factor.
Would being someone else's butler remove the silliness? Or is "the butler did it" a no go?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Unlucky Devil

Posts:
28

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Unlucky Devil »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 3:45 am
Kor wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 10:20 am
there's never been a single point where I would have wanted for him to be Rum because he's the butler of some rich Kyoto girl who has the hots for Heiji so that would have been really really silly.
So it'd be a less desirable outcome than what we ended up with? Can't imagine it's better by a significant factor.
Would being someone else's butler remove the silliness? Or is "the butler did it" a no go?
Well, the butler in this case is the butler of a minor character who is a rival to the love interest of a side character, so yes maybe in this one case, the butler didn't do it. The butler theory has not held any weight for me even despite reading all the theories posted on this forum about him. Rum had to, from the beginning, be one of the three presented characters.
Kor
Administrator

Posts:
3041

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Kor »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 3:45 am
Kor wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 10:20 am
there's never been a single point where I would have wanted for him to be Rum because he's the butler of some rich Kyoto girl who has the hots for Heiji so that would have been really really silly.
So it'd be a less desirable outcome than what we ended up with? Can't imagine it's better by a significant factor.
Would being someone else's butler remove the silliness? Or is "the butler did it" a no go?
The "what if" scenarios are of no interest to me (nor can they be realistically quantifiable in comparison to what we actually got). I can only interact with the series based on what actually happened, not based on some hypothetical scenario in which a minor butler character would have been the butler of someone else.
Image
Absenta

Posts:
66

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,061-1066

Post by Absenta »

Well for me Wakita is a Rum impersonator and moreover, I think that Wakita has a camera gadget implemented in his fake eye. The whole point of the RUM file is to explain that Wakita has something of Rum on him and that is, his eye. So yes, Gosho confirmed that Rum is among of the three suspects but that could imply that he is simply present through one of them.

Why would they go back to the case when they discover Akai with all this situation with Camel, I think that Gosho used the whole case to just present how Wakita has became Rum´s eye. Why would Rum himself go to that warehouse, he is nª2, but at the same time he is wise and close to the boss enough and needs to check this kind of stuff, on the other hand, when did Rum took this picture? For me it only makes sense that he made it through Wakita´s fake eye:

https://ibb.co/F4gwXsp

And then in the car when Gosho gives us this amazing shot from what we believe that is Wakita´s vision, well, it certainly is Wakita´s eye, but if you check you will see that vision angle it´s the left eye, not the right one. It´s like the area that right eye would cover is missing, for me that means that Gosho is introducing us in the vision of Wakita´s fake eye that Rum probably can see through.

https://ibb.co/JxXynLz

Organization has enough high technology to do this and it would make sense that Wakita is just the closest person to Rum and does the dirty field job for him. The reason that Wakita covers this fake eye is because a "camera eye" can´t hide that easily a camera, it would be detected.For me both Wakita and Rum are Karasumas, and probably brothers and I still believe that Rum is Chikara Katsumata, who has some resemblances to Wakita.
Post Reply