Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 997-999

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
irishock

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 997-XXXX

Postby irishock » July 14th, 2017, 7:13 am

I swear if there's a break after 999 Gosho would need to be arrested..
Dr-anime

Postby Dr-anime » July 16th, 2017, 8:41 pm

hello everyone , it's my first time participating here although i've been following the forum for years , anyway ..

Spoiler:
regarding the new file , conan getting the haigo strap for hibara in exchange for the antidote is too predictable !! anyway i don't know if i should get excited for the trip because it depends on gosho if he's going for a major story developement or just another ran shinchi moment with a crime scene kinda file

if he intends fast development then i might hope for shinchi appearnce this time & solving the case to make it big across the school & everyone hear about shichi appearnce or at least burborn so he would realize about the shrinking effect ..
i know it happened once that shichi solved a school case & asked the police not to mention his name but he was hiding in custom that time , this time he should participate in the trip as shichi .. although it's really silly to think he had hid his existence for the longest time & now he's ready to tell everyone ( BO ) he's still alive for a school trip ..
however it's gosho so it might be another round in the vicious circle of once happened & thankfully no imp character recognized him - but probably sera will act too friendly with shinshi that would make Ran wonders why & when & maybe a little jealousy lol
So sry for the long reply , it's my first time writing here so i needed to let it all out
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » July 17th, 2017, 5:40 am

Dr-anime wrote:hello everyone , it's my first time participating here although i've been following the forum for years , anyway ..

Spoiler:
regarding the new file , conan getting the haigo strap for hibara in exchange for the antidote is too predictable !! anyway i don't know if i should get excited for the trip because it depends on gosho if he's going for a major story developement or just another ran shinchi moment with a crime scene kinda file

if he intends fast development then i might hope for shinchi appearnce this time & solving the case to make it big across the school & everyone hear about shichi appearnce or at least burborn so he would realize about the shrinking effect ..
i know it happened once that shichi solved a school case & asked the police not to mention his name but he was hiding in custom that time , this time he should participate in the trip as shichi .. although it's really silly to think he had hid his existence for the longest time & now he's ready to tell everyone ( BO ) he's still alive for a school trip ..
however it's gosho so it might be another round in the vicious circle of once happened & thankfully no imp character recognized him - but probably sera will act too friendly with shinshi that would make Ran wonders why & when & maybe a little jealousy lol
So sry for the long reply , it's my first time writing here so i needed to let it all out

You leaving your thoughts is very appreciated.
I agree though. It's gonna be very hard to solve a case, not to mention hide his existence/involvement if other schools sees him. The only way I see this workout is that only his class will know of his involvement(+Heizuha) and while they solve the case, Shinichi will be out of other Schools' and cops'(Ayanokoji's) sight(unless Ayanokoji becomes cooperative in hiding Shinichi's involvement in their first meeting).

overall, since it's 1000, I think we should expect an amazing series. If it's not because of any major development, it should be because of the interesting interactions(Momiji, Sera, Heiji, Shinichi, Ran, Sonoko, Kazuha.... choose your combination) and the case itself(which called for a Kyoto trip, just to gather materials). This one should be on par with London at least, and who knows, with Sera involved, we might get some main plot clues.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 997-999

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » July 21st, 2017, 12:13 am

Spoiler:
999 spoiler pics are out (Only 5 so far, so here's a link):
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5235257248

Break next week—we can expect File 1000 spoiler pics two weeks from today.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Scotch

Postby Scotch » July 21st, 2017, 12:29 am

Im New member Here!, Any translator for Spoiler pics or theard !?
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » July 21st, 2017, 2:21 am

irishock wrote:I swear if there's a break after 999 Gosho would need to be arrested..

Prepare your handcuffs. :P
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » July 21st, 2017, 3:27 am

Welcome to the forums!

There is a translation of the spoiler pics but we cannot give you a link due to forum policy, sorry. You'll have to find them or you can ask over a Private Message.

Schedule of upcoming files is the following:

July 26 -> File 999
Aug 2 -> Author's break
Aug 9 -> File 1000 (double issue)
Aug 16 -> Magazine break
Aug 23 -> File 1001

So yeah, you can go arrest Gosho xD.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Valentin

Postby Valentin » July 21st, 2017, 7:23 am

Spoiler:
“OMG, Higo has an artificial eye—he must be Rum! Yōko Okino confirmed as boss!”

As weird as it was, I did enjoy this case for some reason. It seems that the main purpose was making readers think that Haibara would hand over the antidote just to reveal in the last panel that she won’t. That’s actually a decent cliffhanger: Assuming that Shinichi will indeed appear in person, I’m genuinely curious to see Conan managing to turn into his former self without receiving active help from Haibara.

