Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,012

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » April 29th, 2018, 3:21 pm

File 1009-1011: Review and Discussion

Case Deduction:
Spoiler:
Fukamachi Atsufumi (the Butler) is most likely the culprit.
He is the only one who had a proper chance to put the poison, and whose hindrance, his bad vision, actually can be bypassed.
Image

Morooka Gunzo was far away from the victim's glass and has an alibi (covered by Kogoro and his bodyguards).
Murakami Sana doesn't have an alibi for being far away from the victim's glass.
Image
However, Conan picked out something different with Sana after the alarm was stopped, in comparison to the other girls during the alarm. When Sana reached for her phone on her back, she used her left hand, while the other bunny girls and Yuri reached for their phone with their right hand.
Image
With that detail in mind, Conan will probably remember that Sana wasn't among the bunny girls who were close to Yuri's glass during the alarm.

By making sure his glasses broke and having Morooka (his master) leave to get the spare, Fukamachi was able put in the arsenic (poison) without risking being seen by Morooka, who was sitting right next to him, and at the same time create the defense that his bad vision would hinder him from committing the crime. After setting off the alarm from his phone, he was able to make Yuri (the victim) put down her glass, in order to check her phone, so that he can put the poison in her glass. Yuri's glass was different from the others, but the way Fukamachi was able to tell which glass she was holding is most likely as the hint, that helped Conan and Amuro solve the case, suggested: by using a magnifying glass in order to look for Yuri's unique lily-patterned nail wrap.
Image
in this case, the object acting as a magnifying glass can only be the thing that Fukamachi was holding right before he set off the alarm, his phone (as suggested by mycroft from discord). By using his phone's camera's magnifying glass function, he can zoom in on the Bunny girls' hands and identify Yuri's hand and glass through her nail wrap.

Fukamachi's motive is most likely Morooka's health.
Morooka probably has anemia, deficiency of red blood cells to carry oxygen through his body. Symptoms of Anemia is normally dizziness and loss of balance, which explains why Morooka fell and hurt himself a lot. There are different types of anemia, and Morooka's is probably Pernicious Anemia (vitamin-deficiency anemia), in which there's a lack of vitamin B12 and vitamin B9 (two vitamins needed in the produciton of red blood cells). Symptoms of Pernicious anemia also include lack of appetite and weight loss, which would explain why Morooka rapidly lost weight. If he is taking medication, then it would explain why he started gaining weight.
Image
This makes sense with why Amuro started to remember his past with Elena and how he connected it to Mooroka's problem. There was a lot of emphasis on "red blood running", which could be Gosho's clue to how Morooka's problem is deficiency of red blood cells.
Image
Since Morooka always spent his spare time drinking in the Black Bunny's club with Yuri, his favorite hostess, Fukamachi was probably worried over his drinking, because alcohol abuse contributes to the lack of vitamin B12 and B9.

In order to make him stop his visits, he tried to bribe Yuri to stay away from him, but she didn't accept it.
The old-fashioned threat letter, that threatened Morooka to stay away from the Black Bunny's Club, was most likely made by the old Fukamachi, in order to push Morooka away from Yuri, but after Morooka called Kogoro to solve the problem, Fukamachi went with his last resort, which is to kill Yuri (before she indirectly kills Morooka).

The reason to Yuri not accepting the bribe is most likely because Morooka is her biological father. After Morooka lost his wife half a year ago, he met/reunited with her in the Black bunny's club and started visiting her frequently and drink irresponsibly to the point of getting pernicious anemia. This is why they have a similar eating habit and why he started getting informal with her by removing "-chan", as well as why he got extra angry when Kogoro groped Yuri.
Image
Morooka was together with another woman before his wife in Tottori for 4 years, and most likely got Yuri through her before being forced to leave her, hence why Yuri is also from Tottori. Since Fukamachi was a butler of Morooka's wife's family, it makes sense why he wouldn't know of the fact that Morooka got a daughter from his first partner.
Yuri survived the attempted murder so that Fukamachi could be forgiven, since all of this was just based on a misunderstanding.


