Did Itakura get another mention since his murder case?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Adel34

Did Itakura get another mention since his murder case?

Postby Adel34 » January 2nd, 2018, 6:06 pm

Aoyama made such a big deal out oh his program which "cannot be completed for the sake of humanity", but I can't recall a time he or the program was ever mentioned since then and that was years ago. Or maybe I've missed some information. Do we know anything more about this program or Itakura? I'm only watching anime, but trying to keep up with the plot developments of the manga. Was, for example, he mentioned in the Rum arc as of yet?
Swagnarok

Re: Did Itakura get another mention since his murder case?

Postby Swagnarok » January 2nd, 2018, 6:14 pm

Yes, in the Bell Tree Express case (701-704). He was mentioned as having been seen arguing with Sharon Vineyard, if I recall.
I don't think Gosho's forgotten about him, and I think that at some point in the future Gosho will elaborate on the matter.
Spoiler:
Cherry Blossoms raining down
Just like snow mingled with blood
The fallout from our terrible choices
From the heavens that have rejected us

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Adel34

Postby Adel34 » January 3rd, 2018, 6:15 am

I see. Thanks for the info. I'll look into that case again.
Whiskey

Cool, I have words under my name

Postby Whiskey » March 20th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Yeah, Itakura's program is one of the series biggest mysteries along with Vermouth's age. We've been waiting for the answers to this for so long already...
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » March 21st, 2018, 3:08 pm

Most likely the Program either has the antidote, some secret info on the Organisation, some other dark businesses of the organisations, info on haibara's parents death, or has the info about Vermouth's age secret , hence the reason why she was into it and went on to fight Itakura for it as far as i remember.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » March 22nd, 2018, 6:00 am

Itakura was but a Computer Graphics programmer, and the famed program was something he'd begun working on before Tequila approached him but had given up on it due to his increasing bad sight.

Then Vermouth incited him to contact them and told him to finish it in a year's time, that's when he wrote he couldn't complete it "for humanity's sake" in the diary.

So whatever it was it wasn't related to the BO originally, it was something else.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"