Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MrDetective

Irregular Scans staff

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby MrDetective » March 28th, 2017, 5:12 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.

Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.

Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

I'd like to point out two things

1) Gosho is well known for saying BS during interviews, he constantly says stuff that contradict themselves, so I wouldn't pay much attention

2) Supernatural elements have already appeared in DC, for example that medium woman who predicted that Conan's secret would be discovered during the Sherlockian murder case.

So I see no reason why Conan's world and MK Kaito's/Yaiba's would be different worlds
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 28th, 2017, 5:28 pm

MrDetective wrote:I'd like to point out two things

1) Gosho is well known for saying BS during interviews, he constantly says stuff that contradict themselves, so I wouldn't pay much attention
Name an example pls.
MrDetective wrote:2) Supernatural elements have already appeared in DC, for example that medium woman who predicted that Conan's secret would be discovered during the Sherlockian murder case.
That's not supernatural, especially on Akako's level. Fortunetellers can say all kinds of things that can seem accurate to the truth(in this case, Gosho was using it as a foreshadowing device, not as an "actual-magic introducer" to the series).
MrDetective wrote:So I see no reason why Conan's world and MK Kaito's/Yaiba's would be different worlds
Is that it? just a fortuneteller? That's convincing. I guess Magic might play a role in the future.
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on March 28th, 2017, 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox

Postby Serinox » March 28th, 2017, 5:30 pm

MrDetective wrote:
k11chi wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.

Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.

Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

I'd like to point out two things

Gosho didn't say that about different universes in an interview, he said it in his additional comments/remarks section in the Treasured Edition re-releases of the MK volumes from 2011. Makes it a bit different and more serious compared to sometimes hastily given interview answers.
Shiromi

Postby Shiromi » March 29th, 2017, 10:05 pm

I predict that Heiji and Okita are going to be too late to compete in the final match, and they'll both lose.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Phantom-Of-Baker-St

Postby Phantom-Of-Baker-St » March 30th, 2017, 4:43 am

Shiromi wrote:I predict that Heiji and Okita are going to be too late to compete in the final match, and they'll both lose.

Spoiler:
Probably ! Plus i'm sure that Heiji will make his confession to Kazuha in the upcoming movie (yay it's my first post :D!)
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 30th, 2017, 5:14 am

Phantom-Of-Baker-St wrote:
Shiromi wrote:I predict that Heiji and Okita are going to be too late to compete in the final match, and they'll both lose.

Spoiler:
Probably ! Plus i'm sure that Heiji will make his confession to Kazuha in the upcoming movie (yay it's my first post :D!)

Spoiler:
If he does, he'll have to also confess in the manga—the movies are non-canon, after all.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Phantom-Of-Baker-St

Postby Phantom-Of-Baker-St » March 30th, 2017, 5:30 am

Phantom-Of-Baker-St wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If he does, he'll have to also confess in the manga—the movies are non-canon, after all.

Spoiler:
Damn i sometimes forget about that xD!
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » March 30th, 2017, 6:26 am

Welcome to the forums, Phantom-Of-Baker-St.

Yes, like Serinox pointed out, the movies aren't canon because none of them affect the manga or the anime in overall, as Gosho has stated in many interviews.

Policy regarding new files is to use spoiler boxes during the first seven days of a file being available, as written in the first page of this thread.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
APTX-1412

Postby APTX-1412 » March 30th, 2017, 7:32 am

Spoiler:
What did Okita mean when he said: there is actually another one, a real strong guy I can't lose ta.
did he wanted to mock of heiji or there is really someone stronger than him.
Phantom-Of-Baker-St

Postby Phantom-Of-Baker-St » March 30th, 2017, 7:41 am

Spimer wrote:Welcome to the forums, Phantom-Of-Baker-St.

Yes, like Serinox pointed out, the movies aren't canon because none of them affect the manga or the anime in overall, as Gosho has stated in many interviews.

Policy regarding new files is to use spoiler boxes during the first seven days of a file being available, as written in the first page of this thread.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Thank you :D !

sometimes i forget that detail, my bad :/

I already read about the spoiler box (i visited the forum as a guest before) but didn't konw about that seven days rules thanks :)

And again thanks i already like the forum a lot :D
Serinox

Postby Serinox » March 30th, 2017, 8:07 am

APTX-1412 wrote:
Spoiler:
What did Okita mean when he said: there is actually another one, a real strong guy I can't lose ta.
did he wanted to mock of heiji or there is really someone stronger than him.

Spoiler:
Probably another reference to the guy that Iori was talking about in 990, the high schooler who is as strong as a demon, who is not Okita.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Postby kentasaiba » March 30th, 2017, 8:22 am

Spoiler:
Maybe Heiji will fight Yaiba in the finales?
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 30th, 2017, 8:42 am

Since the "unknown passerby" wasn't addressed in File 991, and the blind man seems to be telling the truth about not hearing anyone leave the crime scene, I'm gonna assume that Iori was the person that passed by Conan and that observed the corpse and crime scene before leaving with his silent steps.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 30th, 2017, 8:49 am

kentasaiba wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe Heiji will fight Yaiba in the finales?

I don't think they would allow them to beat up a kid so I doubt it.
caribou

Postby caribou » March 30th, 2017, 9:27 am

Spoiler:
What does everyone think that the victim was doing / intending to do, that would involve (a) that digestive medicine, (b) not hurting the lawn, (c) the smudge on his shirt, (d) a bloody box cutter? ???
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”