Akai vs Bourbon:
Spoiler:
Amuro was focused on Ran's keys to the Kudo mansion (File 1009) and later gave the wallet (that had those keys), that he allegedly found, to Sana (File 1010). He most likely stole them in order to break into the Kudo mansion and investigate Shinichi. Since Rum sent Bourbon another "hurry up" message, it makes sense that this is all leading to Bourbon rushing his Kudo mansion infiltration right after the case, and confront Akai there (as File 1009 showcased). Conan realized that Amuro was investigating Shinichi after he showed interest and he probably invited Amuro in order get info from him (File 1009). Since he later noticed Amuro's focus on the keys (File 1009) and found out about Amuro being in contact with Ran's wallet (File 1011), It's most likely leading up to him warning Akai and making preparations before the infiltration happens, which in turn would explain why Akai ambushed Bourbon and saying that Amuro messed up.
Image


Rei's flashback:
Spoiler:
After ages of anticipation, We have finally gotten official reveal of Miyano Atsushi (age 32) and Elena (age 29), who were revealed to have been doctors in the Miyano Clinic, before they joined the BO. We also got the confirmation to Rei's foreign blood. He is most likely half British, seeing as he has been associated with stereotypically British things and wears British-European-fashioned clothes. Another revelation was that Elena was half British, making Haibara and Akemi a quarter foreign, like Hidemi and Eisuke. As expected, Elena was also confirmed to have a sister (which is already indirectly confirmed to be Mary), who warned Elena about the BO before they joined.
Image

Since the Miyano visited Dejima's house "about 20 years ago" according to Ukihiko (File 423), and they were seemingly already BO members, since they were under BO surveillance, it suggests that their visit happened after the recent flashback (File 1011). Since Elena was 3-months-pregnant with Shiho during her meeting with Rei, it can only mean that both the Dejima visit and the flashback happened 19 years ago (which is still close enough to Ukihiko's estimation).
Image
If one Judges File 423 through one perspective, Gosho seems to have retconned things, as he initially implied that Atsushi left his house to Dejima to move to a bigger research facility (which was thought to belong to the Black organization by Conan and Haibara) 30 years ago, but now seems to have moved in the BO's institution 19 years ago. However, It wasn't 100% clear whether the reason Atsushi lent the house was due to joining the BO or whether Dejima was simply recalling Atsushi's institution moving separately.
Image

Something important that was revealed is the fact that the BO were referred to as "Karasuma Group" (File 1011).
In the latest Boss-related interview, Gosho denied that the Boss' name reveals the BO name:
あと、組織の正式名称と深い関わりが…と、インタビューでお答えになっていた…という情報を見たことがあり… 出典が定かではないですが(汗)
Interviewer: Also, that it’s deeply related to the Organization’s official name… Or so you answered in an interview… I’ve seen such information… But the source isn’t clear (sweats)

青山 なんだって?そんなの有ったっけ… 組織の名前?そんなこと言ったかな…
Aoyama: What did you say? Was there such a thing…? The Organizations’ name? Did I say that..?

組織の名前って、決まってるんですか?
Interviewer: Have you decided on the Organization’s name?

青山 うん(ピーピー)が(ピー)なんですよ。
Aoyama: Yes (beep-beep) is (beep), see.

