Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-996

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
yuukichang
User avatar

'one truth prevails'

Posts: 9

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby yuukichang » May 26th, 2017, 11:10 pm

its been a long time since shinichi/conan gets jealous and this is the perfect timing! im pretty sure Ran doesn't have any feelings with Okita, its just another kind of plot where conan will be off guard and suddenly wants to return as shinichi!
::) ::) ::)
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1080

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Nemomon » May 27th, 2017, 4:07 am

This is why I liked (the most hated by everybody else) Eisuke. Because back then Conan was jealous all the time, and also he was pretty cute at that.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3343

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Jecka » May 28th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Can't wait for the events to go nowhere.

Serinox wrote:HeiZuha

Oh man, that sounds so weird :V

Nemomon wrote:This is why I liked (the most hated by everybody else) Eisuke. Because back then Conan was jealous all the time, and also he was pretty cute at that.

People hated Eisuke? I know maybe people didn't like him, but was there hate?
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 517

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Serinox » May 28th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Jecka wrote:People hated Eisuke? I know maybe people didn't like him, but was there hate?

I think there was, but it has cooled down enormously over the years. Thing is, I once read the rumor that Eisuke was written out specifically because the Japanese audience really didn't like the character, which is why Gosho and his editor's decided to get rid of him, so if there is even remotely any bearing to that, I guess you could speak of hate towards the character.
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1317

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 28th, 2017, 11:20 pm

Jecka wrote:Can't wait for the events to go nowhere.


As with everything else, at this point, it's just waiting for the payoff and seeing just how much the wait has lessened its impact on people.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Zerozaki4869
Posts: 146

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Zerozaki4869 » May 29th, 2017, 12:37 am

From the last page I see it's a good case.I already have a little idea about the profile of the culprit.
shocky2002
Posts: 4

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby shocky2002 » May 29th, 2017, 3:06 am

Quite clear Ch1000 will be Shinichi's return

Serinox wrote:
Jecka wrote:People hated Eisuke? I know maybe people didn't like him, but was there hate?

I think there was, but it has cooled down enormously over the years. Thing is, I once read the rumor that Eisuke was written out specifically because the Japanese audience really didn't like the character, which is why Gosho and his editor's decided to get rid of him, so if there is even remotely any bearing to that, I guess you could speak of hate towards the character.

RanxShinichi is also like the most hated pairing in Japan. I wish Gosho and his editor would do the right thing but it ain't happenng
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1080

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Nemomon » May 29th, 2017, 3:24 am

shocky2002 wrote:Quite clear Ch1000 will be Shinichi's return

Serinox wrote:
Jecka wrote:People hated Eisuke? I know maybe people didn't like him, but was there hate?

I think there was, but it has cooled down enormously over the years. Thing is, I once read the rumor that Eisuke was written out specifically because the Japanese audience really didn't like the character, which is why Gosho and his editor's decided to get rid of him, so if there is even remotely any bearing to that, I guess you could speak of hate towards the character.

RanxShinichi is also like the most hated pairing in Japan. I wish Gosho and his editor would do the right thing but it ain't happenng


He won't do that, because that's a core thing of the manga. I mean this is the sole reason of why Conan wants to return to his Shinichi persona. Without her he probably would consider staying Conan, because he would be safe (would not need each time to say Megure that he was not there), and becausr he already have two love interests (Ayumi and Haibara), and I'm pretty sure he already noticed that they have some feelings toward him.

For me there isn't really a difference between disliking something/someone and hating them. It is the same negative feeling.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 517

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Serinox » May 29th, 2017, 4:30 am

shocky2002 wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Jecka wrote:People hated Eisuke? I know maybe people didn't like him, but was there hate?

I think there was, but it has cooled down enormously over the years. Thing is, I once read the rumor that Eisuke was written out specifically because the Japanese audience really didn't like the character, which is why Gosho and his editor's decided to get rid of him, so if there is even remotely any bearing to that, I guess you could speak of hate towards the character.

