Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,027-1031

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,027-1031

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first three days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Summaries of 1,027 are out:

From Manaphy:
Spoiler:
"Kogoro decides to go to Nagano after receiving a request/job !
With Amuro & Co, Conan goes to where the sender is, but...!?
The exciting long series starts !"
From Anthony:
Spoiler:
"In this chapter, the Mouri family (supposedly Kogorou, Ran & Conan) go to somewhere by train. Kogorou, Conan, Amuro & the small-moustache ojisan wearing the eye patch (Wakita Kanenori) are seen together. After arriving at an annex (hotel), 5 key side characters of the new case are introduced."
And courtesy of Mak, we know this case will be 5 files long.

UPDATE:
1,027 spoiler pics are now out.

No break next week—we can expect 1,028 spoilers this time next week.

UPDATE (#2):
Already, we have a 1,028 preview, courtesy of Holmes [真呈亜]:
Spoiler:
"Conan and Amuro getting a gorgeous magazine cover!"

"Melting the snow, too...
...that burning couple..."

"In the snow, trapped in the church building in Nagano, the four—Conan, Kogoro, Amuro and Wakita—at first request to be picked up...!?"
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,027-1031

Post by Spimer »

Explanation of the case:
Spoiler:
Well, basically, Kogoro got a letter and emails from a guy who told him to solve a friend's suicide which might be a murder since there's this mysterious cypher found at the feet of the hung man. For some reason, he's told to bring 4 people with him. Initially, Ran and Sonoko were going to come along but Sonoko suddenly got fever so Ran stays to keep her company. She suggested to Amuro to replace her since the Café Poirot owner and Azusa were going on a trip and the café would be closed in the meanwhile. Wakita suddenly appears, saying he wants to come along with his "master" too.

The 4 of them pick the "Super Azusa" train to go to Nagano and reach and an abandoned church where the client cited them at. There they find a group of 5 who were in the same high school and who've gathered to say farewell to someone. But when Kogoro announces the name of his client, they are startled because the name is that of the person who suicided in the same church 2 months before

Suddenly, the wooden platform that served as parking creaks and breaks, dropping the cars parked there to the valley below. Kogoro and co find that the "parking" sign looks too new compared to the rest of the church so they suspect someone purposely did that to isolate the group there

Also, each group member claims that one of them told them to come but they begin to accuse each other of having sent the email telling them so and come full circle which means that one or more among them are lying. Wakita saying he's getting excited because this feels like the ideal conditions for serial murders to happen

Sheet with the "code" (6x6 grid filled with katakana)
Top row: "Ru-Ki-Se-Da-Ya-su
2nd row: "Fu-Ra-Re-Ya(small)-Pu-Do"
3rd row: "Shi-Bo-Pi-Mi-U-Ku"
4th row: "ーBa-Ki-Sa-Shi-Ka"
5th row: "Chi-I-N-Yu(small)-Ta-Tsu(small)"
Bottomost row: "To-Pa-E(small)-A(small)-Yo(small)-A"

Case characters:
Nichihara Taisei AKA Nicchi (Age unknown) (Supposedly the client, actually suicided by hanging in the old church 2 months before)
Fujide Raito (27) High school teacher
Wada Kouhei (28) Salaryman
Koura Ikue (27) OL (Office Lady)
Kawasaki Yousuke (28) Bank teller
Nishino Sumiya (28) Bartender
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

Spimer wrote:Explanation of the case:
Spoiler:
Well, basically, Kogoro got a letter and emails from a guy who told him to solve a friend's suicide which might be a murder since there's this mysterious cypher found at the feet of the hung man. For some reason, he's told to bring 4 people with him. Initially, Ran and Sonoko were going to come along but Sonoko suddenly got fever so Ran stays to keep her company. She suggested to Amuro to replace her since the Café Poirot owner and Azusa were going on a trip and the café would be closed in the meanwhile. Wakita suddenly appears, saying he wants to come along with his "master" too.

The 4 of them pick the "Super Azusa" train to go to Nagano and reach and an abandoned church where the client cited them at. There they find a group of 5 who were in the same high school and who've gathered to say farewell to someone. But when Kogoro announces the name of his client, they are startled because the name is that of the person who suicided in the same church 2 months before

Suddenly, the wooden platform that served as parking creaks and breaks, dropping the cars parked there to the valley below. Kogoro and co find that the "parking" sign looks too new compared to the rest of the church so they suspect someone purposely did that to isolate the group there

Also, each group member claims that one of them told them to come but they begin to accuse each other of having sent the email telling them so and come full circle which means that one or more among them are lying. Wakita saying he's getting excited because this feels like the ideal conditions for serial murders to happen

