What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
irishock
Posts: 183

What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby irishock » October 15th, 2017, 5:23 am

For me it's a no-brainer: Shuuichi and Shiho are actually cousins.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1245

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 15th, 2017, 6:57 am

ShinRan becoming as official as Subaru=Akai.
(I feel like I'm still dreaming)
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
K.O.R.N
User avatar
Posts: 62

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby K.O.R.N » October 15th, 2017, 8:39 am

Development of Wakita, as he's framed as one of the Rum suspects.
Scanlator
blackmoon
User avatar
Posts: 87

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby blackmoon » May 8th, 2018, 4:52 am

Well, this is hardly considered 'recent' but maybe this theme would become a comeback again? (And besides, I know of no other suitable discussion to discuss this...)

In the Special Volume 26 released on December 24, 2005 in Japan (File 11 - 12)

Haibara recalls her memory at the time she was working for Black Organization. From there, Haibara and Conan conclude the only possible person having knowledge about that is Black Organization member Generic, who has knowledge about APTX 4869 and works together with Sherry in a few times.

Honda is revealed to be Generic. It turns out he escapes the Black Organization using the same method as Sherry. Along the way, Generic develops a mind control drug and a memory erasure drug. Using the mind control drug, he alters the thinking of a couple whose their son died and takes over the role as their surrogate son. He researches on the effect of APTX 4869, in which he finds Haibara as Sherry in the shrunken form, and kidnaps Haibara on the way.

Honda confesses to Haibara, hoping they could be together and escape the Black Organization. When Haibara objects, saying she will fight the Black Organization, Honda threatens her and Conan with the memory erasure drug. However, Genta shoots a slingshot to Honda, causing the drug backfire on Honda.

In the end, Conan and Haibara forgive Honda, hoping he could find peace with his new childhood life."

Gosho introducing in the special edition about mind control drug and a memory erasure drug. Isn't that baffling enough? Fuu fuu... what if one is given both a memory erasure drug and a mind control drug and become another person with another memory and identity? Basically then BO can 'revive the dead' by brainwashing another person into thinking what BO want him\her to be. Karasuma can then live on forever simply through kidnapping another person's body and 'revive' Karasuma again and again. ;)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
MoonRaven
User avatar

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Posts: 4519

Contact:

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby MoonRaven » May 8th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Umm, you do know that the Special Volumes are written by Gosho's assistants? Nothing in them is canon even though some cases have gotten and AO episode.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.


My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 735

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » May 8th, 2018, 12:39 pm

irishock wrote:What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?


The dying message meaning from the Kohji case

First we hear about the case
we are told that someone name Asaka was present
we are told that the message means Asaka Rum by the main character, Conan
later we are told that Rum was present by the longest recurring antagonist, Gin
then we have Wakasa Rumi, whose fake name uses the same letter split

but then the message ends up meaning something else
none of our main arc characters seem to have figured it out and ulimately
it was up to Yusaku to come and spoil it.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
blackmoon
User avatar
Posts: 87

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby blackmoon » May 9th, 2018, 1:09 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
irishock wrote:What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?


The dying message meaning from the Kohji case

First we hear about the case
we are told that someone name Asaka was present
we are told that the message means Asaka Rum by the main character, Conan
later we are told that Rum was present by the longest recurring antagonist, Gin
then we have Wakasa Rumi, whose fake name uses the same letter split

but then the message ends up meaning something else
none of our main arc characters seem to have figured it out and ulimately
it was up to Yusaku to come and spoil it.


Yes I agree. Nobody really figured it out and it is baffling. I think it would be even MORE baffling if it turns out that RUM is actually another new character yet to be introduced rather than the 4 possible candidates of Wakita, Rumi, Kuroda, and Iori. :P

Image
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1245

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby MeiTanteixX » May 9th, 2018, 1:49 am

blackmoon wrote:Yes I agree. Nobody really figured it out and it is baffling. I think it would be even MORE baffling if it turns out that RUM is actually another new character yet to be introduced rather than the 4 possible candidates of Wakita, Rumi, Kuroda, and Iori. :P