素敵な…
Interviewer: Fantastic…

青山 うん、そう、でもボスの名前…?それはあまり関係ないかな。
Aoyama: Yes, true, but the boss’ name…? I think it’s not too related…??
It makes more sense that "Ooguro/Daikoku" (which appeared in two BO-connected cases, File 116 and 281) is the BO name. The fact that Gosho revealed a name that is "Karasuma Group" in the flashback to 19 years ago leads me to believe that the BO changed their organization name after the Kohji case failure. This would mean that the BO was aware of not only the "ASACA" interpretation of the dying message, but also "CARASUMA". Since the Karasuma Group also had bad rumors surrounding them, it makes sense that they would change their image and branding to something else to stay under the radar once more (especially after their name was potentially left as a dying message).
Image


Wakasa Rumi's vision:
Spoiler:
There were some interesting parallels in this case that pertains to Wakasa Rumi. After Fukamachi took off his glasses and was called by Morooka, he started to turn his head and look around quickly(File 1009) just like how Rumi did when Ayumi called for her in File 988. In the following chapter (File 1010), Kogoro tried on Fukamachi's highly strengthened glasses and reacted very similar to how Rumi did after bumping her head in File 966.
Image
This could very likely be Gosho seeding in the truth behind Rumi's suspicious head-bumps through this visual cue. This backs up my theory about Rumi wearing strengthened glasses that messed with her perception of distance.
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on April 30th, 2018, 4:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 990

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby Spimer » April 29th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Excellent work. That comparison surprised me and it's interesting indeed.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » April 29th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Spimer wrote:Excellent work. That comparison surprised me and it's interesting indeed.
Thanks ;D
on the topic of Dejima and him answering Conan in regards to where Atsushi lived after lending Dejima his house 30 years ago...
Spoiler:
Image
When he answered "I don't know... He said he was going to a big research facility", does this automatically mean that Atsushi told him that before he left the house? is it possible that Dejima was simply sharing information that he got from Atsushi much later on?

At least in english, it seemed very vague to me.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 536

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby Serinox » April 29th, 2018, 8:30 pm

I don't necessarily think it has to be a retcon, it can still simply be:

-> Atsushi moves out 30 years ago to go to an unknown sponsor
-> married Elena at some point
-> gets branded as a "Mad Scientist" by the science community
-> unknown sponsor drops their funding because of Atsushi getting a bad reputation now
-> Atsushi and Elena open their private clinic to earn money
-> 20 years ago, BO begins to stalk them/scout them because of having learned of Atsushi's previous research
-> the family visits Dejima for some reason, feeling uneasy (probably because of the stalking)
-> the BO stalking stops after the have the necessary information, so the Miyano's get calmer again
-> Atsushi is officially approached by the Karasuma group 18-19 years ago
-> current flashback in 1011
agent.sherry
User avatar
Posts: 6

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby agent.sherry » April 29th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Serinox wrote:I don't necessarily think it has to be a retcon, it can still simply be:

-> Atsushi moves out 30 years ago to go to an unknown sponsor
-> married Elena at some point
-> gets branded as a "Mad Scientist" by the science community
-> unknown sponsor drops their funding because of Atsushi getting a bad reputation now
-> Atsushi and Elena open their private clinic to earn money
-> 20 years ago, BO begins to stalk them/scout them because of having learned of Atsushi's previous research
-> the family visits Dejima for some reason, feeling uneasy (probably because of the stalking)
-> the BO stalking stops after the have the necessary information, so the Miyano's get calmer again
-> Atsushi is officially approached by the Karasuma group 18-19 years ago
-> current flashback in 1011


I'm crossing my fingers that you're right with this! I would hate it if it turns out that Gosho has simply lost track of his own story and is messing up the timeline because he has forgotten about certain things...

However, I'm really glad we're finally getting some info on Shiho's parents! I think we all assumed that the place Atsushi was moving to 30 years ago was the BO, but now it turns out that they didn't join the BO until like 18,5 years ago (when Elena was pregnant with Shiho).
That means that it was in fact only Shiho who was born into the BO and Akemi had a normal life until she was like 7 years old...maybe that contributed to the decision why the organisation didn't bother with Akemi in the first place and let her continue to mostly live a normal life whereas Shiho was groomed for becoming a high ranked BO member from the day she was born.
Also interesting: when Atsushi & Elena only joined shortly before Shiho's birth and supposedly died not long after that - this means they maybe weren't even in the organisation for a year...Shiho on the other hand went on to spend her entire life (18 years) in the organisation, that's pretty cruel...this poor family is doomed :(
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » April 30th, 2018, 5:08 am

