Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
blackmoon

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Manga On Hiatus)

Post by blackmoon »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
CrimsonGenius wrote:My reasoning
It must be RUM & Vermouth who went wild (& even held auction/party, invited everyone in Karasuma's name to begin with on that night) to conceal, destroy any traces of & leads to Karasuma just in case over cautious like always, in Pisco, ASACA & drugged, made/drove his guests/ acquaintances to sheer madness like werewolves, kill each other in his mansion, instead fabricated it as a horror treasure hunt battle royale death game story to ensure, officially establish that Karasuma died along with his acquaintances circle, so that to make Karasuma mainly associated with werewolves instead due to famous tragedy night rather than being associated with Crows he was originally associated with and even had Emblem, which'd then again become hints as black, nanatsu no ko, phone no., who'd be well alive in reality, then later go on to found BO(or he sent them to get rid of traces/any leads to him) & even made it urban legend for leaving it to speculation for what truly happened & what did not events of that night, obvious ー red-herring.

Senma, the murderer in the Karasuma case admitted that the story of the party and auction where people went crazy and killed one another was a fabrication. It was a cover story to explain all of the blood in the mansion. In reality Karasuma had been killing people whom he had tasked to solve the riddle in his inheritance as motivation for the others to solve it faster.
Well then, doesn't that makes Rum's message 'Time is Money' ever more suspicious if he somehow has the same habit as Karasuma for motivating others to solve the 'task problem at hand' faster even if it means resolving to killing (innocent) people? ::)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Andarer

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Post by Andarer »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
dccd wrote: Warning, superhuge spoiler about Rums identity:
Spoiler:
Someone in another forum just noticed that "time is money" is somehow an anagram
for Wakita Kanenori.
No Joke.
Well, I guess its game over then... wtf....
Spoiler:
Time is Money is "Toki wa kanenari" in Japanese

scramble the letters

Toki wa kanenari - > Kanenori Wakita

this is either a cryptic message to Bourbon, or a catch phrase used by the person in question
Spoiler:
Now that I think about it. Why are we asuming the SMS was sent by Rum? Because it was signed? but who signs SMSs when the number is there anyways?

If it were a criptic message, it could well be sent by one of Rey's mates telling him Rum's identity while asking for info about Shinichi, whose name they are finding when investigating on the BO.

After all, Furuya kinda smiles when he reads it, which could well seem to be a part of his shocked expression but it could be more...

Also, Bourbon apparently has contacts inside the organization himself, who would spoil the secrets he knows if he were to be killed. Maybe he had someone investigate rum for him.

Of course, this could well be a red herring or mean nothing at all. But if Time is Money is actually an anagram, then it wouldn't make sense for Rum to send it. So I'll go with either:

1.- It's not an anagram for Wakita, Rum sent the message, Time is Money means something else and Gosho is misleading us.

2.- It's an anagram, it means Wakita, and Rum didn't send the message.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Post by Kor »

Andarer wrote: Now that I think about it. Why are we asuming the SMS was sent by Rum? Because it was signed? but who signs SMSs when the number is there anyways?
I do that sometimes.

Also
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

it's Japanese telephone mail actually
Andarer

Post by Andarer »

True, they do that, I am currently in a library studying so I wasn't able to verify.

And checking the panel, -RUM- is indeed in the signature side...
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

The message has another interpretation. Firstly, Time is Money is written in English, while the rest of the text is in Japanese. Secondly, there was another person whose hand was shown in the final chapter of scarlet case, scrolling the message service who was neither Kuroda nor Wakita.

So given a name on APTX list(verified to be done for) is running around and solving cases, I think BO is ought to take notice and in all probability it's Rum who was the fourth person scrolling the messages and will likely resort to Bourbon for getting information.(as Bourbon is the best detective in BO,"Vermouth's Own admission.")

Now, the question is, why time is money had been written in English?(It could have easily been written in Kanji/Katakana) also the idiom being placed in the middle, makes no sense.(As I demand information on Kudo Shinichi......Time is Money. Hurry up Bourbon.) It sounds as a sentence where the idiom looks out of place. I think what we should think as Rum is being suspicious of Wakita and has send a text to Bourbon to investigate both Shinichi and Wakita, but not to raise any red flags, Wakita's name is coded/it's a catchphrase of Wakita. And Rum might have suspicion that Wakita is a rat in BO.
dccd

Post by dccd »

I agree with you that this is a possible interpretation.