Sheet with the "code" (6x6 grid filled with katakana)
Top row: "Ru-Ki-Se-Da-Ya-su
2nd row: "Fu-Ra-Re-Ya(small)-Pu-Do"
3rd row: "Shi-Bo-Pi-Mi-U-Ku"
4th row: "ーBa-Ki-Sa-Shi-Ka"
5th row: "Chi-I-N-Yu(small)-Ta-Tsu(small)"
Bottomost row: "To-Pa-E(small)-A(small)-Yo(small)-A"

Case characters:
Nichihara Taisei AKA Nicchi (Age unknown) (Supposedly the client, actually suicided by hanging in the old church 2 months before)
Fujide Raito (27) High school teacher
Wada Kouhei (28) Salaryman
Koura Ikue (27) OL (Office Lady)
Kawasaki Yousuke (28) Bank teller
Nishino Sumiya (28) Bartender
Spoiler:
From what I understood, the Café Poirot owner and a friend of his went on a trip, not Azusa. Amuro just said Azusa had some plans for the days off. And what do you mean by the "Super Azusa" train ? lol
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

The Super Azusa / Azusa is the name of a train service connecting Tokyo and Nagano Prefecture.

Also
Spoiler:
You're right, I was mistaken about why Azusa is not coming.
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

Like the case where Wakita is introduced, in this case, Wakita
Spoiler:
is squatting again as he stands. It's especially interesting, since we've already had KID cases during the Rum arc where that's repeatedly mentioned as part of his disguise, to fake being someone shorter.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

PhantomWriter wrote:Like the case where Wakita is introduced, in this case, Wakita
Spoiler:
is squatting again as he stands. It's especially interesting, since we've already had KID cases during the Rum arc where that's repeatedly mentioned as part of his disguise, to fake being someone shorter.
Curiouser and curiouser...

1,028 spoiler pics are now out, as is a summary (courtesy of Baka):
Spoiler:
"That paper with the floor plan was stuck in the inner side of the chapel and has a message signed by the dead Nichihara
Also, the Nagano police can't get to the building because the tunnel has been blocked by a avalanche
The paper says the following: "If you want to hold a memorial service, go to the places indicated below, and one by one, gather words of condolence"
Also, Amuro suggests using the cards to allow people to choose where they want to go to
If they all pick the same numbers they'll go by the order of the decks (spade, heart, diamond, club)"
And just like the last time we got a cipher like this (1,000–1,005/927–928), the cipher seems to have already been cracked (this Japanese fan deduction was imparted to us by Mycroft):
https://justpaste.it/67412
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

Nagano huh? Seems like Nagano's getting pretty important location wise
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

thriceplus wrote:Nagano huh? Seems like Nagano's getting pretty important location wise
Considering that Scotch's brother lives there... and everybody that doesn't like Koumei likes Kan-chan who both are from Nagano, so don't be surprised ;). I'm kinda waiting both both Koumei and Kan-chan to appear at the end of this case, maybe something interesting (especially Koumei) they wll have to say. Especially that both of them are the only ones to not consider Conan a child.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

So if we believe that Rum is Wakita, then Bourbon's hanging out with his boss.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

thriceplus wrote:So if we believe that Rum is Wakita, then Bourbon's hanging out with his boss.
more importantly, the higher-up would be acting like the newbie.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

PhantomWriter wrote:Like the case where Wakita is introduced, in this case, Wakita
Spoiler:
maybe he has some sort of injury
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

1027 p4 did Amuro say best apprentice or number one apprentice?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

"Ichiban" can mean "best" or "first" or "number one". In this case it might be "number one" since he's the first apprentice.
DCUniverseAficionado

Courtesy of Baka and presumenothing, we now have a short summary of 1,029 from Chinese fans:
Spoiler:
"Kogoro sends a picture to Koumei who notices something. Amuro and Conan (?) are doing something about the case in the toilet. The glasses guy (Kawasaki?) is the next who should die."
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Spoilers for file 1029 have emerged
Spoiler:
Conan asks Amuro about whether he's met RUM. Amuro answers in a roundabout way, saying that if he'd met RUM then Conan would start to check people Amuro relates with, and if he replies that he hasn't met RUM, he'd be wary of unknown persons approaching either Conan or Amuro. In the end he simply gives him a hint: RUM is "very impatient".

Also, Kogoro sends the Nagano police a video of the crime scene and Koumei reacts to seeing Amuro in the background, thinking he's seen him somewhere before.

Also, next victim is Fujide, the bank employee with glasses. He's poisoned with potassium cyanide but there's no reaction from the water in the bottle he was drinking. A new cipher is found next to him too. (Possibly indicating the next crime will be in the study / library).