Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Post Reply
User avatar
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts:
1655

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
Spimer wrote:If anyone wants to search for them they will be able to find them on their own, I'd say.
This.

It should be known by now even to casuals and lurkers where to find this stuff. The spoiler cbox is part of the DCTP website, so that shouldn't be difficult to find. Otherwise, a simple google search will yield results as well.
In that case, I'll just leave it at this:

If the spoiler box doesn't have links to the newest spoiler pics (due to there being too many), just click on the links to the spoiler pics of older files (i.e., the ones that didn't have too many spoiler pics). One should be able to make their way to the new spoiler pics, from there.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
User avatar
Max1996

Posts:
439

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Max1996 »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
So, "shirt"/clothing was mistaken for "box cutter", due to a misunderstanding of a Kansai-ben wording, and Nukitani was actually calling his wife to bring him new clothes, since his shirt got bloody(as seen in File 990)?
...If that's the case, then so much for the mystery :P
so Ned was right in the end.
That...wouldn't actually say anything about who the killer is...would it?
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1278

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Max1996 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
So, "shirt"/clothing was mistaken for "box cutter", due to a misunderstanding of a Kansai-ben wording, and Nukitani was actually calling his wife to bring him new clothes, since his shirt got bloody(as seen in File 990)?
...If that's the case, then so much for the mystery :P
so Ned was right in the end.
That...wouldn't actually say anything about who the killer is...would it?
Yeah. Have to wait for the full chapter to figure out the culprit.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
User avatar
Spimer
Moderator
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts:
1299

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Spimer »

Spoiler:
New leaked pic reveals Onimaru to be contestant Iori and Okita talked about. But he won't fight in finals due to sudden family business about a title.

So Okita or Heiji, whichever wins will be champion
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
User avatar
Serinox

Posts:
530
Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
So it really is Onimaru (the hint with "strong as an oni" wasn't really subtle though xD), that's cool. Almost a bit disappointing that he won't fight (and probably not even appear much more or even at all if he has family business), but hey, Gosho already extended Okita's cameo status, can't grant too many of these suckers more screen time. Anyway, looks like after the reference to Onimaru in the Zombie case, Ryo Horikawa will get to truly revisit an older role of his for one scene ^^
User avatar
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts:
1655

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Anyway, looks like after the reference to Onimaru in the Zombie case, Ryo Horikawa will get to truly revisit an older role of his for one scene ^^
Spoiler:
Yep, it's going on the top of the list of scenes that'll be anticipated for the next year, to be sure, for old school fans of Gosho, himself, not just of DC.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
User avatar
Max1996

Posts:
439

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Max1996 »

MeiTanteixX wrote: Yeah. Have to wait for the full chapter to figure out the culprit.
So, the mystery of who killed the victim still remains.
User avatar
Spimer
Moderator
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts:
1299

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Spimer »

Indeed.
Spoiler:
However, it'd seem the whole "cutter" thing wasn't related to the murder altogether and the old man made an assumption there.

Heiji figured out what the victim was actually talking about but the mystery remains of who did it and how the stomach medicine is related.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
User avatar
Swagnarok

Posts:
427

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Swagnarok »

Spimer wrote:Indeed.
Spoiler:
However, it'd seem the whole "cutter" thing wasn't related to the murder altogether and the old man made an assumption there.

Heiji figured out what the victim was actually talking about but the mystery remains of who did it and how the stomach medicine is related.
Spoiler:
*deleted*
Last edited by Swagnarok on April 12th, 2017, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1278

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by MeiTanteixX »

About the "box-cutter" mystery:
Yunnie's Deduction
Spoiler:
The line in Japanese sounds like ‘katta ga chi de kirehen kara, kawari wo mottekoi’.

Old man thought that he said katta as shortened version of katta naifu, which means box cutter.

But actually the hint with cutter yacht told us, that the cutter can be something different. Why the old man thought of the knife? Because he doesn’t know any cutters and you can use ‘kiru’ with. Kiru means ‘to cut’… So, obviously, when you hear ‘cutter’ and ‘cut’ at the same sentence, you think that obviously he’s speaking about a cutter knife.
But, you know, kiru also has another meaning. Which is ‘to wear’.
Victim’s wife is bringing him spare clothes.
Victim had a nosebleed.
And, finally, cutter in kansaiben means ‘cutter shirt’! Or sports shirt with long sleeves.

And the mystery is clear as day:
‘katta ga chi de kirehen kara, kawari wo mottekoi’
Because of the blood, I can’t wear my cutter shirt, so bring me another one.
And the call was to his wife.
My thoughts on File 990-992:
Spoiler:
Akane is probably the culprit.
She fed Nukitani with chocolate(which is bad for people with ulcer) to start his stomach ache, in order for him to leave and privately take medicine(luckily for her, he got a nosebleed that ruined his cutter shirt, which became another reason to leave for a private phone call). That way she can create an opportunity to kill him outside, close to the restroom(where her backpack was placed beforehand). Being his lover, she probably knew of his routines of where he goes when he wants privacy outside the tournament.

Conan might've realized that the culprit(Akane and her chocolate) was the reason to why Nukitani was taking medicine, right before getting killed, here:

Image

The culprit wore the hakama the other way around, compared to how Okita wore it. That's why the blood is in the back:

Image

This could be due to a gender difference, in terms of how you wear a hakama.

