Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,027-1031

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
blackmoon

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,027-1031

Post by blackmoon »

while not directly related to this Chapter... it seems that the proverb "Time is money" used by RUM is in English instead of the Chinese proverb used by Komei to describe time being worth a thousand gold or something...

According to Manga source: Volume 39: Files 6-8 (398-400)

"Agasa reveals that he knew Haibara's father Professor Miyano through meeting him at conventions. He describes him a friendly man who complimented his inventions. But his wife was the strange one. Her name was Elena and Agasa had heard that she met professor Miyano when she came from England to Japan to study."

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... _Be_Bought

Just makes me wonder what is Elena & Mary & Akai family's relationship\connection with England since it was most likely that Mary shrank when she and Sera went to England despite knowing there is nowhere safe to go after Tsutomu went missing? So it's not totally out of the box to assume that RUM may be associated with England and possibly was responsible for Mary's shrinking while she was in England. Given the quick wit and reflexes Mary demonstrated in prior chapters, it seems that it would not be easy to trick or ambush on a woman well-trained in both alertness and combat like her, so... if it was RUM's doing that she shrank... would we be underestimating his\her ability to be able to trick someone like Mary by simply assuming that he\she is a rash and reckless person who screwed up on the mission 17 years ago? ???
Last edited by blackmoon on March 21st, 2019, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Another question would be why is there a NEED for RUM to have Bourbon investigate Shinichi in the first place? Even if RUM suspects Bourbon to be a disloyal undercover rat, was there a reason for him\her to have doubts and not trust BO's internal record of Shinichi being labelled as dead and suspect him to be alive? Say if the BO truly believes Sherry to be dead and blown up in the train, would they further investigate such a person listed as dead on BO's official records? Then what could have made RUM suspect Shinichi to still be alive? If for example he\she was aware and saw with his\her own eyes that the target of elimination (Mary Sera) shrank and escaped instead of being poisoned to death after feeding her the APTX drug capsule? ::)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

blackmoon wrote:Another question would be why is there a NEED for RUM to have Bourbon investigate Shinichi in the first place? Even if RUM suspects Bourbon to be a disloyal undercover rat, was there a reason for him\her to have doubts and not trust BO's internal record of Shinichi being labelled as dead and suspect him to be alive? Say if the BO truly believes Sherry to be dead and blown up in the train, would they further investigate such a person listed as dead on BO's official records? Then what could have made RUM suspect Shinichi to still be alive? If for example he\she was aware and saw with his\her own eyes that the target of elimination (Mary Sera) shrank and escaped instead of being poisoned to death after feeding her the APTX drug capsule? ::)
But what would Bourbon really report? Officially he doesnt know that people can shrink, so the only thing he could report is that Shinichi died.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
dccd

Post by dccd »

So why Wakita's fingerprint is suddenly needed?
Do Kuroda/Amuro wants to confirm that whether Wakita is a certain someone or not?
There are only two persons whose fingerprint can be lifted from the crime scene(Kohji case as that is very relevant)
Rum is a pro assassin so Rum won't leave evidence behind, so Asaka and Tsutomu are two very likely options.
So whether Wakita is Asaka suspect in NPA's eye or a Tsutomu suspect?
For story-development.
They want to.
Tsutomu is a pro agent so Tsutomu wont leave evidence/traces behind, so Rum and Asaka are two very likely options.
I mean... for story-development reasons its kinda clear that Rum is gonna be the target and rather not Asaka.
Furthermore: Rum failed, confirmed.
Furthermore: Since Rumi is ur Rum-pick atm:
Rumi is carrying the shogi stone with her. Does that look like a pro assasin to u, who is carrying the piece of evidence in her backpocket for everyone to see?

Still nice catch - Wakitas fingerprints will reveal that he was there 17 years ago.
As Rums underling, hopefully ;).
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

dccd wrote:Rumi is carrying the shogi stone with her. Does that look like a pro assasin to u, who is carrying the piece of evidence in her backpocket for everyone to see?
Maybe Rum keeps it as a memento of his failed mission. Who knows, maybe Rum is sentimental?
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

dccd wrote:
So why Wakita's fingerprint is suddenly needed?
Do Kuroda/Amuro wants to confirm that whether Wakita is a certain someone or not?
There are only two persons whose fingerprint can be lifted from the crime scene(Kohji case as that is very relevant)
Rum is a pro assassin so Rum won't leave evidence behind, so Asaka and Tsutomu are two very likely options.
So whether Wakita is Asaka suspect in NPA's eye or a Tsutomu suspect?
For story-development.
They want to.
Tsutomu is a pro agent so Tsutomu wont leave evidence/traces behind, so Rum and Asaka are two very likely options.
I mean... for story-development reasons its kinda clear that Rum is gonna be the target and rather not Asaka.
Furthermore: Rum failed, confirmed.
Furthermore: Since Rumi is ur Rum-pick atm:
Rumi is carrying the shogi stone with her. Does that look like a pro assasin to u, who is carrying the piece of evidence in her backpocket for everyone to see?

Still nice catch - Wakitas fingerprints will reveal that he was there 17 years ago.
As Rums underling, hopefully ;).
Yes, the story development needs this because Wakita's fingerprints and the motivation of Kuroda/Amuro is a driver of this story, which implies it is very important for story development.(So why did you waste a sentence to showcase a trivial answer?)

I thought that you would only say Kohji killer.
Rum failed doesn't mean Rum's fingerprints would be around the scene.

Someone wrote the dying message "Carasuma" so the mirror will have fingerprints.
The dead man didn't write it because (writing the message, then throwing away the scissors and then picking up the shogi piece again and then getting the scissors.) sounds plain impractical and hilarious.

Rumi holding the shogi piece only proves to me that Rumi wants to catch the Kohji killer who very well might not be Rum but an important witness who had seen Rum, hence Rumi's interest.

Wakita is the person who is most likely to have created the message "CARASUMA" 17 years ago as someone had already stolen the shogi piece.

Plus why Wakita is bending his knees and neck to mask his true height.
Well that is a sign of a pro agent using a persona.