Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first three days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

File 1,006 Spoiler Pics:
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5348121263

Summary from Sakaki:
Spoiler:
So basically Conan absence while Ran was on school trip Agasa was covering for him. Kogoro didn’t say anything because he knew if Ran heard Conan was sick she would have run back home (no he doenst know about Conan, just what Agasa told him) When Ran leaves for school Conan checks his phone and is overjoyed to have the message from Ran that she officially wants to be his gf. "Oh hell, it wasnt a dream!" He heads to Agasas house and is having good when ai calls him and is like “What the hell did did I tell you about standing out?!” (referring to Social media attention). Everyone knows that Shinichi solved the case. Huge crowd is in front of his home. Reports try to get infos since they thought that something happened to him. Okiya tries to fend them off. Conan and Ai freaking out. Conan is sick home, while Ai calls him from school Rumi asks Ai about Shinichi being back home since she lives next door. Conversation stops when Kobayashi comes to ask the kids a question. Maria Higashio didnshow up today and she wonders what happened to her. Everyone is a bit worried. Kids are going to her house to see what is going on. At he house a bunch of hints and arrows in her house indicating that there is a treasure to be found if Maria can solve it. Flashback to Conan/Agasa where they are trying to find out who posted those images, it’s a Kudo Family freak (so basically a stalker) The kids and Ai are looking around the house for Maria using the clues, all they can find is a collapsed bookshelf. Genta/Mitsu lit up, but she is not there. They find another note though “Depending on you to keep things neat and tidy”
I regret to inform you all that there will now be... a 3 week break. :'( You can expect 1,007 spoiler pics to come out on October 27th.

As for my own thoughts on 1,006...
Spoiler:
When Ran leaves for school Conan checks his phone and is overjoyed to have the message from Ran that she officially wants to be his gf. "Oh hell, it wasnt a dream!"
It seems he replied to her last text towards the end of 1,005... either that, or she sent him this other text, and is still wondering when he'll respond to it and the one from 1,005.
He heads to Agasas house and is having good when ai calls him and is like “What the hell did did I tell you about standing out?!” (referring to Social media attention). Everyone knows that Shinichi solved the case. Huge crowd is in front of his home. Reports try to get infos since they thought that something happened to him. Okiya tries to fend them off. Conan and Ai freaking out.
Well, those of you who wanted the press and other people to show up at the Kudo house at Scarlet Showdown... over 100 files/3 years ago... here you—kinda—go.
Conan is sick home, while Ai calls him from school Rumi asks Ai about Shinichi being back home since she lives next door.
Well, well—one of them is sick at a tense time...
Conversation stops when Kobayashi comes to ask the kids a question. Maria Higashio didnshow up today and she wonders what happened to her. Everyone is a bit worried. Kids are going to her house to see what is going on. At he house a bunch of hints and arrows in her house indicating that there is a treasure to be found if Maria can solve it. Flashback to Conan/Agasa where they are trying to find out who posted those images, it’s a Kudo Family freak (so basically a stalker) The kids and Ai are looking around the house for Maria using the clues, all they can find is a collapsed bookshelf. Genta/Mitsu lit up, but she is not there. They find another note though “Depending on you to keep things neat and tidy”
Hello, Maria—it's been awhile (well, at least since she wasn't just in the background (966)). Seems Gosho's going to follow the route that the case after Black Impact went (505–507/427–428).
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on September 29th, 2017, 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X

Post by Wakarimashita »

The summary isn't originally from me, but I have no mod powers here. Could you replace my name with "Sakaki" ? Thanks !
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Wakarimashita wrote:The summary isn't originally from me, but I have no mod powers here. Could you replace my name with "Sakaki" ? Thanks !
Done and dusted. :)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Ooh, seems interesting. I wonder how fast the actually follow will come to the events of Kyoto. The tension has been build but how fast will we see it unravelling. I can't wait!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Detective Magic

Post by Detective Magic »

Spoiler:
Well, at first I was a little bit disappointed, because it doesn't seem like it's a big BO case immediately explaining the last panels from 1005. But then I thought that we've just ended a big case with Shinichi, so I guess it's bad to have too many "big cases" so close to each other ;)  Ok just kidding.
What really irritates me is that Gosho seems to again make this trick, where he mentions something important - here it's Rumi being curious about Shinichi, and suddenly he cuts the conversation and everything goes as if nothing has happened. He did the same "trick" with Subaru - he and Conan started talking about Akai joining the FBI during the "scissors case" and somebody tells them something and they never talk about that again. But that might be just me.
Still it looks like it'll have many good points, for example we see the effects of Shinichi's carelessness with media. I wonder how are they going to deal with it. And I guess this Kudo freak won't turn out to be someone very important. I also wonder if Conan's cold will have something to do with the "spare" antidote he has, because often when Conan has a cold, it's an opportunity for him to become Shinichi again. I doubt that he'll use the antidote when we just had a whole case with Shinichi, but maybe that will be the resolution to the problem with reporters - he will turn into his adult form, go tell the press something that will make them go away and turn back into Conan and live his happy life. Only that wouldn't solve anything about BO finding out he's alive.
The Maria going missing part of the file is (sadly) least interesting for me, but I hope it will also be good.
And I wonder whether we're gonna see Wakita and Kuroda in this case. Probably not but maybe for 1 panel? That would be nice.
Oh, I've written more than I wanted. I hope I didn't make any grammar mistakes :)
K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

