Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,043-1,046

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,043-1,046

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

blackmoon wrote:Well... not exactly related to this thread but in file 1045 we also get a glimpse of poster for the next Conan movie M24, which showed the reunion of the Akai family~ so wonder if papa Akai would also appear in the movie? ;D
But.... just for fun really liked the idea of this fan created movie trailer with a crazy title for M24: ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMKQqqHzLPY
The title sequence and the two posters were pretty good for fan work, I'd say.
blackmoon wrote:Now for something a bit more related to the chapter, what do you think about the part in 1045 where it was mentioned someone pouring ice-cream over steamed rice? Would that be any hint? ::)
What page was that on?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: What page was that on?
it was page 9 on the original i think... some comment about it's not like ice-cream is curry...
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1,046 spoiler pics are now out. Translations are pending.
Spoiler:
The culprit is Kōsuke Hishinuma. He is tranquilized by Shinichi/Conan.

Shinichi/Conan, Shūichi and Shūkichi then have a conversation about the case, as well as mentioning Mary and Yumi. The case ends with a BO tease on the last panel.
Detective Conan will return with File 1,047 in Shōnen Sunday #13, which will release on the week of February 24th, so we can expect 1,047 spoilers around February 21st, at the earliest. In other words, starting next week, we will have a 9 week break.

UPDATE:
Here are some translations of the spoiler pics, courtesy of Fujiwara:
Spoiler:
Page 14
Panel 2
Akai: Camel?
Akai: While I take the car and go drop off the murderer at the police station…
Akai: I’d like you to take care of something for me…
Panel 3
Akai: One window pane…
Akai: And a bullet lodged in the wall…
Shūkichi: Thanks, Conan-kun!

Page 16
Panel 3
Shūkichi: More importantly…
Shūkichi: About Mom…
Panel 4
Shūkichi: She refuses to meet my girlfriend…
Shūkichi: And she also won’t pick up the phone…
Akai: You didn’t tell her that I’m alive, did you?
Panel 5
Shūkichi: I didn’t…
Akai: Don’t worry…
Akai: You’ll be able to meet Mom eventually…
Panel 6
Akai (internal monologue): Once the mist of *those people,* which hides the truth…
Akai (internal monologue): Has cleared up…
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)