Gosho Aoyama Interview about the BO Boss (November 30, 2017)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Uchiha Shadow

Re: Gosho Aoyama Interview about the BO Boss (November 30, 2017)

Postby Uchiha Shadow » December 14th, 2017, 2:35 pm

Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:
About the org name : what.... Then where the hell that information comes from?...it was the core of my theory
About the carasuma Code : fufufu.... I was right.
About the seven children, the crow theme for BO's opening and the black suit: O_O is that a hint??? I never thought it before...

Spoiler:
Yeah the Organization's name thingy is weird as hell to me, it was also a major argument in the Karasuma theory.
caribou

Postby caribou » December 25th, 2017, 8:14 am

I'm wondering about this part:

Spoiler:
4代目くらいですね。ちなみに、「あの方」という言葉が最初に出てきたのは24巻でジンが「あの方直々の命令だ…」というシーンです、その時から「組織にはボスがいる」と決められていたんですか?
Interviewer: It was the 4th one. By the way, the first time that the word “That Person” appeared was in the scene of Volume 24 when he says “It’s a direct order from That Person”. You’d already decided then that “The Organization has a Boss”?”

青山 ぶっちゃけ1巻から決めてたよ(笑)でも実はボスが(ピー)は、この24巻からかなぁ…。でもホンとは(ピー)なんだけどね(笑)
Aoyama: To be frank, I’d decided that ever since Volume 1 (laughs) But, actually the Boss being (beep) was from Volume 24, I think… But, in truth, it’s (beep) (laughs)

I went back to read the file in question in Volume 24 and in the manga scanlation, Gin didn't just say that it was a direct order, but rather:

Spoiler:
"Sorry, my order was to kill you ... I was given the order in person!"

Does anyone know if that is an accurate translation? If it is, it is possible (though not 100% certain, since Gin was not always at the scene) that Anokata was one of the people present at the hotel during that incident :0
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

Kor

Postby Kor » December 25th, 2017, 8:39 am

caribou wrote:I'm wondering about this part:

Spoiler:
4代目くらいですね。ちなみに、「あの方」という言葉が最初に出てきたのは24巻でジンが「あの方直々の命令だ…」というシーンです、その時から「組織にはボスがいる」と決められていたんですか?
Interviewer: It was the 4th one. By the way, the first time that the word “That Person” appeared was in the scene of Volume 24 when he says “It’s a direct order from That Person”. You’d already decided then that “The Organization has a Boss”?”

青山 ぶっちゃけ1巻から決めてたよ(笑)でも実はボスが(ピー)は、この24巻からかなぁ…。でもホンとは(ピー)なんだけどね(笑)
Aoyama: To be frank, I’d decided that ever since Volume 1 (laughs) But, actually the Boss being (beep) was from Volume 24, I think… But, in truth, it’s (beep) (laughs)

I went back to read the file in question in Volume 24 and in the manga scanlation, Gin didn't just say that it was a direct order, but rather:

Spoiler:
"Sorry, my order was to kill you ... I was given the order in person!"

Does anyone know if that is an accurate translation? If it is, it is possible (though not 100% certain, since Gin was not always at the scene) that Anokata was one of the people present at the hotel during that incident :0

No, it's crap translation, just like most of the translations of the earlier parts of the manga that you'll find in scanlation sites.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » December 25th, 2017, 9:47 am

Oh man Gosho plays Tsum Tsum (Dumbo is cutest Tsum in general, Ariel's the best in the game) I haven't played it in like 2 years :V
and reads March Comes in Like a Lion *_*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » December 25th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Aooyamaaaa!! What is this?
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
Adel34

Postby Adel34 » January 11th, 2018, 4:27 am

What's going on with the "beeps"? Is it information that no one present at that time is allowed to say to the readers?
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » January 11th, 2018, 5:45 am

Yeah, exactly. He's teasing us and purposely told the interview to censor these parts because else he'd be giving out the answer and thinks it'd ruin the grace of figuring it out by ourselves.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » January 11th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Oh my god what the hell is going on. I need to start reading again…