Serinox wrote:I don't necessarily think it has to be a retcon, it can still simply be:

-> Atsushi moves out 30 years ago to go to an unknown sponsor
-> married Elena at some point
-> gets branded as a "Mad Scientist" by the science community
-> unknown sponsor drops their funding because of Atsushi getting a bad reputation now

-> Atsushi and Elena open their private clinic to earn money
-> 20 years ago, BO begins to stalk them/scout them because of having learned of Atsushi's previous research
-> the family visits Dejima for some reason, feeling uneasy (probably because of the stalking)

-> the BO stalking stops after the have the necessary information, so the Miyano's get calmer again
-> Atsushi is officially approached by the Karasuma group 18-19 years ago
-> current flashback in 1011
the 1st and 2nd bold doesn't make sense with the current flashback, since Atsushi clearly said that he didn't want to be labeled as a "Mad scientist" after joining the Karasuma Group. That means that he didn't get labeled as such at that time (unless you are saying he lost his bad reputation after the research funding was dropped, which is unrealistic).

3rd and 4th bold is not impossible, but unlikely imo. According to the narrative, they were under the BO's surveiliance, rather than "stalked" (File 423).

To me at least, even if it's explained (which I already expect it to become), it's still a sign of weakness in his writing, since Gosho is changing the narrative he presented to fit his new storyline, instead of building on it, since it's pretty clear that Gosho was planning for the "first sponsor" to be "them"(BO) (assuming that Atsushi actually moved to a new facility of a sponsor's 30 years ago, which I'm still questioning).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 536

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby Serinox » April 30th, 2018, 7:52 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:the 1st and 2nd bold doesn't make sense with the current flashback, since Atsushi clearly said that he didn't want to be labeled as a "Mad scientist" after joining the Karasuma Group. That means that he didn't get labeled as such at that time (unless you are saying he lost his bad reputation after the research funding was dropped, which is unrealistic).

Atsushi says that he doesn't want labeled a "Mad Scientist" again in the Japanese original (in the scanlation version, this was reflected by using the term "branded", implying he was called that over and over again). So, that previously happened to him before and makes those points more likely.

MeiTanteixX wrote:3rd and 4th bold is not impossible, but unlikely imo. According to the narrative, they were under the BO's surveiliance, rather than "stalked" (File 423).

That's what Conan assumes, but from what we actually hear in that case, they were just monitored from a black car with toned windows. That could also be scouting, stalking, a stake-out, heck, even surveillance still fits that whether Elena and Atsushi were already in the BO or not. Either way, it's still surveillance. That tells us nothing about whether they were already in the BO or not.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » April 30th, 2018, 9:04 am

Serinox wrote: Atsushi says that he doesn't want labeled a "Mad Scientist" again in the Japanese original (in the scanlation version, this was reflected by using the term "branded", implying he was called that over and over again). So, that previously happened to him before and makes those points more likely.
Wow.... that's news to me. Would have been much better if "again" was used, to be more clear, rather than making it vague like that.

Well, in that case, it's a viable reason for why the hypothetical "first sponsor" dropped the funding.
Since he was researching in his spare time though, it makes sense that he would have already been called that at least once in the scientific community, after presenting his thesis (before any funding).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 181

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby kkuuddoo » May 1st, 2018, 2:22 pm

After reading this file, I feel like we got very little answers, yet we were left with a lot more questions and possible plot holes.