RanxShinichi is also like the most hated pairing in Japan. I wish Gosho and his editor would do the right thing but it ain't happenng

It ain't happening because it isn't the most hated pairing in Japan :P
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2852

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Kor » May 29th, 2017, 4:43 am

Remember to stay on topic guys.

Also remember that we're in 2017 and couple/shipping arguments got old by 2012.
Image
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
User avatar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Posts: 2881

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » May 30th, 2017, 2:59 pm

DCW crosspost: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/foru ... ent-375519

Spoiler:
The way this case is set up, there isn't a lot of benefit to being the first discoverer. People would just think the first discoverer (aka the young lady) clonked the victim on the head. That would make the younger lady the less likely culprit. The older lady seems like a reasonable suspect. The man went to the kitchen which I assume connects to that little room with four entries. That gives him potential. My guess is that his alibi is going to be related to the cooking he did, and if there is a way to do shortcuts or not. I don't know how to feel yet, so I will pick on the lone male suspect for now.

The victim's shirt collar seems to be wet for some reason which smeared the blood or made a wet surface for the blood to soak through. I'm not sure which case it is. Was he hit, bled a bit and then water dumped on him? The vase was probably moved earlier, making the crime premeditated?

That little room with four doors provides hiding places I guess, so the culprit could go in one door and hide while people moved around or the body was discovered and then pass behind and mingle or something like that.

----

Ran's angle.

Sonoko says that maybe they could meet Shinichi in Kyoto. She might be referring to Shinichi Wada, aka Muga Iori, the ninja-like butler of Momiji who lives in Kyoto. Momiji is a rich girl, and thus might be expected to know the Suzuki family and attend Suzuki family functions.

Picture books: it seems like they are trying to judge buildings. One of them was a western building which is an odd choice for Kyoto, which is more known for its traditional architecture. Sonoko has an older sister Ayako Suzuki who is engaged to Yuzo Tomizawa. They are old characters, but they were recently mentioned again in that Kid case where Makoto was a security guard, so they haven't been forgotten. Perhaps they intend to tie the knot in a western style wedding. Sonoko may have been made responsible for researching good locations and asked Ran and Sera to help, explaining the western building and a reason for a rich girl like Momiji and her butler to be present. Attending a wedding is definitely something Conan would be expected to experience when he grows up.

Chapter 1000 may be a wedding event related to the Suzuki's in Kyoto, with Momiji and Iori present, and a case happens.
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 517

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Serinox » May 30th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Spoiler:

Ran's angle.

Sonoko says that maybe they could meet Shinichi in Kyoto. She might be referring to Shinichi Wada, aka Muga Iori, the ninja-like butler of Momiji who lives in Kyoto. Momiji is a rich girl, and thus might be expected to know the Suzuki family and attend Suzuki family functions.

Picture books: it seems like they are trying to judge buildings. One of them was a western building which is an odd choice for Kyoto, which is more known for its traditional architecture. Sonoko has an older sister Ayako Suzuki who is engaged to Yuzo Tomizawa. They are old characters, but they were recently mentioned again in that Kid case where Makoto was a security guard, so they haven't been forgotten. Perhaps they intend to tie the knot in a western style wedding. Sonoko may have been made responsible for researching good locations and asked Ran and Sera to help, explaining the western building and a reason for a rich girl like Momiji and her butler to be present. Attending a wedding is definitely something Conan would be expected to experience when he grows up.

Chapter 1000 may be a wedding event related to the Suzuki's in Kyoto, with Momiji and Iori present, and a case happens.

