Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X (manga on break until 11.29.17)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X

Postby Kor » October 22nd, 2017, 10:29 am

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
Kor wrote:This is a discussion thread about the current case in the manga. Naturally, I was talking about that.

I wasn't know; so why did you anger

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. At no point was I even slightly angry at anyone.

If you're referring to this post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13351&start=75#p876600), it didn't have anything to do with what you said.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 22nd, 2017, 10:46 am

K.O.R.N wrote:Anyone here thinks that there's a chance the Rum suspects can show up in this case, and RIGHT after this case? I guess this case is a regular 3-chap case, 1006-1008, like usual, since Gosho doesn't normally put 2 cases of more than 3 chaps together.

I have been thinking that the media fuss can cause people's attention, like superintendent Kuroda, or chef Wakita. Initially I thought they would come to Kudo's house just to spy on them. With Kuroda he can step in and interfere with the media but that could be too big of a reveal as he is an ally...Now, I think they will appear elsewhere, in a panel or 2...thinking of something...

I begin to wonder if any of the current suspets is actually Rum. I kinda think that Rum didn't appear in manga yet, and all of that current suspects are just red herrings.

But I doubt they (Kuroda and Wakita) would go to Kudo's house. At least not at this time when the press is occupying the house. I think for now they're just watching the situation and think what to do with that next. Shinichi oficially is considered dead, and now it turned out that he's alive. They must think what;s going on instead of rushing anywhere.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » October 22nd, 2017, 1:55 pm

Kor wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
Kor wrote:This is a discussion thread about the current case in the manga. Naturally, I was talking about that.

I wasn't know; so why did you anger

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. At no point was I even slightly angry at anyone.

If you're referring to this post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13351&start=75#p876600), it didn't have anything to do with what you said.

yes, i thought this link was when you answered me; so I don't know what you meant at that time
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 23rd, 2017, 11:50 pm

K.O.R.N wrote:Anyone here thinks that there's a chance the Rum suspects can show up in this case, and RIGHT after this case? I guess this case is a regular 3-chap case, 1006-1008, like usual, since Gosho doesn't normally put 2 cases of more than 3 chaps together.

I have been thinking that the media fuss can cause people's attention, like superintendent Kuroda, or chef Wakita. Initially I thought they would come to Kudo's house just to spy on them. With Kuroda he can step in and interfere with the media but that could be too big of a reveal as he is an ally...Now, I think they will appear elsewhere, in a panel or 2...thinking of something...

Keeping the general pacing of modern DC in mind, it's really just a question of exactly when those developments/occurrences will transpire—be that exactly when during this case, and/or the next few cases.

I'd say we're definitely slated for Rei/Toru/Bourbon to encounter at least one of the suspects—I'd say Kanenori's the most likely, considering Rei's/Toru's/Bourbon's line in 981–983. Next would be Hyoe, given that—swap during coma or otherwise—Hyoe's affiliated with the NPA. He and Rumi may meet as she gets closer to Shinichi/Conan and as he seems to be keen to make a move against Shuichi/Subaru.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ryndk

Postby ryndk » October 25th, 2017, 10:21 pm

so the next chapter will be out tomorrow, am i right?
Kor

Postby Kor » October 25th, 2017, 10:49 pm

ryndk wrote:so the next chapter will be out tomorrow, am i right?

No. It's officially released on November 1st. We may get spoilers on Friday or Saturday (or later).
Kor

Postby Kor » October 27th, 2017, 5:43 pm

So.... news from Jecka:

Jecka: at the time he (my source) didn't yet have the full issue yet but he actually confirmed that Conan is NOT in issue 49 nor is he in the preview for 50
Jecka: the break is longer than announced

So based on this, kinda looks like Conan isn't back in issue 49 (the issue it was SUPPOSED to come back on). Does it mean that DC's not back on issue 50 too for certain? Dunno. We entered the wild west territory, it seems. :-X
K.O.R.N

Postby K.O.R.N » October 27th, 2017, 7:22 pm

No, the file release has been pushed down to November 15th. I can confirm that this is the case. Very unfortunate...
Scanlator
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 27th, 2017, 9:50 pm

. . . . Hopefully it's just time related, as in maybe he went on vacation for 3 weeks and came back and was like oops and has to start now with the chapters. He's a busy man after all.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » October 28th, 2017, 1:36 am

Yeah, he really should provide a reason for this further delay.

(Some comments like "Gosho is probably dead", even if they were meant as a joke, are currently not helpful...)
K.O.R.N

Postby K.O.R.N » October 29th, 2017, 12:57 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Keeping the general pacing of modern DC in mind, it's really just a question of exactly when those developments/occurrences will transpire—be that exactly when during this case, and/or the next few cases.

I'd say we're definitely slated for Rei/Toru/Bourbon to encounter at least one of the suspects—I'd say Kanenori's the most likely, considering Rei's/Toru's/Bourbon's line in 981–983. Next would be Hyoe, given that—swap during coma or otherwise—Hyoe's affiliated with the NPA. He and Rumi may meet as she gets closer to Shinichi/Conan and as he seems to be keen to make a move against Shuichi/Subaru.

Interesting, but I think making Rei and Wakita meet would be too much of a reveal, so probably that ain't gonna happen any time soon. It only seems to me that Gosho has been hiding Wakita much more than other suspects.
Scanlator
Kor

Postby Kor » October 29th, 2017, 1:25 pm

K.O.R.N wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

Interesting, but I think making Rei and Wakita meet would be too much of a reveal, so probably that ain't gonna happen any time soon. It only seems to me that Gosho has been hiding Wakita much more than other suspects.

I don't really think he's been hiding him as much as its Gosho's unfortunate pacing. For example, after the first two cases with Kuroda, he didn't appear for 60 files.

There's also the scheduling factor. He introduced Wakita, so here we have a bunch of suspects, but wait we can't really focus on that now cause we need to introduce the butler of the chick from the new movie who has the hots for Heiji. Actually let's throw another Heiji case with those two cause more movie promotion. And then 1000 is coming up and Gosho wants it to be some trip in Kyoto with Shinichi, but before that he wants to "build up" the trip so there are two cases that are build-up to the trip. We basically had 5 cases focusing on Heiji stuff and Kyoto trip (out of 8 cases since Wakita appeared).
So it's not really that Wakita is hidden as much as he fell victim to typical DC pacing, an increasing amount of breaks, the recent trend of the manga participating in the movies' promotion and Gosho's desire to focus on several other things first.
Incomplete-tantei

"No Pain, No Gain."

Postby Incomplete-tantei » October 31st, 2017, 9:50 am

But at least Kuroda appeared in 2 cases in a row. Whereas Wakita only got one. Moreover, Kuroda's background is way more interesting than Wakita's. We don't know anything about his coma, why he changed so much, his eye and such. For me, the fact that Wakita only got an introduction case so far simply means he's not as important as the other 2 Rum susepcts. At least that's what it seems to me, I might be wrong though.
Serinox

Postby Serinox » October 31st, 2017, 10:41 am

Incomplete-tantei wrote:But at least Kuroda appeared in 2 cases in a row. Whereas Wakita only got one.

Wakita appeared in 2 cases in a row as well, even in the same manner as Kuroda. First the introduction case and then cameo at the end of the following case.
Incomplete-tantei

"No Pain, No Gain."

Postby Incomplete-tantei » October 31st, 2017, 11:24 am

Well yeah, I get what you mean, but he doesn't appear like Kuroda talking with people and such. Out of his 3 appearances, 2 of his are just brief ones in order to make him seem suspicious and he appears with other Rum susepects.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”