Here are some of the questions that come to mind since reading this file:

Spoiler:
1- Mary seems to have been somewhat close to the Miyano's to tell them that the KG group is shady, but how did she know, did her husband investigate them?
2- Akemi was at least 5-7 years old, so does Mary know about her and did Elena tell her about expecting another child?
3- The Akai brothers were at least between 10-15 years old then, so did they know about their Aunt Elena, being a Miyano or about Akemi?
4- Did mary hide the fact she had a sister, or her sister married a Miyano, or that her sister had kids?
5- Since Atsushi decide to reconsider, does Mary know that they decided to ignore her warning and join the KG group?
6- Atsushi said that they earn more than enough money to cover the three of them, is that still not enough to cover a fourth family member?
7- Why was Atsushi called a "Mad scientist" once before? and does her think he would be called that again if he joins the KG group?
8- Why is Elena Afraid of Strangers, or dislike them, avoid them?
9- Why is Elena a Doctor is she dislikes or fears strangers since being a doctor means meeting countless numbers of strangers
10- How is Elena half-foreign, is she half Japanese and half British? or something else?
11- What was Atsushi working on before joining the KG?
12- Why is the KG interested in him
13- Why did Atsushi think that Joining the Kg means he was to leave his wife behind? does he mean he had to leave her in the clinic alone or just leave his whole family behind for some research
14- vermouth said they took over that foolish research, and Shiho said the project started at least half a century ago, so did the Miyano's get to do their own research? or did they have to continue the KG research?
15- Since the Miyano parents died shortly after Shiho's birth, as she mentioned, or at least when she was still a baby when did the Miyano's start working for the KG/BO and when did they die exactly?
16- Was it really an accident?
17- Elena said on her tapes to Shiho, that she and her husband had to leave both their daughter behind in order to finish/continue their drug, why did they have to leave them behind, who are they leaving the girls with?
18- Was Elena saying she is leaving to a faraway place because she is joining the KG group or because she knew she was going to die?
19- Since Elena and Atsushi didn't seem to have to work for the KG/BO for a long time before their death, then why did Elena make those tapes, why did she think she won't be there for her kids, and did she really record them because she thought she was gonna die or was it because she had to leave them behind?
20- Why did Elena know/think that Shiho will have to work for the Organization? it clear she had an idea since she asked Shiho saying " Shiho, won't you regret what your about to do? if so, I'm totally on your side, I will never lose faith in you. Do your best ..."

Other questions might include

a- Was Mary still in contact with Elena, or did she lose contact when Elena joined the KG group?
b- What did Mary do when she learned about them joining the KG group? ( if she did know )
c-How did Akai learn that sister Akemi and Shiho are a part of the Organization?

I do think that there are more questions, but I can't think of any at the moment, I must have forgotten some, so feel free to add more questions
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » May 1st, 2018, 3:10 pm

kkuuddoo wrote:After reading this file, I feel like we got very little answers, yet we were left with a lot more questions and possible plot holes.

Here are some of the questions that come to mind since reading this file:

Spoiler:
1- Mary seems to have been somewhat close to the Miyano's to tell them that the KG group is shady, but how did she know, did her husband investigate them?
2- Akemi was at least 5-7 years old, so does Mary know about her and did Elena tell her about expecting another child?
3- The Akai brothers were at least between 10-15 years old then, so did they know about their Aunt Elena, being a Miyano or about Akemi?
4- Did mary hide the fact she had a sister, or her sister married a Miyano, or that her sister had kids?
5- Since Atsushi decide to reconsider, does Mary know that they decided to ignore her warning and join the KG group?
6- Atsushi said that they earn more than enough money to cover the three of them, is that still not enough to cover a fourth family member?
7- Why was Atsushi called a "Mad scientist" once before? and does her think he would be called that again if he joins the KG group?
8- Why is Elena Afraid of Strangers, or dislike them, avoid them?
9- Why is Elena a Doctor is she dislikes or fears strangers since being a doctor means meeting countless numbers of strangers
10- How is Elena half-foreign, is she half Japanese and half British? or something else?
11- What was Atsushi working on before joining the KG?
12- Why is the KG interested in him
13- Why did Atsushi think that Joining the Kg means he was to leave his wife behind? does he mean he had to leave her in the clinic alone or just leave his whole family behind for some research
14- vermouth said they took over that foolish research, and Shiho said the project started at least half a century ago, so did the Miyano's get to do their own research? or did they have to continue the KG research?
15- Since the Miyano parents died shortly after Shiho's birth, as she mentioned, or at least when she was still a baby when did the Miyano's start working for the KG/BO and when did they die exactly?
16- Was it really an accident?
17- Elena said on her tapes to Shiho, that she and her husband had to leave both their daughter behind in order to finish/continue their drug, why did they have to leave them behind, who are they leaving the girls with?
18- Was Elena saying she is leaving to a faraway place because she is joining the KG group or because she knew she was going to die?
19- Since Elena and Atsushi didn't seem to have to work for the KG/BO for a long time before their death, then why did Elena make those tapes, why did she think she won't be there for her kids, and did she really record them because she thought she was gonna die or was it because she had to leave them behind?
20- Why did Elena know/think that Shiho will have to work for the Organization? it clear she had an idea since she asked Shiho saying " Shiho, won't you regret what your about to do? if so, I'm totally on your side, I will never lose faith in you. Do your best ..."