Spoiler:
At this point, upon seeing spoilers of 1006, I can conclude that Rumi is 100% Asaka, but that's just me. She's asking Haibara about Shinichi, meaning, she's asking for help, as Asaka I believe. The reason is, Shinichi has solved a case and the entire world knows the news,
so that's why Rumi wants to scout for news from him.
Scanlator
DCUniverseAficionado

Detective Magic wrote:
Spoiler:
...we've just ended a big case with Shinichi, so I guess it's bad to have too many "big cases" so close to each other ;)
What really irritates me is that Gosho... he mentions something important... and suddenly he cuts the conversation and everything goes as if nothing has happened.
Spoiler:
This is all vintage Gosho (especially post-Clash of Red and Black). Even Clash of Red and Black hasn't yet had a complete follow-up to it—besides Scarlet Showdown addressing Shuichi's "death"—the BO and FBI haven't faced off since then, and Hidemi/Rena/Kir has been very much MIA from DC since then (622/509: informs Jodie and the FBI about Bourbon; 700–704/578–581: Shuichi's fake death plan nearly gets wasted; 898/783: informs Shuichi/Subaru about Rum). Her case is truly a case of Gosho setting up a piece and taking a long time to actually move it. The hope will be that when she finally returns to DC—and when we get to a point where she has as much page-time/screen-time as she did during Clash—it will signal that the end is near... that she will finally become that wedge of steel that ultimately proves to be the key to the BO's end.
K.O.R.N wrote:
Spoiler:
At this point, upon seeing spoilers of 1006, I can conclude that Rumi is 100% Asaka, but that's just me. She's asking Haibara about Shinichi, meaning, she's asking for help, as Asaka I believe. The reason is, Shinichi has solved a case and the entire world knows the news,
Spoiler:
So I suppose the last panels of Page 16 of 1,005 would mean that she's finally realized, thanks to the attention Shinichi attracted in Kyoto, just who Conan Edogawa really is. Hopefully, she'll stop testing him and they can actually talk about the Koji case. I'm waiting to hear Rumi's story just as much as I'm waiting to hear Mary's.
K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

Spoiler:
So I suppose the last panels of Page 16 of 1,005 would mean that she's finally realized, thanks to the attention Shinichi attracted in Kyoto, just who Conan Edogawa really is. Hopefully, she'll stop testing him and they can actually talk about the Koji case. I'm waiting to hear Rumi's story just as much as I'm waiting to hear Mary's.
Spoiler:
I am rather certain Rumi knows Conan's real identity at this point. What I think, she's asking Haibara about Shinichi is to scout whether Haibara knows him that well, and if she thinks Haibara knows enough, I think her next step would be to spy on Haibara actually. With Haibara thinking that Rumi is good, it's very possible that Rumi can gain some useful info from her. Only thing is, right now Conan's in grave danger from BO and other parties discovering his identity. Talking about the Kouji case, I don't think that will happen any time soon. Rumi has grey motives and we don't know what identity she really is. I say she's Asaka but that's just me.
Scanlator
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

I'm sniffing a Detective's Nocturne at our helms.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

K.O.R.N wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Didn't see the spoilers yet, but why would she ask her, and not Ran? In theory Haibara shouldn't know Shinichi... unless Rumi also knows that Haibara got APTX-ed too.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
ShadowNeo
Fear of death is worse than death Itself.

Post by ShadowNeo »

Nemomon wrote:
K.O.R.N wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Didn't see the spoilers yet, but why would she ask her, and not Ran? In theory Haibara shouldn't know Shinichi... unless Rumi also knows that Haibara got APTX-ed too.
I assume since Rumi is Haibara's teacher right now and she lives next to Shinichi's house? Actually not quite sure what Rumi asked about, Conan or Shinichi?
"Fear of death is worse than death Itself"
Detective Magic

Post by Detective Magic »

Spoiler:
As it's written in the first post here, Rumi is asking Haibara about Shinichi, because she lives next to his house. And it's technically not so weird because he's all over the news. I'm on the phone so I won't quote it, sorry
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

The more time that I see your assumptions, and expectation, the more time I wonder about do you believe that something will happen?
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

Nemomon wrote:
K.O.R.N wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rumi hasn't gotten at all close to Ran or Kogoro, so such questions would probably be very sketchy. She would have observed that Conan and Haibara are close, even if she has no clue about Haibara being poisoned. [Though that wouldn't be surprising, as the Org. didn't know she did so.] That's something I more expect of Wakita, since he's made connections with Kogoro and met Ran.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
estuputri

Post by estuputri »

Spoiler:
I don't think Rumi is RUM eventhough she seems like a bad one. It's too much risk to ask Haibara about Shinichi. RUM must be more carefull just like Vermouth, I think.