Spoiler:
Image
Nobody figured out that it could be rearranged as CARASUMA?
Actually, many were already aware of this possibility, because the anagram was discovered since the first time the mirror message was established, but especially in DCTP, many didn't want to believe that Renya was relevant.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 735

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » May 9th, 2018, 7:28 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
blackmoon wrote:Yes I agree. Nobody really figured it out and it is baffling. I think it would be even MORE baffling if it turns out that RUM is actually another new character yet to be introduced rather than the 4 possible candidates of Wakita, Rumi, Kuroda, and Iori. :P

Spoiler:
Image
Nobody figured out that it could be rearranged as CARASUMA?
Actually, many were already aware of this possibility, because the anagram was discovered since the first time the mirror message was established, but especially in DCTP, many didn't want to believe that Renya was relevant.


I think they meant that no one in the manga figured it out. There were already two clear suspect names and the message could be used to display both names which made the characters not look into it any further. Since they assumed that Asaka was a fake name and knew that Rum would be a code name, they made the jump to believing that it was two names for the same person.

Having a second solution to the same dying message that ultimately still points at the BO as the perpetrator of the crime feels a bit redundant. And with Karasuma still being a family name and not a given name, we don't know if it points to the "Karasuma Group" or an individual like Renya or possibly one of Renya's descendants, which could be Rum.

Then you can throw the Shogi piece in on top of that since we don't have the manga's explanation of its purpose there could yet still be a third interpretation of the dying message that then could specify more.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1245

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby MeiTanteixX » May 9th, 2018, 10:35 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
blackmoon wrote:Yes I agree. Nobody really figured it out and it is baffling. I think it would be even MORE baffling if it turns out that RUM is actually another new character yet to be introduced rather than the 4 possible candidates of Wakita, Rumi, Kuroda, and Iori. :P

Spoiler:
Image
Nobody figured out that it could be rearranged as CARASUMA?
Actually, many were already aware of this possibility, because the anagram was discovered since the first time the mirror message was established, but especially in DCTP, many didn't want to believe that Renya was relevant.


I think they meant that no one in the manga figured it out. There were already two clear suspect names and the message could be used to display both names which made the characters not look into it any further. Since they assumed that Asaka was a fake name and knew that Rum would be a code name, they made the jump to believing that it was two names for the same person.

Having a second solution to the same dying message that ultimately still points at the BO as the perpetrator of the crime feels a bit redundant. And with Karasuma still being a family name and not a given name, we don't know if it points to the "Karasuma Group" or an individual like Renya or possibly one of Renya's descendants, which could be Rum.

Then you can throw the Shogi piece in on top of that since we don't have the manga's explanation of its purpose there could yet still be a third interpretation of the dying message that then could specify more.
Very true.
Among the many reasons why the Kohji case is standing out to me as one of the most engaging mysteries Gosho has created.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1452

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby k11chi » May 11th, 2018, 7:28 am

Seeing Atsushi and Elena in flesh and a real flashback. Nonchalantly just talk about Karasuma group and how they act. Imagine if Haibara was not going to be born, Atsushi would have declined the offer and probably not even created whatever he was going to, APTX or not. The way Gosho did it was cool because it makes the feel too "at home," nothing was wrong in the world before, they didn't know the effects the project would have and it felt so casual for something so big. Also the project was his idea entirely... Elena must have gotten caught up in it. Maybe he got taken as hostage when he finally said he doesn't want to do it anymore.
blackmoon
User avatar
Posts: 87

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby blackmoon » May 12th, 2018, 7:42 am

There is one more thing i find intriguing... which is how Gosho suddenly dropped this character 紅葉 Momiji 大岡 Ōoka in a certain file like how a helicopter suddenly flew in from nowhere and somehow landed right on top of the house of someone's roof. ;D
Image
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
jason342
User avatar
Posts: 13

Re: What is the most baffling recent development in Conan?

Postby jason342 » May 12th, 2018, 4:32 pm

Atsushi being more innocent and naive than i thought originally. Or at least maybe he grew colder the longer he worked for the BO as all members are tested vigorously to determine their loyalty. Also that elena is half japanese, as i was certain that she would be fully british since mary was hinted at being her sister and i assumed that she was definitely fully british (with some mi6 ties).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests