Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,012

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Post by MoonRaven »

Spoiler:
I think there is some sort of collaboration between either the butler and the "dead bunny" or then butler and the "frowny bunny". True target is the client and the bunny a decoy.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

Sana Murakami could b Minami Asakura hint Adachi call 1009 P14
or if Gosho want to change the name a little bit Nami Asakura
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

mtcc wrote:Sana Murakami could be Minami Asakura hint Adachi call 1009 P14
or if Gosho want to change the name a little bit Nami Asakura
This is just likely Gosho playing the name game again. He likes naming the suspects/victims after random things
for example in a previous case a while back all of the suspects had names based on condiments.

I think this time he just based the names on Adachi-sensei's "Touch" baseball manga
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

I don't have an opinion on the actual case, but I do have one worry...
Spoiler:
The butt grabbing scene is most definitely going to be censored in the anime.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

File 1,011 Spoiler Pics are now out.
Spoiler:
We finally see Elena's eyes.

And is that Akemi in the flashback?

And that man with Elena... is that Atsushi?

EDIT:
Yep, these are the Miyanos—and at a time when Elena was pregnant with Shiho.
Break next week due to SS Double-Issue (#22-23).
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on April 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

The case is ending in 1012 and the editors "promise to reveal why Amuro and Akai are fighting next issue".
Take it with a grain of salt.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Here are the text spoilers:
Spoiler:
From Jecka and Baka:
Amuro is looking on his phone and the message from Rum. A flashback reveals Atsushi and Elena's faces. Scene is shown where Akemi drags Amuro into a clinic (of her parents probably), calling him an injured person. Amuro doesn’t want to, but Elena tells him that he is still bleeding, she hints that Amuro was here before. He is saying that he has been bullied because everyone thinks that he is a foreign. Meanwhile Elena tells Atsushi that she is pregnant again. Flashback was triggered by the Sana Bunny talking on the phone with her dad.
The case has not been solved, so longer than 3 chapters. Series continues on May 9th (Golden Week Break next week). Also sidenote says that they will reveal in the next issue why Amuro and Akai are fighting.

From bash:
Atsushi says his research can be funded by the 'Karasuma Group', but there appear to be some negative rumours about that organisation floating around. Elena suggest that she can join the research team as well. Amuro got involved in a fight and injured because he's half-Japanese which is why Elena can identify with him. She tells him that on the inside everyone's human, as proven by the fact that regardless of skin colours, blood running through everyone's veins is always red. Side note says in the next chapter the case will be solved.

From Fujiwara:
Amuro gets a new text message from Rum: “Hurry up with that information about Kudou Shinichi! Time is money! —RUM—“
Also, Conan hears from Ran that she dropped her wallet earlier and Amuro picked it up.
Jecka wrote:The case is ending in 1012 and the editors "promise to reveal why Amuro and Akai are fighting next issue".
I think some are taking it with a bucket, already... even in the context of these past three cases and how, by DC standards, seismic the developments have been.

What do you see Gosho withholding, in terms of "why Amuro and Akai are fighting?"
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Jecka wrote:The case is ending in 1012 and the editors "promise to reveal why Amuro and Akai are fighting next issue".
What do you see Gosho withholding, in terms of "why Amuro and Akai are fighting?"
Spoiler:
It's because He took away Akemi away from him, as well cornered Scotch to kill himself
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

CrimsonGenius wrote:
Spoiler:
It's because He took away Akemi away from him, as well cornered Scotch to kill himself
Afaik Gosho already said that first thing is not the case. The rivalry is nothing related to that.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
DCUniverseAficionado

Jecka wrote:
CrimsonGenius wrote:
Spoiler:
Afaik Gosho already said that first thing is not the case. The rivalry is nothing related to that.
Yeah, I heard that, as well.

So, if Gosho's not withholding that, in terms of, "why Amuro and Akai are fighting?", then what is he withholding?
passingthrough

Post by passingthrough »

Spoiler:
maybe the bunny girl is Morooka's illegitimate child, and the butler tried to kill her because he's loyal to Morooka's late wife?
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Now that Elena was brought back to the story... I wonder how many people actually know what she was called and what other "speculators" consider her to be... found some interesting information\graphic analysis about her from this site:
https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/for ... n/?page=29
So... is there more about her than what was presented up to this point? 8-)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

blackmoon wrote:Now that Elena was brought back to the story... I wonder how many people actually know what she was called and what other "speculators" consider her to be... found some interesting information\graphic analysis about her from this site:
https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/for ... n/?page=29
So... is there more about her than what was presented up to this point? 8-)
Spoiler:
Karasuma is moriarty, crow, Vermouth is werewolf, Atsushi is Holmes, Iori (Tsutomu) is Watson
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Spoiler:
Plus, if Vermouth is Elena, why would she be so obsessed about killing her own daughter. Even more, why would she give up that "dream"?

Also, Vernouth said that no angel ever smiled upon her, but yet she got two daughters. I hardly can say that she was unhappy having them (considering she left some tapes and all).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
passingthrough

Post by passingthrough »

Spoiler:
I don't know if this makes sense, but the butler's excuse as to why he can't poison Yuri seems to only be his bad eyesight. Someone has mentioned that if his eyesight is that bad, then why check the mail without his glasses? I agree.
With Kogoro's remark on the magnifying glass, perhaps it's possible for the butler to target Yuri by seeing her nail wrap through the wine glass. Round glass filled with liquid can act as a magnifying lense. But I don't know what can be used as a proof, so maybe I'm wrong. I just have no idea how Morooka nor Sana can possibly poison Yuri.

On the other hand it seems that Conan realised Amuro picked up Ran's purse, so maybe he'll give a heads up to Akai that Amuro might break into the Kudos house. I'm wondering where Yusaku and Yukiko are staying?