Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Zerozaki4869
Posts: 296

Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby Zerozaki4869 » May 20th, 2017, 7:05 am

It appears to me that both Kuroda and Rumi refresh each other's memory and remind them of two persons from the past.

At the last panel of the file 987 we see Rumi glaring at Kuroda and the previous panel showed Rumi being shocked after seeing Kuroda.

Probably Kuroda's appearance reminds her of a person with a dysfunctional right eye.

For Kuroda it was someone whom he knew at personal capacity and the said person didn't like camping.

So from Kuroda's perspective Rumi is resembling someone who hated outdoor activities and Kuroda knew that person at a personal level.

(Some might argue that Kuroda was referring to Rum and a killer won't be going to camping trips with kids, but the choice of words of Kuroda proved otherwise, he said that "That person wasn't like this."

This means he is referring to the habits of person, which the said person had in the past, not about the M.O. of that person.)
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1452

Re: Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby k11chi » May 20th, 2017, 9:23 am

He could also have meant that the person who Rumi was in the past was like the hidden side of Rumi that we see sometimes (who manipulates Conan to witness the crime scenes for her own benefit). But because Rumi is a school teacher now, Kuroda wouldn't believe she's "that person."
In other words they know each other but a rather long time has passed since the incident.
Zerozaki4869
Posts: 296

Re: Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby Zerozaki4869 » May 20th, 2017, 9:48 am

k11chi wrote:He could also have meant that the person who Rumi was in the past was like the hidden side of Rumi that we see sometimes (who manipulates Conan to witness the crime scenes for her own benefit). But because Rumi is a school teacher now, Kuroda wouldn't believe she's "that person."
In other words they know each other but a rather long time has passed since the incident.

Kuroda didn't say that he didn't believe that Rumi is the same person, he only said that the other person was different. That's why he came out to observe her.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1452

Re: Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby k11chi » May 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Zerozaki4869 wrote:
k11chi wrote:He could also have meant that the person who Rumi was in the past was like the hidden side of Rumi that we see sometimes (who manipulates Conan to witness the crime scenes for her own benefit). But because Rumi is a school teacher now, Kuroda wouldn't believe she's "that person."
In other words they know each other but a rather long time has passed since the incident.

Kuroda didn't say that he didn't believe that Rumi is the same person, he only said that the other person was different. That's why he came out to observe her.

Yes, and the reason for going there to "observe" Rumi face to face was ofcourse to get some kind of confirmation.
yuukichang
User avatar

'one truth prevails'

Posts: 9

Contact:

Re: Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby yuukichang » May 20th, 2017, 11:22 pm

I think Kuroda and Rumi have both connections to the BO before (either infiltrated the org or part of it) One of them can be RUM or it can be they are partners as RUM and just have some plastic surgery or whatever
::) ::) ::)
Zerozaki4869
Posts: 296

Re: Kuroda and Rumi's conversation

Postby Zerozaki4869 » May 21st, 2017, 4:23 am

yuukichang wrote:I think Kuroda and Rumi have both connections to the BO before (either infiltrated the org or part of it) One of them can be RUM or it can be they are partners as RUM and just have some plastic surgery or whatever

A nice proposition but quite debatable, Rumi not that much but Kuroda is a different ball game.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests