Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008 (Heavy Spoilers!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X (manga on break until 11.29.17)

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 16th, 2017, 10:25 am

Incomplete-tantei wrote:About Kobayashi saying that she'll join the DB when she's finished, I have the feeling that she'll send Wakasa instead because of some reason that might come up. Well, that'd be more interesting like that xD.
Sounds very likely to happen. Good point.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Haibara & Aika ryona

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X (manga on break until 11.29.17)

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » November 17th, 2017, 4:31 pm

blackmoon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And after all these times that you guys spend in waiting, i am sure that this episode will be more than awful and more than awful and furstrating

Well you have a good sense of humor and almost a tone that sounds like Gin for that pretty face profile. ;D

I didn't understand this too much. I do understand that i am comedian but the other things are not understandable
Kor

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X

Postby Kor » November 24th, 2017, 12:06 pm

1007 Spoilers are brought to you by Bomber D Rufi. He has a blog about Shonen Sunday that you can find here: https://wsstalkback.blogspot.com/

Spoiler:
Bomber D Rufi: So in the chapter, Agasa and Conan figure out that it was during a news report of the tengu mystery's conclusion that Shinichi was caught on camera.

Bomber D Rufi: Heiji was also in the picture so now the press is at his school looking for him, and he's pissed lol.

Bomber D Rufi: "I went through the trouble of keeping my lips shut and this is what happens?!"

Bomber D Rufi: Heiji says he'll take care of things on his end while Conan figures out what to do for himself --not that he's sure of what to do.

Bomber D Rufi: The kids have cleaned up the bookshelf where Maria lives and get a clue telling them to head downstairs.

Bomber D Rufi: It cuts to Ran at school where the press has gathered --Sonoko's already calling ran Shinichi's wife.

Bomber D Rufi: Sera has the news on her phone and says Shinichi's a hot topic.

Bomber D Rufi: Also everyone is casually calling him her boyfriend, and she's not denying it anymore. Quite the development, I'd say.

Bomber D Rufi: Back to the kids who have found guest room. Genta comments on how cold it is though..

Bomber D Rufi: They find another hint leading them to a bathroom...

Bomber D Rufi: And once there tey find a note saying "Look after Bird-chan". It's one of those dipping bird dolls.

Bomber D Rufi: Y'know the ones that lean forward into water and then back up?

Bomber D Rufi: Anyway Haibara's not too sure but she feels like she's seen one of those before, and the kids suggest calling Conan.

Bomber D Rufi: Haibara really doesn't want to, lol.

Bomber D Rufi: Ah, Conan's trying to come up with a lie that Shinichi has a twin brother, and he was the one who died.

Bomber D Rufi: Obviously he's joking though, lol.

Bomber D Rufi: Haibara calls Conan a traitor and asks him for help over facetime.

Bomber D Rufi: They're not sure what to do with the bird and Conan's like "Did you try giving it water?"

Bomber D Rufi: And that's the end of the chapter.

It doesn't say that next chapter is the resolution, so this probably means it will go over 3 files.

Also, there's a break next week, so Conan comes back again on December 13th, which is a double issue, so expect a magazine break after 1008.
Kokuriko

Postby Kokuriko » November 24th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Kor wrote:It doesn't say that next chapter is the resolution, so this probably means it will go over 3 files.

Also, there's a break next week, so Conan comes back again on December 13th, which is a double issue, so expect a magazine break after 1008.

Figured. The usual pattern is that the 1st file presents some "high stake" event/ "danger", the 2nd file shows the progress and the 3rd one is the solution. File 1006 didn't really have that sense of "emergency". Thank you for the spoiler.
That aside, am I wrong to feel weird that Gosho let Kuroda be featured prominently this early when Rum arc is just starting ? His look in the M22 poster screams "I'm an ally" to me.
Kor

Postby Kor » November 24th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Kokuriko wrote:That aside, am I wrong to feel weird that Gosho let Kuroda be featured prominently this early when Rum arc is just starting ?

It started over 3 years ago.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » November 24th, 2017, 1:19 pm

We will see.

The Movie is out in the Golden Week as always, so there still a bit time for build up. (But it kinds makes sense for him to appear, since he's Matsumoto successor.)

Anyway....

Spoiler:
Ran not denying anymore that she is Shinichi's Waifu is actually really a big development. (And since Sonoko is already spreading it to the media, Kogoro will definitely explode...^^)

The next Shinran meeting will be... interesting...
XxBlackPearlxX

Postby XxBlackPearlxX » November 24th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the info ^
If this case have more than three chs , I hope we see something from BO too
Kokuriko

Postby Kokuriko » November 24th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Kor wrote:
Kokuriko wrote:That aside, am I wrong to feel weird that Gosho let Kuroda be featured prominently this early when Rum arc is just starting ?

