Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Themaninarmor » December 14th, 2017, 8:57 am

To give it to people whose alive for resurrect the dead??
What sort of reaction do you expect from that??
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1132

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Nemomon » December 14th, 2017, 9:08 am

This isn't as far-fetched as it sounds. After all the ultimate goal is to make the body (a)live. Therefore the drug should affect the alive body somehow as well, and they wanted to see how it will affect it. Also, maybe the BO tested the drug on both dead and alive bodies. The goal was not only to bring Renya back to life (he was 99 at the time of his death), but also to make him younger, or at least never age, so a living test subject was needed. Maybe the drug was meant to have many uses, and therefore different uses were tested on different bodies.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona
User avatar
Posts: 159

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » December 14th, 2017, 9:47 am

As i asked you before, the do you think that this is a ROD anime? 


AnywY, if his is the finale, then i really will explode the entire anime

I did mention about that Rei will go against Shinchi next time after going against haibara and akai and all these things for no reason
Uchiha Shadow
User avatar
Posts: 291

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Uchiha Shadow » December 14th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
For me Renya is not Anokata and never was. The BO was found a little after Renya died, and its goal was/is to resurrect Renya.

This solves the issue with the mansion being sold to some strangers, and Renya not being enough smart to be the boss.

Renya's body probably is kept somewhere awaiting its resurrection. The Boss is probably Renya's only son wanting to bring him back to life. Vermouth in this story could even been a whore and later a test subject that was taken by the Boss as his playgirl and later drugged by Silver Bullet to see how it will work on a body. Vermouth not having anywhere else to go stayed with the BO, but wants to take it down as a revenge of what they did to her. This is also why she's his favourite and has some freedom but not completely.

This also explains why it was Yusaku who found out who the Boss is. He guessed the family name right, but not the Boss' identity (this one will be Shinichi's job).

Spoiler:
That latest Gosho interview makes it quite clear that at the very least Karasuma is the founder/former boss of the BO, if not the current Boss, also I'm pretty sure he "died"(could be faked) 40 years ago, according to Haibara the research of the BO started almost 50 years ago,
so I don't get your point. Renya hiding as someone else is more likely than there being a completely new boss right now imo, because you might as well pick any random character and he turns out to be the boss, but at least if it's still Karasuma, even though any random character canb e him,
his true identity has been hinted to be the boss, if you get what I mean.
Dr-anime
Posts: 6

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Dr-anime » December 14th, 2017, 8:23 pm

wow never knew i would be back to this forum this fast !!!! yeah cuz gosho just discussed many things in one chapters and i’m thankful for the quick pace yet a little disappointed on the way he revealed the boss name using conan father which means ( it’s 100%the truth ) it’s really renya karausuma ( hopefully not any other family member or current vs past boss cuz i would be really dissapointed )
i’m hoping for renya misteriously exists as non-aging vermouth wouldn’t that be sooooo cooool ??? yeah it’s definitly the best plot for me

i find ur suggestions the drug was invented for reviving the boss is amuzing but is it gosho way for doing things ! not sure , but that would explain why the drug is an evil project ( cuz i think non aging is less creepy than reviving dead )

and wakita ( i have always believed he’s BO member ) but i’ll be very happy if he’s really RUM , he looks a little unfriendly so that do it for me

at this point i don’t care who is who as much as i care about the upcoming events , i’m really waiting for FBI vs BO moments like those which happened before
hamster37
User avatar
Posts: 1

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby hamster37 » December 14th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Hi, I have been lurking around this forum for a few years now but never actually posted any of my thoughts haha
I liked DC since 2013 ( might not have been long ) but i catched up with all the anime episodes and manga chapters
Glad to be able to join this community :)

Assuming Yusaku is right,
Spoiler:
I kinda expected that the BO was related to the Karasuma family (because of the crows) so I wasnt exactly surprised. However,
I really dont think that Renya Karasuma is the boss (currently). As we know, DC is based off Holmes, so if Shinichi/Conan is Holmes, that means Anokata is Moriarty. Moriarty is in fact holmes 'rival' meaning that anokata must be relatively smart. Renya on the other hand was not able to solve the riddle, indicating he is not Shinichi's match. Thus he is probably not Anokata of the present

We know that Renya is a rather cruel person, he killed detectives 40 odd years ago in order to receive the treasure quicker. In the manga, we know that Renya is hungry for money (treasure), this is extremely different from B.O's true goal, which is to achieve immortality of the sort. If Renya really was the Boss (but passed), then it does not make sense that the B.O has fully given up on the treasure from the mansion. Although there is a possibility that their motive shifted after his death/ renya on the verge of death felt like living longer thus making the B.O focus on drug developments.