Other questions might include

a- Was Mary still in contact with Elena, or did she lose contact when Elena joined the KG group?
b- What did Mary do when she learned about them joining the KG group? ( if she did know )
c-How did Akai learn that sister Akemi and Shiho are a part of the Organization?

I do think that there are more questions, but I can't think of any at the moment, I must have forgotten some, so feel free to add more questions
Spoiler:
1. Probably her own investigation.
2. Mary probably knows about her niece.
3. The kids may or may not have heard a little about their aunt, but they most likely don't know about their cousin.
4. Maybe, or it was never relevant enough to Mary to talk about.
5. Probably.
6. Might be enough, but it wasn't as assured as before anymore.
7. Because his research ideas is probably controversial and challenges the ethics and morals in the research field, and he probably presented his thesis in Science conventions. Elena seems to care more about him fulfilling his dream, rather than the hardship to get there.
8. She probably closed herself off, after experiencing Rei's hardship as a half-blood.
9. She probably aspires to help people, and doesn't have a problem with interacting with people, so long as it's obligation-tied (as Atsushi pointed out).
10. Exactly that. Her father is probably the Japanese one (judging by the name "Sera").
11. He was working as a doctor, but was doing research on the side.
12. They are interested in his thesis and research ideas, because the research area most likely aligns with theirs.
13. He probably meant that he will not work with her anymore and will spend less time with her due to how busy he will get.
14. The parents worked on the foolish research, but they also worked on their own (the Silver Bullet research).
15. They most likely started working with them soon after the Rei flashback. When they died is unknown though. Could be before or after the Kohji case (if it's after, then that could have lead to them feeling the need to leave the BO, along with their kids, in order to finish the research without people like Kohji getting harmed).
16. Probably not. Was definitely not the BO's doing. Could be Vermouth's.
17. Good question. They were probably trying to leave BO because of their evil nature, since she anticipated that Shiho might take over the research. The kids were probably under BO care.
18. Most likely because she was joining the research team in the KG institution.
19. Read 15 & 17.
20. Read 19.

a- She probably lost contact.
b- If she found out, probably nothing.
c- Probably through underworld sources and investigating BO movement. Perhaps they already had an insider.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 181

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby kkuuddoo » May 1st, 2018, 6:23 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
kkuuddoo wrote:After reading this file, I feel like we got very little answers, yet we were left with a lot more questions and possible plot holes.