Obligatory ithasntbeenayearinDCverse.jpg
Jk. With all the cases and breaks I kind of forget the time. And it's still feel early to me. We have 3 suspects but the hints are few and far inbetween, yet compared to Rumi and Wakita, Kuroda seems to have more notable moments; I can't help but thinking he's really Rei's boss, because at this stage of Rum arc Kuroda's presence doesn't have an ambiguous sense like the other two.
I guess seeing the movie poster really hyped me up to no end. Or I've had too much of IKZOLOGIC Remix and started talking nonsense.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » November 24th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Kor wrote:

To be completely fair I think we should count in files and not in years, especially when Gosho has been releasing far less chapters recently.

In files we are at 109 files (counting chapter 1007). At this point in the "Bourbon Arc" we were at file 730 which was the end of the Strange Diary Kidnapping Case. The "Kir Arc" was coming to a close (being at file 607 and ending at file 621) and the "Vermouth Arc" was at file 346 which was the end of the Soccer Supporter Murder Case.

So for now I'd say it's on a similarish pacing to the "Vermouth Arc". But a Bourbonisation is far from being an impossible scenario...
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Haibara & Aika ryona

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » November 24th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Finally, the 29 of 11 is nearby to come; so I want to see your expectations guys, even if i am sure that nothing good will happen
Haibara & Aika ryona

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » November 27th, 2017, 4:15 am

Wakarimashita wrote:
Kor wrote:

To be completely fair I think we should count in files and not in years, especially when Gosho has been releasing far less chapters recently.

In files we are at 109 files (counting chapter 1007). At this point in the "Bourbon Arc" we were at file 730 which was the end of the Strange Diary Kidnapping Case. The "Kir Arc" was coming to a close (being at file 607 and ending at file 621) and the "Vermouth Arc" was at file 346 which was the end of the Soccer Supporter Murder Case.

So for now I'd say it's on a similarish pacing to the "Vermouth Arc". But a Bourbonisation is far from being an impossible scenario...

Thinking about the files is right, and thinking about the years is much important; specially if it take more than 4 years
Detective Magic

Postby Detective Magic » November 27th, 2017, 7:13 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Incomplete-tantei wrote:About Kobayashi saying that she'll join the DB when she's finished, I have the feeling that she'll send Wakasa instead because of some reason that might come up. Well, that'd be more interesting like that xD.
Sounds very likely to happen. Good point.

Yeah, that would be very interesting and as to me worth the wait.
Spoiler:
Also did I really see that Conan wanted to tell that he has a twin who died? Firstly that makes no sense at all. It might fool the public, but what about BO? Secondly I hope it was just a joke, because if this was said seriously... just no, please no. And like I thought earlier, Haibara did call Conan after all. Also more Shinran :) Maybe Ran will start to wonder why does Shinichi want to hide his involvement? Unlikely, but maybe?

EDIT: Ah, yeah he was just joking. Now that's okay.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » November 28th, 2017, 11:08 am

Spoiler:
Yeah, Conan was only going through possible solutions for this mess with Prof. Agasa.

And meanwhile, even more reporters appeared in front of the Kudo Mansion, Ran's School, Heiji's School...

He really messed it up big time.....
PhantomWriter

Rye on Discord

Postby PhantomWriter » November 28th, 2017, 11:14 pm

The "joking during extreme stress" thing made sense in Psych, because Shawn's set up as being quite fond of joking around and it's part of his deductive process. The same thing with Conan is a bit weird, imo. It doesn't quite fit, sort of like how weird it is when Shawn's totally serious in Psych. *shrugs*
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
blackmoon

Postby blackmoon » November 29th, 2017, 5:00 am

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
blackmoon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And after all these times that you guys spend in waiting, i am sure that this episode will be more than awful and more than awful and furstrating

Well you have a good sense of humor and almost a tone that sounds like Gin for that pretty face profile. ;D

I didn't understand this too much. I do understand that i am comedian but the other things are not understandable

Oh? You don't? Here's another quote from you:
"Finally, the 29 of 11 is nearby to come; so I want to see your expectations guys, even if i am sure that nothing good will happen"

Hmm... so you consider that nothing good would happen. Well, you do know that the character picture you use has a positive personality that is always optimistic? Yet, those comments from you sound more pessimistic like the tone used by Gin (personally I think Gin never expects anything 'good' to happen and he does not care anyways). So anyways, what I mean is that you used the pretty face of a girl as your profile picture, but what you say sounds like what Gin would say. ;)

By the way, have you read file 1007? Any idea what that 'drinking bird' hint could be linked to? ;D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_bird
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)