Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,058-1,060

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
blackmoon

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,058-1,060

Post by blackmoon »

BO's BIG move? Well... don't get too excited yet... they haven't even moved since RUM arc began and to wait until October for the next chapter I'm sure their "move" must be somewhat related to the movie release to boost up the movie popularity. ;)

just quoting the movie 24 trailer translation from this site:
https://aminoapps.com/c/detective-conan ... QNKNDozQR5
"Trailer Translation:
(Translation by Spimer from DCTP)
Akai: "That loathsome incident of 15 years ago..."
Akai: "Might happen again in Tokyo..."
Conan: "The apex of sports, held once every 4 years..."
Conan: "World Sports Games!"

Text: WORLD SPORTS GAMES (WGS)
Conan: "The nightmare is going to happen again!"
Text: Serial Abduction Cases

Haibara: "Run away! Kudou-kun!!"
Ran: "Shin... ichi..."
Conan: "Ran!"

Ran: "Help me!"
Conan: "Akai-san..."
Conan: "An emergency situation has come...!"

Akai: "Roger that..."

TOKYO JIHEN
THE ETERNAL ALIBI

Sera: "Conan-kun! What are you doing with that "someone"!?"
Mary: "Chase that car!"
Jodie: "The decisive battle will be... in the Hyper Linear!"
Conan: "It's (heading) for Tokyo at 1000km/h!?"

AKAI SHUUICHI
FBI INVESTIGATOR
HANEDA SHUUKICHI
PRO SHOGI PLAYER
SERA MASUMI
HIGH SCHOOL FEMALE DETECTIVE
MARY
MI6 INVESTIGATOR
THE AKAI FAMILY ASSEMBLES

Conan: "Sniping? It can't be!"
Conan: "He intends to kill the culprit!?"
Akai: "That boy seems to be different from us FBI..."

THE TORN APART FATES

Okiya: "It can't be..."
Mary: "I can't meet that child yet..."

THE FORBIDDEN ENCOUNTER

Conan: "When very dangerous persons are reunited..."
Conan: "The world will be set into motion!"
Shuukichi: "I see it... See how to win!"

Ran: "It's OK... Because I'll protect you..."
I'LL PROTECT YOU
Conan: "That's not it, right? The one who'll protect you is..."
Conan: "Me...!"

Conan: "Detective Conan, the Movie! The Scarlet Bullet!"
Conan: "Wait, Akai-san!!"
Akai: "Reach... To far, far away...!"

"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

blackmoon wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am
BO's BIG move? Well... don't get too excited yet... they haven't even moved since RUM arc began and to wait until October for the next chapter I'm sure their "move" must be somewhat related to the movie release to boost up the movie popularity. ;)
6 months in advance? DC's pace may be slow, but if there's a movie popularity case, it would take place in March/April, I think.
Kor wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 8:00 am
Not to be pessimistic, but I sure hope the show will truly begin next case and not in 40 chapters :-X

As for how the events seemingly transpired... eh... it's kinda stupid, honestly. Not the Vermouth pretending to be Kid pretending to be Yusaku, I can live with that, I guess. But Yusaku foreseeing the entire food poisoning plot and going along with it is just a weird story to tell. And Conan, the protagonist, ended up being excluded from a BO plot.
Well, it's the sidenote text... I'm not sure Goshō writes them. But if this sidenote isn't exaggerating, that means "the opening act" took roughly 3 or 5 years (depending on whether you consider the start of such the beginning of the whole arc in June 2014 or the beginning of this Yusaku takes charge portion in December 2017).

Eh, seems the ultimate and ironic extension of the "figure the plan out yourself or get left in the dark" approach Shinichi's/Conan's been going with.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 11:08 am
writes them. But if this sidenote isn't exaggerating, that means "the opening act" took roughly 3 or 5 years (depending on whether you consider the start of such the beginning of the whole arc in June 2014 or the beginning of this Yusaku takes charge portion in December 2017).
I'm pretty sure the text referred just to this case as the "opening act", not to everything that came before since the start of the Rum arc.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Kor wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am
writes them. But if this sidenote isn't exaggerating, that means "the opening act" took roughly 3 or 5 years (depending on whether you consider the start of such the beginning of the whole arc in June 2014 or the beginning of this Yusaku takes charge portion in December 2017).
I'm pretty sure the text referred just to this case as the "opening act", not to everything that came before since the start of the Rum arc.
Right. It would be equivalent to Scarlet prologue (which funnily enough involves Vermouth fooling a character with a disguise as well).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Mrshudson75

