Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-1026

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-1026

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first three days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations.

Title page:

Spoiler:
Based on reported spoilers, it's a normal case and it features Ran, Sonoko, Sera and Makoto.

So maybe something in a later chapter will happen, or maybe nothing will happen, who knows...
Okiyakaivan

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,022-102X

Post by Okiyakaivan »

Next chapter will release november 28, also with movie 23 trailer and title
Spoiler:
Shuu Tsukiyama "- Do you accumulate to eat to me other than"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

More spoiler pics for 1,022 are now out.
Spoiler:
It seems that Makoto is once again (Bowling Alley Murder Case – File 859–File 861/Episode 744–Episode 745) going to be suspected of murder.
No break next week!
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Misztina

Post by Misztina »

Spoiler:
Makoto is framed again. This must be a new running gag. We'll the rest.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Misztina wrote:
Spoiler:
Makoto is framed again. This must be a new running gag. We'll the rest.
Spoiler:
Well, he doesn't appear that often, so this new running gag might not reach the level of the other running gags this series has got going for itself.
EDIT:

1,022 Text spoilers, from Mycroft:
Spoiler:
"The chapter starts when Conan, Makoto,Sonoko,Masumi and Ran finshed watching movie "Azengers" (which is of course Avengers) and they talk about that the cast Added kamen Yaiba to the superheros of the movie for more sellings
Then Sonoko says that she is walking with a strong army (Masumi, Ran, Makoto) and she says that Makoto would help her if the movie happend in the real life .
while they were walking, they faced a kidnapping case so Makoto try to rescue the girl then they discover that all of this was a scene of a movie filming.
So the film director shows his admiration of Makoto body and offer him to work with them as an alternative actor in the police series (detective 48)
After that the preparation starts , in the end the actor dies"

And one more thing:
"In the next issue we will get the movie poster and the movie title"
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

Spoiler:
So, how's this one gonna end? Conan flashes around his detective abilities until the director asks him to be the lead in a series about a shrunken detective?
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

Spoiler:
Conan will use Sonoko as always when Kogoro isn't there and she is available.
andrasb

Post by andrasb »

I think it is a really funny case, it has a "self-parodic taste", but as far as I suspect we could have finally some new infos or confirmations.
Spoiler:
Self-parodic part is the filming of "48 detectives". It was a compliment sometimes from certain manga characters, that there is so much detective in the nearby, that it is a bit annoying. The Conan's note for the title was hillarious... :D

I do not like numerology, because of my line of work, but the number of 48 is the total number of files since the resolution of the Beach case with the Akai family. It is perhaps a coincidence, but I find it really interesting. There may be chance, that we will finally get to know, why Conan is a magician. I have other thoughts as well, but I think those are mere speculation...

For the case: I think the culprit was Jinmei. She made the reason to be herself (not the stunt double) in order to go in the building. I don't have a clue, how she did it, but I think it has connection to the Tokuzono's insect fear. But it is a tip, it could be early to be certain.
DCUniverseAficionado

andrasb wrote:
Spoiler:
There may be chance, that we will finally get to know, why Conan is a magician.
Spoiler:
We found that out during that very case.

It was because he made Shūichi smile—Masumi had tried to get him to smile and laugh the whole time but couldn’t, so when Shinichi/Conan pulled it off, she called him a wizard/magician—but Shinichi/Conan hasn’t yet realized that.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
andrasb wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It was because he made Shūichi smile—Masumi had tried to get him to smile and laugh the whole time but couldn’t, so when Shinichi/Conan pulled it off, she called him a wizard/magician—but Shinichi/Conan hasn’t yet realized that.
Spoiler:
"found that out" ... well... yet to be confirmed so, not officially. It's still intended to be an ongoing "mystery", since Sera teased it at the end of Ripples.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

MeiTanteixX wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
andrasb wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
"found that out" ... well... yet to be confirmed so, not officially. It's still intended to be an ongoing "mystery", since Sera teased it at the end of Ripples.
Spoiler:
Yeah, exactly.
dccd

Post by dccd »

Spoiler:
I put my money on Aburai Hideka.

Victim was (most likely?) afraid of insects.

She scratched her nose on P14.

There isnt really a reason to include this small aspect besides that its either a red herring,
which might be extended in further chaps - but I doubt it.

So she most likely had sth on her that proves that she was in contact with the insect(s).
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
dylanborja

Post by dylanborja »

Spoiler:
File 1022 was the last file of the year. File 1023 will be in SS 1 (2019).
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

That's the magazine number. It becomes next year in December each year.

In this case, December 2018 issues are going to be labelled as "January 2019" issues.

But they're still being published within 2018.

So next file is next week, no worries.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

dylanborja wrote:
Spoiler:
File 1022 was the last file of the year. File 1023 will be in SS 1 (2019).
No, that's incorrect. Issue #1 of Shonen Sunday is released in December. I know it's weird, but this is how it is. (so 1023 will be released in a couple of days if nothing goes wrong)