Spoiler:
Sonoko is definitely talking about our Shinichi here I think; the kanji for our Shinichi are used, she calls him "Shinichi-kun" and earlier they were talking about how Okita resembles Shinichi (Masumi: "That guy that looks just like Kudo-kun?"). Plus, why would Sonoko even know that Iori = Shinichi Wada, especially if we don't even know if Sonoko knows about the Poirot incident.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 161

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Themaninarmor » May 30th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Kogoro didn't let Ran fall for shinichi even though he is a type of man girl should avoid most :D

Spoiler:
if the conversation about shinichi in this case is a preparation for the 1000th, then it's possible if shinichi will appear in his real body and of course the scene i have waiting for... meeting with Sera (maybe with that meeting, Mary will trust Conan -> plot progress).
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 148

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby kkuuddoo » May 30th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Themaninarmor wrote:Kogoro didn't let Ran fall for shinichi even though he is a type of man girl should avoid most :D

Spoiler:
if the conversation about shinichi in this case is a preparation for the 1000th, then it's possible if shinichi will appear in his real body and of course the scene i have waiting for... meeting with Sera (maybe with that meeting, Mary will trust Conan -> plot progress).


Spoiler:
I totally agree with you on this one, I surly can't wait to see Sera's reaction to Shinichi finally appearing, pretty sure everyone will forget about Conan for a minute too, as always.
I wonder if she will be shocked, and wonder how he become shinichi again, hoping to find a solution for her mothers situation, even if its temporary. From there, Conan might as well bring Haibara into the picture in a way or another, since Shinichi only appears when he takes the prototype haibara made, since the discovery of the alcohol having a effect on them when sick. I don't think Conan will attempt drinking that alcohol since he is sure haibara has those antidote with her.
And as you said, Sera might finally be able to bring Mary into trusting Conan, after she tells her "Conan went back to his normal body as shinichi, and although the effect was temporary, there is a way, so can you please trust the Lad so I can bring him here and we can talk to him about it ) or something like that. Therefore Conan can introduce Haibara to them who is responsible for the making the antidote.

There is a lot of things I can think of in this scenario, and its very EXCITING !!

I'm hoping that I am not going to far with my thoughts, we are all hoping for plot progress soon !
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Zerozaki4869
Posts: 146

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 994-99X

Postby Zerozaki4869 » May 31st, 2017, 12:42 am

kkuuddoo wrote:
Themaninarmor wrote:Kogoro didn't let Ran fall for shinichi even though he is a type of man girl should avoid most :D

Spoiler:
if the conversation about shinichi in this case is a preparation for the 1000th, then it's possible if shinichi will appear in his real body and of course the scene i have waiting for... meeting with Sera (maybe with that meeting, Mary will trust Conan -> plot progress).


Spoiler:
I totally agree with you on this one, I surly can't wait to see Sera's reaction to Shinichi finally appearing, pretty sure everyone will forget about Conan for a minute too, as always.
I wonder if she will be shocked, and wonder how he become shinichi again, hoping to find a solution for her mothers situation, even if its temporary. From there, Conan might as well bring Haibara into the picture in a way or another, since Shinichi only appears when he takes the prototype haibara made, since the discovery of the alcohol having a effect on them when sick. I don't think Conan will attempt drinking that alcohol since he is sure haibara has those antidote with her.
And as you said, Sera might finally be able to bring Mary into trusting Conan, after she tells her "Conan went back to his normal body as shinichi, and although the effect was temporary, there is a way, so can you please trust the Lad so I can bring him here and we can talk to him about it ) or something like that. Therefore Conan can introduce Haibara to them who is responsible for the making the antidote.

There is a lot of things I can think of in this scenario, and its very EXCITING !!

I'm hoping that I am not going to far with my thoughts, we are all hoping for plot progress soon !


Though I can't read Japanese from the visuals I totally concur with your speculations.

Now comes the interesting part
This case looks very promising and interesting. It might lay-off a Mary Shinichi meeting.
Now assuming the victim is already dead,we can see something specific from the crime scene.
The injury is on the left side of the fore-head and the location indicates that it was struck from the front. So killer is right-handed and the weapon used was a blunt instrument.
The lack of the signs of a fight(neat and clean shirt of the victim, lack of defensive wounds mean that it most likely a one hit kill. So the spilled water vase in the crime scene doesn't make much of a sense, but there's a chance that spilled water was needed to get rid of the murder weapon. Also the injury was vertical, not horizontal. A frontal vertical injury means that the height difference between the criminal and the victim was well within 3-4 inches.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Serinox, Viper and 15 guests