Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,013-1017

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,013-101X

Post by Spimer »

Well, this looks promising...
Spoiler:
. Yumi isn't dead, we all knew that. Looks like she was lying on the ground to confirm her hypothesis.

.Shuukichi sent a message to Shuuichi asking him to protect Yumi although after Akai (as Subaru) shakes off the molesters he thinks she doesn't look like she really needs protection.

. The no-parking sign is the key, Yagi had noticed it and now Conan does as well. The reference to Japan's traffic signals being based off the UK's ones is also a key.

. They were able to retrieve the 7155 number from the phone since Conan is trying to think what it means

. The culprit has kidnapped Naeko and unfortunately found her 2nd phone as Naeko tried contacting Chiba
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

Spoiler:
Subaru-san protects his future sister-in-law! It's good to see that side of him. :D
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Okay, so, some thoughts on this:
Spoiler:
I was entertaining the notion that "7155" might've been meant as a dying message for Naeko, perhaps to warn her that she's next. From 715 you get Na-i-go, which can be rounded up to Naeko. If that last 5 was a 3, it could translate either to "san" as in the honorific (a commonly understood reference among Japanese-speaking internet communities) or as in the first character of Naeko's surname, which is the Japanese character for three. Unfortunately, this theory is bogus, and Conan's reaction to the dying message all but confirms that. In any case, that would've been ridiculously easy for a Japanese audience to figure out, so I doubt Gosho would've gone down that route.
Another thing that was referenced in this file was a cat's forehead; Tabby Cats are known to have a distinctive "M" shape on their foreheads, so if this was foreshadowing then the culprit would likely be Manji Akamine, the only suspect with any "M"s in his name.
EDIT: No, screw that, it's probably Yuuzou Shiroyama. The way that his hair is parted on his face creates an M shape on his forehead.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,013-1017

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler pics for 1,017 are out.
Spoiler:
Kengo Aono is the culprit.
On the last page, Rei/Tōru/Bourbon is talking to Hyōe about the meeting with Shūichi and the Kudos.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Spoiler:
Hoo, apparently the blue guy was the culprit. I guessed so a while back because the English no parking sign doesn't have blue in it unlike the Japanese one... Though how valid this guess is shall be revealed once the full chapter comes out. XD
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

7 weeks break. Next chapter (1018) will be officially released on August 29.
ananas

Post by ananas »

Gosho usually make a Kid case for his and kids birthday, not this year. Hopefully he will make one for Hakuba's birthday (which is exactly when the manga resumes).

Anyway, does anyone know what the last page says?
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Kor wrote:7 weeks break. Next chapter (1018) will be officially released on August 29.
I's my birthday. A nice gift indeed. Hope it will be worth getting!
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

About the last page:
Spoiler:
Kuroda had ordered Amuro to provide info to Conan, wants to be careful with anything that could cause problems, and asks about "that affair" but Amuro says there's nothing now. Kuroda then reminds him to not slack on his reports and calls him Bourbon.
Regre

Post by Regre »

Kor wrote:7 weeks break. Next chapter (1018) will be officially released on August 29.
"Sighs".....I hope the next chapter brings some worthwhile developments.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Spoiler:
"That affair" could've been the matter of Akai not being dead.
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

This is sad, another long break...should we be worried for Gosho's health or what are the reasons?

Hopefully the upcoming case after this long hiatus delivers and provides lots of relevant plot development.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

No. No need to worry for his health.

It's simply that he's been pushing himself the last years and now has to take things at a better pace.

Also, he needs time to work on research for his next case, planning and all stages of drawing a case.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Spimer wrote:It's simply that he's been pushing himself the last years and now has to take things at a better pace.
In the past few years his output has been consistently decreasing by the year (besides in 2016). When 1018 will be released, it basically means that in the first eight months of 2018 only 10 Conan chapters were released. When a (what is meant to be) weekly serialized manga starts receiving such irregular publications (like Hunter x Hunter*), at the very least it's safe to say that SOMETHING is not in order.

*it's not as bad as Hunter x Hunter yet, but at this point we'd be lucky to get even 20 chapters in 2018.
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

Spimer wrote:No. No need to worry for his health.
I hope so, health comes first after all.
Kor wrote:
Spimer wrote:It's simply that he's been pushing himself the last years and now has to take things at a better pace.
In the past few years his output has been consistently decreasing by the year (besides in 2016). When 1018 will be released, it basically means that in the first eight months of 2018 only 10 Conan chapters were released. When a (what is meant to be) weekly serialized manga starts receiving such irregular publications (like Hunter x Hunter*), at the very least it's safe to say that SOMETHING is not in order.
Damn, that's the bitter truth! Only 10 chapters released so far...This is shocking.
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
And I'm also wondering: How many more romantic subplots do we need to get over and done with, so we can finally move on? I guess Gosho wants to conclude Heiji/Kazuha and also Kogoro/Eri before DC ends. Any more?