But isnt it a bit hard since Gosho would have to explain that Rum did this, because he feared that Wakita or someone else would read the SMS?
I see no other explanation to send a cryptic message besides "fear that someone else might read it".
And if hes afraid of Wakita being a rat he´s probably pretty bad at sniffing out rats, since Bourbon is one ;)

I really hope that Wakita isnt Rum, but if "Time is money" happens to be a cryptic hint towards watching out for Wakita, it needs
a good explanation.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

The thing is that Rum might also think Wakita as a nuisance/rat and at the same time he can be apprehensive of not naming Wakita, because he's not even giving any chance of that information to be leaked. Also a mail is sort of a proof, Rum doesn't want anything linking him to distrusting Wakita.
dccd

Post by dccd »

Does this outcome sound probable to you or anyone?
I think we agree that if this meaning is correct then Wakita has to end up as a rat?
Otherwise it would be absolutely ridiculous:

Rum sending a cryptic message to Bourbon (who is a rat)
because he fears that Wakita might be a rat (who has to be a rat then, otherwise Rum looks like a complete fool).

But if Wakita has to be a rat, we still need to get him known - same as with Kir and Bourbon.
Therefore we would need again atleast 50-100 chapters, only for Wakita being exposed as a bo-guy and then again as a rat.
Sounds like Bourbon-arc 2.0 included into Rum-arc.
The more I think about it the more I doubt this.

What about u ?
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Iori = just a butler
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

dccd wrote:Does this outcome sound probable to you or anyone?
I think we agree that if this meaning is correct then Wakita has to end up as a rat?
Otherwise it would be absolutely ridiculous:

Rum sending a cryptic message to Bourbon (who is a rat)
because he fears that Wakita might be a rat (who has to be a rat then, otherwise Rum looks like a complete fool).

But if Wakita has to be a rat, we still need to get him known - same as with Kir and Bourbon.
Therefore we would need again atleast 50-100 chapters, only for Wakita being exposed as a bo-guy and then again as a rat.
Sounds like Bourbon-arc 2.0 included into Rum-arc.
The more I think about it the more I doubt this.

What about u ?
LoL! Now first, definition of rat (according to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rat ) :
1 a : any of numerous rodents (Rattus and related genera) differing from the related mice especially by considerably larger size
b : any of various similar rodents
2 : a contemptible person: such as
a : one who betrays or deserts friends or associates
b : scab 3b
c : informer 2
3 : a pad over which a woman's hair is arranged
4 : a person who spends much time in a specified place a mall rat

Second, does Wakita look like a rat? Image
What does a rat look like? Image

Suspiciously similar? Maybe? ;D
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
dccd

Post by dccd »

Thats the biggest pic of Wakita I´ve seen so far.
Cant recall which chapter it was though...

I think ur right btw:
Spoiler:
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Iori = just a butler
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

now that you mention it he has rat's teeth ;D
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Wakita's actions are unbecoming of a BO agent. He is rash and literally begs Kogoro to accompany the latter to a murder case, he just contrives a delivery out of thin air and sneaks around Shinichi's house, while it was surrounded by reporters, even he ventures out to Agasa's house to get info. Has a very distinguished way of talking and using idioms(like Kansuke and Kumei)and unlike Bourbon comes off as more suspicious, as if he's running out of time. But given the fact that Gosho acknowledges that Akai Tsutomu has some secret relationship with Gin/BO, I think it's fair to assume that he infiltrated BO and now is on the move due to some severe Rum expose. Also Gin was of the opinion that if Kogoro knows too much they would kill him while he sleeps. So it'sa chance that Kogoro's next case can be something related to BO and then Kogoro would be sitting duck. So I'm of the opinion that Wakita's virtual begging was a plan to get closer to Kogoro and advertise the fact so that Kogoro won't be killed by Gin as Gin would think Wakita is keeping an eye on Kogoro for them. And probably Wakita's plan that he will keep Kogoro under watch isn't bought by um, so he's telling Bourbn to keep an eye on Wakita.
dccd

Post by dccd »

Wakita was send by Gin?
Why didnt Gin (or Rum or anyone from the BO) simply told Bourbon, which already is Kogoros apprentice, to do this job?
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Wakita wasn't ordered by anyone. He mentioned to Gin that Kogoro should be watched. Gin was already suspicious of Kogoro, so Gin approved his plan. But Rum had his doubts, so he wants Bourbon to double check on this Wakita.