Personally, I think it would be great if things could develop in this way:
- Haibara and the DBs solve the mystery on their own
- In the meantime, Conan tries to resolve the situation with the press gathering at the Kudo house
- However, Conan completely bungles it up and ends up getting media attention as well, and the media start probing into connections between Kudo Shinichi the famous high school detective, and Conan Edogawa, the famous Kaitou Kid nemesis!
- Obviously all this media attention is not lost on the BO. The BO starts taking an interest in Conan. Conan and Akai are warned of this by Rena / Kir.
- With all the media and BO's attention, Conan has to go on the down low and rely more on all his friends to help him. Perhaps he even finds the need to reveal the truth to Ran finally. In the midst of all this, Asaka (who is likely Rumi? At least, IMO) approaches Conan/Shinichi and asks for help solving the Kohji Haneda case.
Sorry this is obviously thinking far ahead of the current file but I am really hopeful this is how it will develop.
In particular, I think it is important as a matter of plot and character development that Shinichi/Conan does not get the opportunity to be the "hero" on his own, that he realises that he cannot "protect" everyone on his own and he must rely on others for help sometimes.