Post by Mrshudson75 »

August 21st, 2020, 9:19 pm
Mrshudson75 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:12 pm
Long since I wrote here :) Just saw the new spoilers from 1060. Did anybody notice that Vermoth is wearing the same shirt as Yusaku? :O
Her shirt has stripes—neither of the Yusakus did, so it seems she just changed outfits for the meeting with Gin and Vodka.
Oh but Yusaku has a shirt with stripes on in the first pages of 1058. Acctualy when Vermoth just finds out that he is going go be in the show. :) Look again.
Reader

Post by Reader »

Check and compare the collar of yusaku and vermouth's shirt. The stripe pattern is different. Telling us that Vermouth was not yusaku .
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

MeiTanteixX wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 12:03 pm
Kor wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am
Right. It would be equivalent to Scarlet prologue (which funnily enough involves Vermouth fooling a character with a disguise as well).
Ah. That was not my first thought, but yes, it seems the most probable.
Incidentally, next file will be the 163rd File of the Rum arc, putting it 13 Files away from becoming the 3rd longest arc in the series. (1st: Bourbon arc, 277 Files; 2nd: Vermouth arc, 197 Files; 3rd: Conan arc, 175 Files; 4th: Rum arc, 162 Files)
Mrshudson75 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:12 pm
Oh but Yusaku has a shirt with stripes on in the first pages of 1058. Acctualy when Vermoth just finds out that he is going go be in the show. :) Look again.
Ah, so that's what you were talking about. Thanks for clarifying.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,058-1,06X

Post by Kor »

August 22nd, 2020, 9:42 pm
Incidentally, next file will be the 163rd File of the Rum arc, putting it 13 Files away from becoming the 3rd longest arc in the series.
A few more months and it's the longest arc, time-wise.

While I still maintain that the events of this case are a bit too random and absurd, I do have to give props to this post for predicting the outcome at least partly :-X
vaibhavgupte wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 8:18 am
whatver happens in fake yusaku thing.
my comments are following:
1) First of all this is not a joke. i.e. nobody like yukiko or subaru is joking by wearing yusaku disguise
I think this is serious bo thing.
2) why subaru isnt here. I guess bo agent disguised as yusaku has fallen into trap set by shuichi bourbon and yusaku.
3) I am sure this is start of bo series in volume 100.
4) Although there is a method I can think through which gosho can preserve status quo even after this lol.
lets hope for best
Reader

Post by Reader »

Apparently the joke is on us. How dare we assume that yusaku got a flier in the mail, went eating and fell ill.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Vermouth's plan is so weird, though. There's absolutely zero guarantee a person will go to a restaurant upon receiving a flyer in the mail. It doesn't even sound like a normal people behavior.

Is there any other extreme example of Gosho practically pulling the rug from under the reader's feet with no proper buildup for a twist? (at least I assume there's no proper buildup in 1059 either considering what's been translated of it so far)
vaibhavgupte

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,058-1,06X

Post by vaibhavgupte »

Kor wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 5:34 am
August 22nd, 2020, 9:42 pm
Incidentally, next file will be the 163rd File of the Rum arc, putting it 13 Files away from becoming the 3rd longest arc in the series.
A few more months and it's the longest arc, time-wise.