Only the chocolate near the edge was melting because only that part was affected by heat:

Image

She might've tucked that side of the chocolate box behind her "tare"(within the "do"), which resulted the extra heat that accumulated on the edge of the box, or/and maybe the sewing scissor was hot and was touching the edge of the chocolate box(while they were in the bag).

The scissor was in someway used as a weapon. Maybe heat played into it. As for blood, the forensics were gonna test for it, but since this was premeditated, she probably managed to avoid leaving blood traces on it. She mentioned toilet paper was running out when she was exiting the restroom, so maybe that played a role again.

Image

Iori is definitely the unknown silent passerby:

Image

Considering that Momiji was willing to do something about Okita, It's possible that she is behind Onimaru's upcoming absence in the finals. She seemed to already be aware of Onimaru's situation, just by getting Iori's confirmation about something. Maybe the Tokyo governor is someone close to her.

Image

And of course, last not but least,... the winner of this Kendo Tournament is:

Image

Namakoshi Kurahiko! ;D
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on April 13th, 2017, 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
User avatar
saorin
"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Posts:
179

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by saorin »

MeiTanteixX wrote: My thoughts on File 990-992:
Spoiler:
Akane is probably the culprit.
She fed Nukitani with chocolate(which is bad for people with ulcer) to start his stomach ache, in order for him to leave and privately take medicine(luckily for her, he got a nosebleed that ruined his cutter shirt, which became another reason to leave for a private phone call). That way she can create an opportunity to kill him outside, close to the restroom(where her backpack was placed beforehand). Being his lover, she probably knew of his routines of where he goes when he wants privacy outside the tournament.

Conan might've realized that the culprit(Akane and her chocolate) was the reason to why Nukitani was taking medicine, right before getting killed, here:

Image

The culprit wore the hakama the other way around, compared to how Okita wore it. That's why the blood is in the back:

Image

This could be due to a gender difference, in terms of how you wear a hakama.

Only the chocolate near the edge was melting because only that part was affected by heat:

Image

She might've tucked that side of the chocolate box behind her "tare"(within the "do"), which resulted the extra heat that accumulated on the edge of the box, or/and maybe the sewing scissor was hot and was touching the edge of the chocolate box(while they were in the bag).

The scissor was in someway used as a weapon. Maybe heat played into it. As for blood, the forensics were gonna test for it, but since this was premeditated, she probably managed to avoid leaving blood traces on it. She mentioned toilet paper was running out when she exiting the restroom, so maybe that played a role again.

Iori is definitely the unknown silent passerby:

Image

Considering that Momiji was willing to do something about Okita, It's possible that she is behind Onimaru's upcoming absence in the finals. She seemed to already be aware of Onimaru's situation, just by getting Iori's confirmation about something. Maybe the Tokyo governor is someone close to her.

Image

And of course, last not but least,... the winner of this Kendo Tournament is:

Image

Namakoshi Kurahiko! ;D
Spoiler:
Yes, I agree :) I also found the fact suspicious that she pointed out that the toilet paper had run out, apparently she used it to wipe off the blood. And she was the only person in the women's restroom after all.
Also, the chocolates she carried have a direct connection to the medicine he took, thematically.
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1278

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by MeiTanteixX »

About the weapon.
In File 992 (page 14), Tsuneyuki mentions that he heard a rasping sound. It might've been what Takagi suggested, the sound of the cutter being broken apart. Akane might've broken down the cutter into pieces, using her scissor, after warming the cutter up under hot water. Afterwards, she hid the warm pieces under the chocolate(that were on the edge), which resulted the melting.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
User avatar
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts:
330

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Tantei San »

MeiTanteixX wrote:About the weapon.
In File 992 (page 14), Tsuneyuki mentions that he heard a rasping sound. It might've been what Takagi suggested, the sound of the cutter being broken apart. Akane might've broken down the cutter into pieces, using her scissor, after warming the cutter up under hot water. Afterwards, she hid the warm pieces under the chocolate(that were on the edge), which resulted the melting.
Only part that i find weird .. is how did she get hot water ?
I don't think public restrooms or school restrooms have hot water or they may have but hot water is not enough to warm scissors enough to cut metal.. never was..never will. Either she had a candle , lighter or something which can glow for a long time so as to do that.
1988
I like DC not DC as in D.C./A.C. but DC as in DCxMK...

Posts:
7

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by 1988 »

Spoiler:
First I do agree with you that the girlfriend is the culprit, seeing how she's more or less the only person with a real motive.

I feel like the victim would've noticed that he was fed chocolate. Also the chocolate she has looks like a cheap brand, she has no pocket change on her person, and the chocolate box is still not missing any pieces(unless she bought a second box, which seems improbable to me).
Last edited by 1988 on November 12th, 2017, 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1278

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Tantei San wrote:they may have but hot water is not enough to warm scissors enough to cut metal.. never was..never will
Cutter(like in utility knives) are pretty thin, and therefore to some degree bendable. Heat would scientifically make it even more bendable(am I wrong?).
1988 wrote: I want to focus on the chocolate subject a lil' bit:
Spoiler:
First I do agree with you that the girlfriend is the culprit, seeing how she's more or less the only person with a real motive.

I feel like the victim would've noticed that he was fed chocolate. Also the chocolate she has looks like a cheap brand, she has no pocket change on her person, and the chocolate box is still not missing any pieces(unless she bought a second box, which seems improbable to me).
I wasn't assuming that she fed him without him knowing. She probably offered him that and he might've not known the side-effect that it has on him. As for the Chocolate box:
Image
The size gives me the impression that another row of chocolate is hidden.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Post Reply