Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,012

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,012

Post by MeiTanteixX »

dccd wrote:
Spoiler:
It's the start of a long series from next chapter!...
The clash is coming...
Hopefully
Spoiler:
as much as I want the conclusion in Chiba and Naeko's subplot, I really crave some serious plot development.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@jason342:
As James explained during Clash of Red & Black, the BO didn't like the fact of Akemi having been in contact with an FBI infiltrator but couldn't just alright kill her due to the importance of Shiho and the APTX research. So that's when they ordered her to steal the 100 million Yen lying to her that if she succeeded they'd let her and Shiho leave the org. Of course, they expected her to fail and have an excuse to kill her (yet it seems stupid on their part that they believed that with that excuse Shiho wouldn't protest) but she actually pulled it off and they killed her for no reason.

And so Shiho began to rebel to demand answers from them, leading to her being closed in a room of the lab and she trying to suicide using APTX but actually shrinking and fleeing through the dust shoot.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Spoiler:
So...I trust this means Amuro's about to be let in on everything?
agent.sherry

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Post by agent.sherry »

jason342 wrote:Does this revelation mean that akai dated his own cousin? man that's gotta suck for him to find out that he was possibly the reason for his own cousins death. My own theory is that gin grew suspicious of akemi's relationship with akai after he was exposed as an FBI agent and plotted with the boss's permission to create a scenario, wherein akemi would fail a mission and would then be subject to death. Gin of course decided to kill her anyway because there was no way a member in contact with the FBI would be left alive and the reason for the heist was just an excuse for her to screw up so that gin could later justify killing her to Shiho (who was crucial to the boss's research at the time).
Yes, this is true - if memory serves, James Black pretty much confirmed that the BO would have gotten rid of Akemi way sooner (as soon as Akai's cover was blown) if it wasn't for Sherry who they didn't dare to anger since she was such an important BO member. They later offered Akemi the bank robbery because they hoped she would get herself killed during that mission - that was their evil plan to get rid of Akemi without risking to upset Sherry.
And about the cousin issue...well, that really is so weird. Why on earth did Gosho decide to make them relatives? There's no way he planned that from the beginning. I hope he comes up with a good reason why they didn't know about each other...
dccd wrote:
Spoiler:
It's the start of a long series from next chapter!...
The clash is coming...
I really hope so, it's about time for more serious plot progression. I'm ready to move on to the final arc (which will hopefully start after the Rum arc...). And do you guys agree that it's overdue for Akai to face Ai? I've been waiting ages for them to have their confrontation. I wonder if this will be a major thing that will kick off some important events since the build up has been so long.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
Well, it took the whole case, but Yusaku and Yukiko got back into the swing of things.

Better yet, no break next week. We'll have to see what this new case brings—and how many files it is—even if it is a Kazunobu/Naeko case, it'll at least have a bit of the main plot in it, though those bits will likely be at the beginning and the end of the case.

EDIT:
Correction, there is a 3 week break.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on May 8th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Better yet, no break next week.
Technically there is a break next week. We got 1012 a week early because of a mistake with the release dates in China. So the chapter we all just read officially comes out in Japan next Wednesday (May 9th), and 1013 will officially come out on the Wednesday after that (May 16th).
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
ProfParanoia

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Post by ProfParanoia »

agent.sherry wrote:Why on earth did Gosho decide to make them relatives? There's no way he planned that from the beginning.
Spoiler:
Gosho made his Haibara/Akai fusion monster and then needed to explain her.
jason342

Post by jason342 »

Spimer wrote:@jason342:
As James explained during Clash of Red & Black, the BO didn't like the fact of Akemi having been in contact with an FBI infiltrator but couldn't just alright kill her due to the importance of Shiho and the APTX research. So that's when they ordered her to steal the 100 million Yen lying to her that if she succeeded they'd let her and Shiho leave the org. Of course, they expected her to fail and have an excuse to kill her (yet it seems stupid on their part that they believed that with that excuse Shiho wouldn't protest) but she actually pulled it off and they killed her for no reason.

And so Shiho began to rebel to demand answers from them, leading to her being closed in a room of the lab and she trying to suicide using APTX but actually shrinking and fleeing through the dust shoot.
My thoughts exactly it was indeed a stupid plan from such an organised mafia like group of elite killers. I mean there were plenty of ways to try and dispose of akemi without shiho suspecting them. Then again i guess if you grew up in the black organisation like shiho has then no death would seem like a natural death to you.
yoko91

Post by yoko91 »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Better yet, no break next week.
Technically there is a break next week. We got 1012 a week early because of a mistake with the release dates in China. So the chapter we all just read officially comes out in Japan next Wednesday (May 9th), and 1013 will officially come out on the Wednesday after that (May 16th).
Wait, so is 1012 out?
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Not officially.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@yoko91: it got leaked a week early due a mistake by Chinese publishers. It was originally going to be published next week (May 10th).
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

As opposed to what was said earlier, there is indeed a break for the next 3 issues, so expect the next file to be published on issue 28 on June 6.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:As opposed to what was said earlier, there is indeed a break for the next 3 issues, so expect the next file to be published on issue 28 on June 6.
Yeah, that wasn't on the Chinese leak. So we'll have to wait until early June (maybe the 1st?) for spoilers.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

Kor wrote:As opposed to what was said earlier, there is indeed a break for the next 3 issues, so expect the next file to be published on issue 28 on June 6.
oh damn, yet another break - if this trend continues, will there be only like 20 files this year :| :| ?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Well, can't be helped. Gosho needs time to work on the cases but also can't pull the same kind of over-effort he'd been doing for years.