Lastly, I am positive that Vermouth is not the mother of Renya or Anokata, Japanese people respect their parents and have a huge emphasis on filial piety thus I doubt that the Boss would actually order their Mother around.


Spoiler:
I had a sudden thought that Renya's Mother might be the Boss, no evidence but it might be possible, since she was the actual owner of the mansion


I apologise if any of the above are wrong haha :)
caniran
User avatar

Arsenius

Posts: 21

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby caniran » December 15th, 2017, 6:27 pm

Spoiler:
First Theory : Renya took early prototype of the APTX 4869 and is now someone completly different!
Second Theory : Renya was the founder the died and now a direct relative is the new leader.
Third Theory : RUM is either the grandson/daughter or the son/daughter of Renya and maybe he/she is the son/daughter of Vermouth!
blackmoon
User avatar
Posts: 87

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby blackmoon » December 17th, 2017, 12:32 am

Well, just had the wildest presumption in mind... what if BO or RUm found out about the relationship between Ran and Shinichi (which I would assume they already do) and decide to kidnap Ran to force Shinichi to come out from hiding and meet them in person to confirm whether he is dead or alive and whether he is normal age or a shrank kid? THAT would really speed up the progress of everything would it not? ;D
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 186

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby kkuuddoo » December 17th, 2017, 12:42 am

Well well well,

I am honestly excited about this progress and excited for more, it just sucks that we might have to wait for +3 month for the next file.

I just have a random question, Is 1008 the end of this series? or is 1009 linked to the same series.
Is it 1006 - 1008 or is it 1006 - ? ( 1009 or more )
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Meitanti-San
Posts: 3

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Meitanti-San » December 17th, 2017, 12:51 am

kkuuddoo wrote:Well well well,

I am honestly excited about this progress and excited for more, it just sucks that we might have to wait for +3 month for the next file.

I just have a random question, Is 1008 the end of this series? or is 1009 linked to the same series.
Is it 1006 - 1008 or is it 1006 - ? ( 1009 or more )


im guessing its the end of the series. DB found the girl and shinichis public drama was over.
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 186

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby kkuuddoo » December 17th, 2017, 12:56 am

Meitanti-San wrote:
kkuuddoo wrote:Well well well,

I am honestly excited about this progress and excited for more, it just sucks that we might have to wait for +3 month for the next file.

I just have a random question, Is 1008 the end of this series? or is 1009 linked to the same series.
Is it 1006 - 1008 or is it 1006 - ? ( 1009 or more )


im guessing its the end of the series. DB found the girl and shinichis public drama was over.


I agree with you,
They found Maria-chan and Shinichi's media coverage has ended, however, I do remember someone mentioning something about file 1008 not being the series revolution, maybe in the C-box chats.

As I am not sure, this is why am asking, since here it mentions in the title 1006-1008, I thought it might be indeed the series revolution, but still, I am unsure. Maybe because the magazine didn't mention it was the series revolution, as it focused on
Spoiler:
Renya being the boss finally revealed


If I remember correctly, The magazine usually mentions if its the revolution or that the next file is the revolution, but none this time, this is why I am asking, please correct me if I'm wrong though !
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2955

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby Kor » December 17th, 2017, 3:47 am

At the end of 1007 it didn't say the next chapter will be the resolution. Later (as far as I recall) the Shonen Sunday website said in its preview that 1008 will be the series resolution.
Image
JohnTitor
Posts: 311

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Manga On Hiatus)

Postby JohnTitor » December 17th, 2017, 9:36 am

That 2-page spread. Christmas came a bit early.
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 186

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Postby kkuuddoo » December 17th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Kor wrote:At the end of 1007 it didn't say the next chapter will be the resolution. Later (as far as I recall) the Shonen Sunday website said in its preview that 1008 will be the series resolution.


Ok, Thanks Kor

I guess I missed that! I guess we will have to wait for a long time for the new series! Patients is a challenge but is doable.
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
mtcc
Posts: 37

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Manga On Hiatus)

Postby mtcc » December 19th, 2017, 7:40 am

fun or maybe trivia
time is money
TIS= Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests