Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-1026

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
carikdrama

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-1026

Post by carikdrama »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Zerozaki4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
So chances are the two remaining suspects are only Make Up artst and the director.
Spoiler:
Yeah, he's my second choice for the killer after her.
EDIT:
We just got 1,025 spoilers, courtesy of Mycroft:
Spoiler:
"In this chapter we will see flashback of Miyano family , we gonna see "Shiho" , and the story behind "Mery" shrinking and "Masumi's" reaction back then"
EDIT (#2):
Break next week—we can expect 1,026 spoilers (and the conclusion of this case) around January 4th.

EDIT (#3):
1,025 spoiler pics are now out...
Spoiler:
And they reveal that Mary shrank in London. After she told Masumi she was going to meet with Tsutomu, she went to do that... and came back shrunk.

And then... there's some thoughts from Shiho/Ai about the whole drug conundrum, where she claims that one of the drugs her parents made was the one that would go on to shrink her and Shinichi—so I presume this means that the de-aging part of the APTX that she made as Sherry came from their data that was left behind from that fire. We still need more pages—more context—here.

So, based on this findings, Koji Haneda might have shrunk to kid rather than presumed dead.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

carikdrama wrote:So, based on this findings, Koji Haneda might have shrunk to kid rather than presumed dead.
He looks pretty dead to me (File 987/Episode 909).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
dccd

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-102X

Post by dccd »

He´s related to the Akais.

So its somewhere in his nature to know how to fake his death.
*grim* *elmo*
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

dccd wrote:He´s related to the Akais.

So its somewhere in his nature to know how to fake his death.
*grim* *elmo*
But back then he was just a chess player. Kinda like Shuukichi who doesn't appear to be connected to the main plot (except being in Akai's family).
Spoiler:
We probably must see the entire chapter, but I hope Conan finally will admit before Sera that he's Shinichi and the plot will move on from here on. Maybe the reason why he doesn't want to admit that yet is that there are Ran and Sonoko there and he doesn't want them to know the truth, but privately with Sera he will confirm that theory.

In theory, instead of pretending that nothing happened, Conan should react somehow to the fact that someone has figured out his identity... But this is Detective Conan manga after all, and super-uber inteligent and smart kid might ignore the fact that someone knows who he is despite the laws of physics...

What intrigues me is how Ai mentions something about a drug while the DB can hear that. Generally they don't know anything about a drug, and she was risking that any of them might ask "what drug?", not to mention that they might be too interested in who AI's parents were (and why they died) if they have worked on a drug... But maybe she was saying that only to Agasa while the DB were gone.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
champagne

Post by champagne »

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
What intrigues me is how Ai mentions something about a drug while the DB can hear that. Generally they don't know anything about a drug, and she was risking that any of them might ask "what drug?"
Spoiler:
Judging from the spoilers, Ai doesn't talk about the drug, but only mentions that her father was part of a drug development team - I guess most people would think they were just working on the usual pharmaceuticals. She just thinks about "the drug", but doesn't say it out loud.
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
not to mention that they might be too interested in who Ai's parents were (and why they died) if they have worked on a drug... But maybe she was saying that only to Agasa while the DB were gone.
Spoiler:
I think that's why she ends up saying "Ah, this story is quite boring, don't you think? Could you forget about it?" Obviously she wouldn't want to talk about the BO.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

champagne wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
What intrigues me is how Ai mentions something about a drug while the DB can hear that. Generally they don't know anything about a drug, and she was risking that any of them might ask "what drug?"
Spoiler:
Judging from the spoilers, Ai doesn't talk about the drug, but only mentions that her father was part of a drug development team - I guess most people would think they were just working on the usual pharmaceuticals. She just thinks about "the drug", but doesn't say it out loud.
Spoiler:
Still, when one says "a drug", most of people will think about something illegal. But what's strange is that Ai generally doesn't like to talk about her past, and avoids anything that would be even slightly connected to the BO, and yet she here mentioned the drug and didn't even try to cover it using some other words "Ai: As part of a drug develeopment team...".

What's kinda more strange is how the DB ignore some facts that Ai exactly knows what happened 30 years ago (a 7 yo child generally doesn't recognize such of things; my boy turned 8 in the middle of November, and he isn't that smart and knowledgeable), and also how old Ai parents had to be when Ai was born?
champagne

Post by champagne »

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
Still, when one says "a drug", most of people will think about something illegal. But what's strange is that Ai generally doesn't like to talk about her past, and avoids anything that would be even slightly connected to the BO, and yet she here mentioned the drug and didn't even try to cover it using some other words "Ai: As part of a drug development team...".
Spoiler:
But the "drug development team" she's talking about here is the one from White Dove Pharmaceuticals. And Agasa says beforehand that White Dove was a famous and rather large company "selling effective medicine cheaply". So given that context the term "drug development team" wouldn't necessarily sound suspicious. But yeah, as soon as she starts to mention the "even bigger company" that wanted to buy them up (most likely the BO), she probably figures herself she's talking more about the BO than she actually wants to, so subsequently she tries to downplay the story quickly.
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
What's kinda more strange is how the DB ignore some facts that Ai exactly knows what happened 30 years ago (a 7 yo child generally doesn't recognize such of things; my boy turned 8 in the middle of November, and he isn't that smart and knowledgeable), and also how old Ai parents had to be when Ai was born?
Spoiler:
I think that's why she says "It's something I heard from my older sister who died..." And I think everyone has noticed a long time ago anyway that she's way smarter than the usual kid (same for Conan).