Here are some of the questions that come to mind since reading this file:

Spoiler:
1- Mary seems to have been somewhat close to the Miyano's to tell them that the KG group is shady, but how did she know, did her husband investigate them?
2- Akemi was at least 5-7 years old, so does Mary know about her and did Elena tell her about expecting another child?
3- The Akai brothers were at least between 10-15 years old then, so did they know about their Aunt Elena, being a Miyano or about Akemi?
4- Did mary hide the fact she had a sister, or her sister married a Miyano, or that her sister had kids?
5- Since Atsushi decide to reconsider, does Mary know that they decided to ignore her warning and join the KG group?
6- Atsushi said that they earn more than enough money to cover the three of them, is that still not enough to cover a fourth family member?
7- Why was Atsushi called a "Mad scientist" once before? and does her think he would be called that again if he joins the KG group?
8- Why is Elena Afraid of Strangers, or dislike them, avoid them?
9- Why is Elena a Doctor is she dislikes or fears strangers since being a doctor means meeting countless numbers of strangers
10- How is Elena half-foreign, is she half Japanese and half British? or something else?
11- What was Atsushi working on before joining the KG?
12- Why is the KG interested in him
13- Why did Atsushi think that Joining the Kg means he was to leave his wife behind? does he mean he had to leave her in the clinic alone or just leave his whole family behind for some research
14- vermouth said they took over that foolish research, and Shiho said the project started at least half a century ago, so did the Miyano's get to do their own research? or did they have to continue the KG research?
15- Since the Miyano parents died shortly after Shiho's birth, as she mentioned, or at least when she was still a baby when did the Miyano's start working for the KG/BO and when did they die exactly?
16- Was it really an accident?
17- Elena said on her tapes to Shiho, that she and her husband had to leave both their daughter behind in order to finish/continue their drug, why did they have to leave them behind, who are they leaving the girls with?
18- Was Elena saying she is leaving to a faraway place because she is joining the KG group or because she knew she was going to die?
19- Since Elena and Atsushi didn't seem to have to work for the KG/BO for a long time before their death, then why did Elena make those tapes, why did she think she won't be there for her kids, and did she really record them because she thought she was gonna die or was it because she had to leave them behind?
20- Why did Elena know/think that Shiho will have to work for the Organization? it clear she had an idea since she asked Shiho saying " Shiho, won't you regret what your about to do? if so, I'm totally on your side, I will never lose faith in you. Do your best ..."

Other questions might include

a- Was Mary still in contact with Elena, or did she lose contact when Elena joined the KG group?
b- What did Mary do when she learned about them joining the KG group? ( if she did know )
c-How did Akai learn that sister Akemi and Shiho are a part of the Organization?

I do think that there are more questions, but I can't think of any at the moment, I must have forgotten some, so feel free to add more questions
Spoiler:
1. Probably her own investigation.
2. Mary probably knows about her niece.
3. The kids may or may not have heard a little about their aunt, but they most likely don't know about their cousin.
4. Maybe, or it was never relevant enough to Mary to talk about.
5. Probably.
6. Might be enough, but it wasn't as assured as before anymore.
7. Because his research ideas is probably controversial and challenges the ethics and morals in the research field, and he probably presented his thesis in Science conventions. Elena seems to care more about him fulfilling his dream, rather than the hardship to get there.
8. She probably closed herself off, after experiencing Rei's hardship as a half-blood.
9. She probably aspires to help people, and doesn't have a problem with interacting with people, so long as it's obligation-tied (as Atsushi pointed out).
10. Exactly that. Her father is probably the Japanese one (judging by the name "Sera").
11. He was working as a doctor, but was doing research on the side.
12. They are interested in his thesis and research ideas, because the research area most likely aligns with theirs.
13. He probably meant that he will not work with her anymore and will spend less time with her due to how busy he will get.
14. The parents worked on the foolish research, but they also worked on their own (the Silver Bullet research).
15. They most likely started working with them soon after the Rei flashback. When they died is unknown though. Could be before or after the Kohji case (if it's after, then that could have lead to them feeling the need to leave the BO, along with their kids, in order to finish the research without people like Kohji getting harmed).
16. Probably not. Was definitely not the BO's doing. Could be Vermouth's.
17. Good question. They were probably trying to leave BO because of their evil nature, since she anticipated that Shiho might take over the research. The kids were probably under BO care.
18. Most likely because she was joining the research team in the KG institution.
19. Read 15 & 17.
20. Read 19.

a- She probably lost contact.
b- If she found out, probably nothing.
c- Probably through underworld sources and investigating BO movement. Perhaps they already had an insider.