Having Bourbon and Okiya there was a pleasant surprise and the integration of Kazami even more so. But I hope that he won’t be depicted as a mere errand boy since depicting him as the errand boy of the delivery boy wouldn’t do justice to the potential that the character doubtlessly has. As for the other two, I’d like the endless tease to become a striptease already; the more they interact, the more it starts to feel as tiring as Heiji’s ever-delayed confession.

So it’s two weeks after all. I guess they want File 1000 to be published between two breaks to get the most out of it with regard to promotion. I’m not necessarily thrilled, but open for a playful series to celebrate the remarkable milestone of a thousand chapters, and carefully optimistic that some organization-related matters could emerge in its aftermath.

(If Aoyama will be released from prison, that is.)
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » July 21st, 2017, 8:18 am

The whole file actually leaked so I'll make a summary here:

Reminder: author's break next week so

July 26: File 999
Aug 2: author's break
Aug 9: File 1000
Aug 16: magazine break (Obon)
Aug 23: File 1001

Spoiler:
The DBs are shocked at having the strap taken from them in front of their noses: Amuro recalls seeing the man, who'd been stalking them: Conan wonders why the fuss over the strap and the father who'd picked up the strap tells them his son noticed something hard inside.

The DBs guess that the whole deal with the strap is that it was used to hide something and conduct a secret exchange hence why that guy was stalking them and stole it, to retrieve whatever's inside: the strap was actually a sample but Haibara managed to convince the seller to sell it. So it's possible that the deal would be conducted by putting something inside the sample and then someone else would come buy it.

The man hurriedly buys some clothes to try to disguise and blend with the crowd but Conan sees through his attempt. Amuro sees Conan as Holmes giving orders to his Baker Street Irregulars and is surprised he's putting so much effort in the strap finding: Conan admits there's a reason for that but doesn't say it. The DBs began to ask the crowd if they've seen the thief given his clothing which stands out.

The man hurriedly buys some clothes to blend with the crowd but Conan sees through his disguise and tricks him into admitting he has the strap: the man tries to run but Conan uses his kick shoes to knock him while yelling it's for the sake of being able to go to the school trip: the man is KOed but the strap flies towards the sea so Conan uses the boost from the shoes to jump into the sea and retrieve it. Amuro thinks that those must be the kick shoes (doesn't explain how he knew about them).

It turns out the strap had a wedding ring on it and that it's not Haibara's one but the man's one who dropped it in the train as well. He saw the father and son picking it and wanted to ask them to give him back but lost sight of them with the crowd. So he decided to deliver the Sanada one to the lost & found and see if anyone would come pick it up and would help him find the father & son. The man had the intention to explain himself to the kids but since he heard one of the DBs "We're not giving this to anyone else" he got nervous.

When they wonder where Haibara's strap is at Genta says he found his DB badge which fell from inside his hood once they'd exited the restaurant: Conan then guesses the strap was there too so they go back to the family restaurant and find it below a car, since it fell from Genta's hood as well. So the strap had been in Genta's hood along the DB badge since they fell in the train.

The group go back to Agasa's with Subaru asking about Amuro: Amuro left saying he had things to do. They give the strap to Haibara but it's a bit messy since it got hit by a car and was pretty dirty, so they cleansed it. One eye had fallen off so they painted one with a marker.

Conan tries to convince Haibara to give him the antidote but she yells "Absolutely NOT!!" at him.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Postby k11chi » July 28th, 2017, 5:54 am

LOL this has to be the funniest case in a while. Conan and Haibara actually gave me a good laugh.
Hanfoi

Postby Hanfoi » July 28th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Hello i am new on this forum
I would like to share some thoughts i have on have for file1000

I think that Conan will fail to get the antidote from Haibara (otherwise if he eventually succeeds to get it from her in file 1000 i think that the latest case 997-999 would be a waste of time and meaningless)
If this case has any meaning then,then it means that Haibara is not going to be the one to provide the antidote,instead Conan will get it from someone else/maybe Mary/ since we already know that Shinichi is appearing for sure in the next file
ShuichiSera28

Postby ShuichiSera28 » July 29th, 2017, 8:26 am

Hanfoi wrote:Hello i am new on this forum
I would like to share some thoughts i have on have for file1000

I think that Conan will fail to get the antidote from Haibara (otherwise if he eventually succeeds to get it from her in file 1000 i think that the latest case 997-999 would be a waste of time and meaningless)
If this case has any meaning then,then it means that Haibara is not going to be the one to provide the antidote,instead Conan will get it from someone else/maybe Mary/ since we already know that Shinichi is appearing for sure in the next file

I also think Mary might give Conan the antidote but won't that mean Mary has some of Elena's research and Mary could take the antidote if she needed/wanted to. Welcome to the forums Hanfoi.