So bottom line is: I don't think the mention of "drug development team" is too suspicious, but I agree with you that she talks more about the BO here than she actually wants too (if that's what you're trying to say). It's getting kinda sketchy as soon as she mentions the "company"/"group" (BO) and Ai herself realizes that too.
So yeah, the more she would talk about her background/past the sketchier it would get, because her life is pretty dodgy indeed, being born and raised BO and all that.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
Looking at 1,025, it seems the two possibilities in the video that gave away the culprit to Odori still are (after seeing the scene drawn a second time):

1. Aburai was still looking up at where Tokuzono fell after he fell

2. Hoegi was looking up at where Tokuzono fell before he fell

Since Jinmei is the least likely to be the culprit, I think the poison was likely slipped in after she took a sip, which means Hoegi couldn't have done it before the drink table was set up or while it was set up, or else Jinmei might've been poisoned. Aburai then gave out a straw she had for Odori's drink.

I won't be surprised if Hoegi turns out to be the culprit (he might've been looking up in eager anticipation for Tokuzono to fall, after all), but my bet's on Aburai—she, like Jinmei, had a connection to the guy killed by Tokuzono's prank (and whereas Jinmei's connection to him is established in pages of backstory, Aburai's is just one line), and she was the one who first brought up the insect prank, which was what killed Tokuzono.
EDIT:
Looks like we got 1,026 spoilers a full week earlier than expected... ;D but DC will then go on a 4 week break. :-\

Well, at least it's one month and not two.

Gotta say, I did not expect this case to turn out to be a 5-file serial murder case.
Spoiler:
Seems that Hoegi is the culprit—Aburai looks like she's not being taken away, and Tomioko and Jinmei (both of whom are clearly shown to not be the culprit) don't seem to be looking at her like she's the culprit, so Hoegi was probably exposed and taken away, and then Aburai has her breakdown and moment with Ran (who also doesn't seem to be approaching and speaking to her as if she was a culprit)—looks like my runner-up pick for the culprit should've been my first choice. He did always strike me as the most invisible one, though (at least Aburai had a line of dialogue that established her connection to the victim)—so him being the killer was something I expected. I suppose, given his personality, Tomioko being the killer would've been the biggest twist.

Unfortunately, with 14 pages of the file still a mystery to us, we don't know whether they'll be more Miyano/Sera/APTX stuff to be given to us before the case ends.
EDIT (#2):
Spoiler:
I stand corrected—looks like Aburai did kill them, and my first choice was right, after all. Yep, I should've waited for the full context. :-[

I just didn't account for her trying to commit suicide after she was exposed, and Ran, Masumi and Makoto teaming up to stop her from succeeding.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

When does 1027 returns ? I wait anxiously...
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Conan returns in February 13th. Until then there'll be new Zero Tea Time chapters.
Spoiler:
It's been confirmed in the let's talk day that the next Conan case will be Amuro, it'll involve him teaming up with Scotch (in flashback of course) and the stage will be a villa in snowy mountains.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Spimer wrote:Conan returns in February 13th. Until then there'll be new Zero Tea Time chapters.
Spoiler:
It's been confirmed in the let's talk day that next case will be Amuro, it'll involve him teaming up with Scotch (in flashback of course) and the stage will be a villa in snowy mountains.
Spoiler:
So now we will get to know why Amuro loves Schotch so much? ;)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Nemomon wrote:
Spimer wrote:Conan returns in February 13th. Until then there'll be new Zero Tea Time chapters.
Spoiler:
It's been confirmed in the let's talk day that next case will be Amuro, it'll involve him teaming up with Scotch (in flashback of course) and the stage will be a villa in snowy mountains.
Spoiler:
Wasn't this supposed to be all Canon and as far as I remember Zero's tea Time wasn't canon... if it was made then i don't know.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Tantei San wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wasn't this supposed to be all Canon and as far as I remember Zero's tea Time wasn't canon... if it was made then i don't know.
Idk but the first color spread mentions it being official and supervised by Aoyama, it's kind of a special case.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Tantei San wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think Spimer meant that the next case (after the Tea Party) will be about the Amuro-Scoth couple.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yes, I meant to say the next Conan case, not the next ZTT case.
Spoiler:
ZTT might involve the police academy arc or not, according to Gosho in let's talk day.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"