Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Andarer

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Manga On Hiatus)

Post by Andarer »

Hum. I was thinking. Rum had supposedly already appeared before 2014. Wakita is kinda new. What if katsumata = wakita (fake teeth and some change of look) abd rum was warning that "that enemy's new identity is Wakita" with his "time is money"?
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Probably the latter. Wakita is too suspicious to be an evil person, but suspicious enough to be a good guy who is trying to stop some real horrible people from killing Kogoro and /or Shinichi.
K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

Wakita isn't a good person. I'm pretty confident in this. The setup that he's a "Tokyoite", who represents justice, righteousness, etc is just a red herring to make him appear good.
Scanlator
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Wakita is portrayed with heavy Rum hint, Rum description and Haibara is no allowed to meet him. Well still would you think that he's being presented as a good man? I would say he's being implied as a Rum suspect with bad intentions, on the surface.

If you scratch it you can know that this guy is intercepting Rum's possible targets, why is he doing that? And Rum's mysterious message? Coupled with Tsutomu's quotes doing rounds in BO?

He's Rum's enemy in disguise and Rum is probably wary of him.
Absenta

Post by Absenta »

Zerozaki4869 wrote:Wakita's actions are unbecoming of a BO agent. He is rash and literally begs Kogoro to accompany the latter to a murder case, he just contrives a delivery out of thin air and sneaks around Shinichi's house, while it was surrounded by reporters, even he ventures out to Agasa's house to get info. Has a very distinguished way of talking and using idioms(like Kansuke and Kumei)and unlike Bourbon comes off as more suspicious, as if he's running out of time. But given the fact that Gosho acknowledges that Akai Tsutomu has some secret relationship with Gin/BO, I think it's fair to assume that he infiltrated BO and now is on the move due to some severe Rum expose. Also Gin was of the opinion that if Kogoro knows too much they would kill him while he sleeps. So it'sa chance that Kogoro's next case can be something related to BO and then Kogoro would be sitting duck. So I'm of the opinion that Wakita's virtual begging was a plan to get closer to Kogoro and advertise the fact so that Kogoro won't be killed by Gin as Gin would think Wakita is keeping an eye on Kogoro for them. And probably Wakita's plan that he will keep Kogoro under watch isn't bought by um, so he's telling Bourbn to keep an eye on Wakita.

I really like this theory. I am quite sure that Wakita is Tsutomu and that he is a infiltrated high ranked member in BO, close to Gin and with a rivalry against Rum. The biggest rat of BO, as Bourbon is the best detective inside BO, Rum sent him to follow Wakita Kanenori (Time is money) because Rum has a big suspicion now.

Plus, Wakita Kanenori was introduced just after Tsutomu´s first apparition, that´s very Gosho style.
misc86

Post by misc86 »

How long has the longest hiatus been for the manga?
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

misc86 wrote:How long has the longest hiatus been for the manga?
In the hiatus of 2015, there were first 8 weeks of hiatus, then there was one case published (4 new chapters), and then the hiatus continued for 7 more weeks before publication turned back to normal. So overall the hiatus was 15 weeks, but the longest amount of time in a row were those 8 weeks.
If on Wednesday we don't get news that Conan will be published on next week's issue (February 7), then it means we'll get to 8 weeks in a row again without Conan. Potentially the current hiatus may become the longest hiatus (in a row) for the manga.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Well, Vermouth used a disguise to cover her true face, and before Bourbon was formally introduced as BO member, he used the disguise of scar Akai. Before Muga Iroi was formally introduced, he also appeared in a sort of disguise (at least his loooong hair was hidden by a suspicious looking cap that resembles Tsutomu's). Now, if there is a pattern for anyone who appears in a disguise to be somehow associated with BO, then is it possible that there may be another face behind that face of Watika's? :P

LoL, just found this photo of 'Rum' so funny. ^-^
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

has Gosho said in any interviews at what chapter, for how many years more till manga ends?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

No. In previous years he said it might reach up to 100 volumes but in more recent times he admitted that it'll take over 100 volumes.

Some people have taken the latest reveal as "rushing" given how he also had to take a hiatus due to health / work habits issues but it's not necessarily the case, there's still a lot to address and work on.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

Yeah, but we have to consider that the latest files already covers Volume 95, meaning that Volume 100 isn't that far away, when Gosho continues to draw again.
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

hello i have question about 1008 in shinchi massage to ran he write his name without dash
in rum massage TO AMURO like this _RUM_ IS THERE ANY MEANING IN USE DASH?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

I don't think so, it might be simply depending on the person's habits / personality.

Maybe it's the equivalent of a signature.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

mtcc wrote:hello i have question about 1008 in shinchi massage to ran he write his name without dash
in rum massage TO AMURO like this _RUM_ IS THERE ANY MEANING IN USE DASH?
Like XXX?
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Almost every potential suspect or the one who turns out to be a BO member is very close to Conan, tbh, i won't be surprised if it turns out that Wakita is RUM, and infact i am rooting for him to be RUM.
As for Iori , naah, He is more inclined towards the Heiji-Kazuha-Momiji Triangle , his input is more there, and his disguise makes sense that he went to investigate heiji. Until and unless Momiji's father is the Boss, which is very unlikely i can't see him being one.
Wakita has been given a lot of points to shadow him and at the same time keep his RUM suspicion alive.
Also to follow is that, a number of times, he has been shown in the frame next to Kuroda looking at something, potentially reminding himself of the case he hyped-up, which actually could mean something else, IF he is very much known to Kuroda.
Let's see.