While I still maintain that the events of this case are a bit too random and absurd, I do have to give props to this post for predicting the outcome at least partly :-X
vaibhavgupte wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 8:18 am
whatver happens in fake yusaku thing.
my comments are following:
1) First of all this is not a joke. i.e. nobody like yukiko or subaru is joking by wearing yusaku disguise
I think this is serious bo thing.
2) why subaru isnt here. I guess bo agent disguised as yusaku has fallen into trap set by shuichi bourbon and yusaku.
3) I am sure this is start of bo series in volume 100.
4) Although there is a method I can think through which gosho can preserve status quo even after this lol.
lets hope for best
thanks kor for giving props.
this was my guess on seeing 1058 spoilers. till then I didnt knew that kid was mentioned in case.
later when I saw third yusaku behaviour like kid. I also fell in gosho trap to beleive that was kid.
I forgot vermouth could copy personalities in disguise . like she did in araide case upto point that araide thught that the person disguising him was actually a good person.

but yes I agree with you that this starting of bo seroes is very weird and looks random.

it would look more concrete imo if yusaku appearing on tv at start itself was also plan to lure bo. but it wasnt.
but yes since he was on tv. kudo couple were on alert from the start.

also imo if vermy disguised as yukiko instead of yusaku she could have learnt akai is alive directly.
coz conan mentioned in from that yukiko that
" subaru akai " . this could give plot more boost .
than yusaku being vermouth.

but yeah this double disguise by vermouth wasnt too bad as well.
and gosho kept consistency in fact from vermouth arc that vermouth can even copy personalities.
vaibhavgupte

Post by vaibhavgupte »

Kor wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 11:08 am
Vermouth's plan is so weird, though. There's absolutely zero guarantee a person will go to a restaurant upon receiving a flyer in the mail. It doesn't even sound like a normal people behavior.

Is there any other extreme example of Gosho practically pulling the rug from under the reader's feet with no proper buildup for a twist? (at least I assume there's no proper buildup in 1059 either considering what's been translated of it so far)
a hint in 1058 was that in the tv schedule after yusaku program it was mentioned: " xxx case: a sudden encounter: what will be the fate of the pair "

this sudden encounter looked bo hint to me.
and xxx was vermouth hint.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Speaking of Akai being alive, so not only that Jodie and Camel know, and that Amuro and his colleagues know, and that even Shuukichi knows, now also random FBI agents are apparently privy to this information. Did Akai just stop caring about Kir, or they've come to the conclusion the BO is just incompetent enough to not find out so it doesn't matter how many know of the secret? :-X
vaibhavgupte

Post by vaibhavgupte »

Kor wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 12:16 pm
Speaking of Akai being alive, so not only that Jodie and Camel know, and that Amuro and his colleagues know, and that even Shuukichi knows, now also random FBI agents are apparently privy to this information. Did Akai just stop caring about Kir, or they've come to the conclusion the BO is just incompetent enough to not find out so it doesn't matter how many know of the secret? :-X
true . at this point bo is looking like a joke in front of yusaku akai pair. hope rum brings some wisdom for bo to keep
them at yusaku and akai level.
DCUniverseAficionado

Kor wrote:
Did Akai just stop caring about Kir, or they've come to the conclusion the BO is just incompetent enough to not find out so it doesn't matter how many know of the secret? :-X
Akai? Try Goshō. At the very least, he's de-prioritized her to the point that she's appeared just once (and it's only in the background for one panel of one of Shinichi's/Conan's internal monologues) in the past 11 years. I guess the fact that she appeared in Movie 20 means that she hasn't suffered Araide's fate in Gosho's mind yet (he admitted he forgot about Araide), but that's it.
vaibhavgupte wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 1:52 pm
Kor wrote:
the BO is just incompetent enough to not find out so it doesn't matter how many know of the secret? :-X
true . at this point bo is looking like a joke in front of yusaku akai pair. hope rum brings some wisdom for bo to keep
them at yusaku and akai level.
Basically outside certain characters (i.e., Yusaku), there's going to be a risk of selective intelligence drops for the sake of the outcome Goshō has in mind (be that outcome a victory for Team Kudō and the intelligence agencies, or a victory for the BO, or the classic status quo ante bellum).
And there'll be no scenarios like background BO underling #23 seeing Shūichi alive—background characters like that seem to be there for a sense of scale, rather than, "oh, one of these background FBI characters will be the direct cause of the BO finding out Shūichi alive".
Goshō's priority doesn't seem to be, "oh, they're contradicting themselves by bringing in more people... consequence time!" Instead, it seems to me that Goshō prioritizes the reveal of "ah, they fooled their allies" part over something like "limit the secret no matter what". In other words, Goshō will gladly face a contradiction in terms of the latter just to have another reveal of the former.