Spoiler:
Good answers and possibilities

We just need to wait for Gosho to either confirm them or possibly give different events to what actually happened

Thanks, I thought a lot about those questions and their possible answers, hopefully, Gosho will answer at least some of them soon.

What questions do you have?
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1236

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby MeiTanteixX » May 1st, 2018, 6:49 pm

kkuuddoo wrote:
Spoiler:
Good answers and possibilities

We just need to wait for Gosho to either confirm them or possibly give different events to what actually happened

Thanks, I thought a lot about those questions and their possible answers, hopefully, Gosho will answer at least some of them soon.

What questions do you have?
three questions that are currently in mind:
Spoiler:
1. Did Atsushi lend Dejima his house due to his research being funded and him moving to a new research facility 30 years ago, or was him lending his house to Dejima unrelated to something like that?

2. Did the parents die before or after Kohji case? If it's after, was the Kohji case the reason the parents wanted to leave their kids and Elena making the tapes for Shiho(in anticipation that she will work for the BO in the future)?

3. Did the BO change their name from "Karasuma Group" to something else? If so, was it because of the Kohji case?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 181

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby kkuuddoo » May 1st, 2018, 9:20 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
kkuuddoo wrote:
Spoiler:
Good answers and possibilities

We just need to wait for Gosho to either confirm them or possibly give different events to what actually happened

Thanks, I thought a lot about those questions and their possible answers, hopefully, Gosho will answer at least some of them soon.

What questions do you have?
three questions that are currently in mind:
Spoiler:
1. Did Atsushi lend Dejima his house due to his research being funded and him moving to a new research facility 30 years ago, or was him lending his house to Dejima unrelated to something like that?

2. Did the parents die before or after Kohji case? If it's after, was the Kohji case the reason the parents wanted to leave their kids and Elena making the tapes for Shiho(in anticipation that she will work for the BO in the future)?

3. Did the BO change their name from "Karasuma Group" to something else? If so, was it because of the Kohji case?


Spoiler:
Those are really great questions, it would be great if Gosho answers them soon.

For the first one, I would like Gosho to explain because the current file really got us confused with the timeline. Atsushi left 30 years ago for a new research facility, but we see him with his wife running a clinic and considering joining the Karasuma Group.

Knowing when Haibara's parents die will indeed give us more clues as to what could have happened, and similar to me, I think the timing of their death is essential to reveal things and keep the plot going forward

As to the KG changing their name, I think that they could have actually changed their name to improve their reputation or to shade some of their old and bad actions, including Kohji's Death.

Overall, I think your questions are on point, thanks for sharing them, and I really do hope we get something, ( maybe we will have to wait for chiba to realize neiko) but after that, we hopefully should get some plot going.
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
jason342
User avatar
Posts: 13

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,0XX

Postby jason342 » May 2nd, 2018, 9:43 am

Does this revelation mean that akai dated his own cousin? man that's gotta suck for him to find out that he was possibly the reason for his own cousins death. My own theory is that gin grew suspicious of akemi's relationship with akai after he was exposed as an FBI agent and plotted with the boss's permission to create a scenario, wherein akemi would fail a mission and would then be subject to death. Gin of course decided to kill her anyway because there was no way a member in contact with the FBI would be left alive and the reason for the heist was just an excuse for her to screw up so that gin could later justify killing her to Shiho (who was crucial to the boss's research at the time).
dccd
User avatar
Posts: 183

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,009–1,012

Postby dccd » May 2nd, 2018, 10:39 am

Spoiler:
It's the start of a long series from next chapter!...


The clash is coming...
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests